What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL and PDSL RULES (1 Viewer)

OldMilwaukee

IBL Representative
Radballs first PDSL post:

radballs. said:
8 hour clock
clock is turned off 12am - 8am EST
The rules and scoring:
20 rounds of drafting
No trading of picks
No trading of players
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting.
No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score.

Player Scoring:
Passing TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts
1 pt per 20 yards passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)
2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:
3 pts per FG
1 pt per EP
Defense Scoring:
Points Allowed
0 = 5 points
1-6 = 3 points
7-13 = 1 point
14+ = 0 points
Total Yards Allowed
0-199 = 5 points
200-249 = 3 points
250-299 = 1 point
300+ = 0 points
Sack = 1 point
INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points
Safety = 2 points
TD (inc. ST) = 6 points
And BassNBrew's MBSL rules:

BassNBrew said:
18 rounds of drafting
No free agent pick ups
Serpentine drafting
No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score
No limits on draft by position, i.e. you can draft 4 defenses if so inclined.

Player Scoring:
Passing TDs = 6 pts
Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts
1 pt per 20 yards passing
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)
2 pt per reception (TE)
Kicker Scoring:
3 pts per FG
1 pt per EP
Defense Scoring:
Points Allowed
0 = 5 points
1-6 = 3 points
7-13 = 1 point
14+ = 0 points
Total Yards Allowed
0-199 = 5 points
200-249 = 3 points
250-299 = 1 point
300+ = 0 points
Sack = 1 point
INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points
Safety = 2 points
TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

Low Score each week for first 13 weeks is booted off (except for the cumulative scoring league). High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week.
Once there are 3 teams left, there will be no more amnesty. (see below)
NOTE: Amended to once there are four (4) teams left (2009).

For weeks 14-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks.
A prize of message board bragging rights will be given to the winner.
If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.

Should a dispute arise, Twilight will act as the league commish once the season starts. His decision is final. In scoring disputes, we'll defer to the scoring used by Twilight and his software. Scores are final as of midnite Tuesday, no matter what scoring changes occur during the week. BnB and Duke1948 will serve as commish prior to the season.

Time limits explained above. No additional time for the people on the tail end of the snake. Each league will be responsible for tracking their own time limit violations.

If you miss you selection, you can make it at any time, first come, first serve on who's left.

Pre-drafting via PM to another member is encouraged.
Same rules with the exception of draft lenght. PDSL is 20 rounds, SSL is 18 rounds.

Added by Bass Ale: 8/26/14

Allow the system to automatically pick a player for the owner based on the highest-ranked available player, on the owner's "My Draft List" player ranking, and then once that list is exhausted, according to rankings generated by Fantasy Sharks.

Last edited by a moderator:
what if someone has already timed out once, do their clocks get moved down from 8 hrs to 4 I think I recall that heppening last year

BassNBrew said:
FYI...Clock gets cut in half each time you exceed your limit. As soon as someone has 3 open picks that haven't been made, the draft stops and that person is replaced on a first come, first serve basis.

SSL1 will start Monday after the draft

SSL2 will start on Wednesday

SSL3 will start on Friday

SSL4 will start the second Monday after the draft

SSL Ladder Placement Chart

SSL1
SSL1 1st-5th

SSL2 1st-5th

SSL3 1st-3rd

SSL4 1st-3rd

SSL2
SSL1 6th-10th

SSL2 6th-9th

SSL3 4th-7th

SSL4 4th-6th

SSL3

SSL1 11th-13th

SSL2 10th-13th

SSL3 8th-12th

SSL4 7th-10th

SSL4

SSL1 14th-16th

SSL2 14th-16th

SSL3 13th-16th

SSL4 11th-16th

seeking clarification:

I looked in this thread and the WSL one, but it's not really listed in the "rules".

I think it has been mentioned in some of the threads before, but just thought we should maybe make it official in here somehwere.

Player position designation?

I am assuming we are rolling with whatever the MFL site decides. Meaning if they have player X lumped in with the WR's, he is a WR.....if he is lumped in with the RB's he is an RB.

With Graham and Pitta etc, possibly fighting future battles around this, and guys like McCluster who was listed last year as a WR but now this year as a RB, this could come into play.

I believe MFL has been known to switch their designations prior to the start of the season etc. but possibly after some of these drafts have been completed.

Bottom line: when drafting a player, you are assuming that risk when building your roster. If his position changes on MFL, it also changes on your roster. If you draft McCluster in one of these leagues right now as a RB and he gets switched to WR on MFL at any point, he becomes a WR on your roster.

Is this correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
seeking clarification:

I looked in this thread and the WSL one, but it's not really listed in the "rules".

I think it has been mentioned in some of the threads before, but just thought we should maybe make it official in here somehwere.

Player position designation?

I am assuming we are rolling with whatever the MFL site decides. Meaning if they have player X lumped in with the WR's, he is a WR.....if he is lumped in with the RB's he is an RB.

With Graham and Pitta etc, possibly fighting future battles around this, and guys like McCluster who was listed last year as a WR but now this year as a RB, this could come into play.

I believe MFL has been known to switch their designations prior to the start of the season etc. but possibly after some of these drafts have been completed.

Bottom line: when drafting a player, you are assuming that risk when building your roster. If his position changes on MFL, it also changes on your roster. If you draft McCluster in one of these leagues right now as a RB and he gets switched to WR on MFL at any point, he becomes a WR on your roster.

Is this correct?
Correct. You are at the mercy of the mfl designation on a weekly basis.

If the high score for the week - say Wk 5 - is a player already eliminated does the immunity for Week 6 go to the next highest score?

New rule.  If you miss your first round pick, you will be moved to slot 16 for the first round only.  Your clock will be cut in half.  If you miss that pick, you will be replaced.  Your remaining picks will not change.

Users who are viewing this thread