What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (1 Viewer)

(HULK)

(Smash)
4.5 stars out of 5.

Hysterical. Only marked down for gratuitious male frontal nudity.

Last edited by a moderator:
4.5 stars out of 5.Hysterical. Only marked down for gratuitious male frontal nudity.
How's it stack up against 40YOV, Superbad, and Knocked Up? I do wanna see it, male nudity and all. :banned:
I'd put Superbad ahead of it, but FSM was better than the others (which were all funny in their own right).Too many "geez dude, get over it already" moments in the beginning.

4.5 stars out of 5.Hysterical. Only marked down for gratuitious male frontal nudity.
How's it stack up against 40YOV, Superbad, and Knocked Up? I do wanna see it, male nudity and all. :thumbup:
I'd put Superbad ahead of it, but FSM was better than the others (which were all funny in their own right).Too many "geez dude, get over it already" moments in the beginning.
:thumbup: Its good enough to not have a lot of complaints though.All of them really are great comedies of this era.

Glad somebody started a thread about this. I saw it the other night and laughed my ### off. Every small character in the movie was hysterical - Jonah Hill, Bill Hader, Paul Rudd, the Mormon-type dude, the big black bartender etc. etc.

"Did you get a chance to listen to my demo?

See I was going to, but then I decided to get on living the rest of my life."

Loved it. Much more in the mold of Knocked Up but hillarious. That movie made me go......nevermind, no spoilers.

It was funny. I liked Virgin, Superbad and Knocked Up better, but really good. Seemed to drag a bit in the middle but a lot of laugh out loud moments. I thought the leads were funnier in those other Apatow joints, but this is a good movie. Mila Kunis is so hot it hurts.

This movie kind of reminded me of a modern day "10" a sex-comedy.

Unfortunately, people around here don't know how to act at the movie theater(and I'm not talking about tuna cans). I'll have to wait until it's on video unless I can sneak away to a matinee.

avoiding injuries said:
Unfortunately, people around here don't know how to act at the movie theater(and I'm not talking about tuna cans). I'll have to wait until it's on video unless I can sneak away to a matinee.
Anybody know where you can watch/download it for free online? I've pretty much shun movie theaters.

avoiding injuries said:
Anybody know where you can watch/download it for free online? I've pretty much shun movie theaters.
They may have it at onlinecinema.org. I'm not on my laptop but I think thats the website.

avoiding injuries said:
The group next to us was so ridiculous we thought the lights were going to come up and Ashton Kutcher would appear. Lots of interaction between their group and the screen.."don't you do it!!! OH NO, he did it!"At least the one lady spilled her can of soda all over herself. That was fun.

SecondCity34 said:
Good movie - I didn't realize just how hot Mila Kunis is until I saw that movie. She's a piece.
same. didn't think much of her until I saw this. Wow.hotter than Kristin Bell in this movie imo.

avoiding injuries said:
The group next to us was so ridiculous we thought the lights were going to come up and Ashton Kutcher would appear. Lots of interaction between their group and the screen.."don't you do it!!! OH NO, he did it!"At least the one lady spilled her can of soda all over herself. That was fun.
You guys could always just come to Springfield, MO to watch your movies. Pretty civilized crowds around here. :bag:

ericttspikes said:
It was funny. I liked Virgin, Superbad and Knocked Up better, but really good. Seemed to drag a bit in the middle but a lot of laugh out loud moments. I thought the leads were funnier in those other Apatow joints, but this is a good movie. Mila Kunis is so hot it hurts.

Seriously? Joints? :)

ericttspikes said:

Seriously? Joints? :unsure:
:) Is this a Spike Lee alias?

ericttspikes said:

Seriously? Joints? :)
Sorry, got all Spike Lee on ya.

BigJohn said:
Gratuitous female frontal nudity isn't enough to compensate?
What female character presents herself? If its Kristen Bell or Mila Kunis i need to see this movie sooner rather than later.

BigJohn said:
Gratuitous female frontal nudity isn't enough to compensate?
What female character presents herself? If its Kristen Bell or Mila Kunis i need to see this movie sooner rather than later.
Unforunately - neither. I was expecting a little something to even out the lopsided weiner ratio but all we got was a a picture of a some drunken topless chick with Mila Kunis' face photoshopped onto it.

Jimboozie said:
(HULK) said:
How's it stack up against 40YOV, Superbad, and Knocked Up? I do wanna see it, male nudity and all. :popcorn:
Better than them all, however, 40V was close.
:shrug:ETA: Were any of the characters not from a TV show?I can't think of any movie so dominated by TV stars.

I just saw it last night and think it has more funny moments than 40 Year old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up, etc.

I rank this as the top comedy to come out in the last 10 years.

The previews do it no justice. Watching the previews I was like meh, but my wife forced me to go and I am glad she did. Sure there are some down moments and some parts you can complain about but every movie has these. This is a must see for sure!

Carter_Can_Fly said:
I just saw it last night and think it has more funny moments than 40 Year old Virgin, Superbad, Knocked Up, etc.I rank this as the top comedy to come out in the last 10 years.The previews do it no justice. Watching the previews I was like meh, but my wife forced me to go and I am glad she did. Sure there are some down moments and some parts you can complain about but every movie has these. This is a must see for sure!
I'm glad you said something because I love the movies that apatow and his crew does but from the commercials I was pretty meh about seeing this one

Statorama said:
Jimboozie said:
(HULK) said:
How's it stack up against 40YOV, Superbad, and Knocked Up? I do wanna see it, male nudity and all. :lmao:
I think superbad was by far the worst of them. Take out the scenes with the cops and Mclovin and the movie pretty much blew.

saw it last night and this movie is hilarious. Paul Rudd (thats his name right/?) is hilarious in this movie

How's it stack up against 40YOV, Superbad, and Knocked Up? I do wanna see it, male nudity and all. :popcorn:
I think superbad was by far the worst of them. Take out the scenes with the cops and Mclovin and the movie pretty much blew.
Not a big fan of 'Period Pants'?Hey, I laughed my ### off during "Scream", so what do I know.

Better than them all, however, 40V was close.
:popcorn:ETA: Were any of the characters not from a TV show?I can't think of any movie so dominated by TV stars.
Walk Hard : The Dewey Cox Story had so many people from TV (esp. "The Office") in it that it became distracting at certain points.

:popcorn: Too much homoerotic underrtones between the two main characters too. We get it, they're best friends struggling to imagine post-high school life when they leave for different colleges. But cripes man, either have them exit the closet or move on...

Unfortunately, people around here don't know how to act at the movie theater (and I'm not talking about tuna cans). I'll have to wait until it's on video unless I can sneak away to a matinee.
It's not just "around here" bro... it's everywhere.At some point, it evidently became acceptable to have nice, loud conversations while the movie is playing.People suck.

i haven't found it online yet and i've been looking for a week. if i find it, i'll post it.

Users who are viewing this thread