What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Hells Kitchen Thread*** (2 Viewers)

wow what a trainwreck this bunch is.

Van wants to fight everybody. None of the women can cook. One guy's signature dish is sausage gravy over a biscuit... one girl's signature dish is a piece of french toast served with Tequila.

Then the marine blows his top and and wants to fight Ramsey! wtf?

He may be planted for drama, but if so the acting is pretty good. It's as if he wanted to go on the show and get yelled at so he could go off.

It's cool to see Robert back but his condition wasn't good when he left last year and this year he looks like he gained 25 more pounds. Hopefully he's on medication at least... or maybe the medical staff shown in next week's previews was for him.

wow what a trainwreck this bunch is. Van wants to fight everybody. None of the women can cook. One guy's signature dish is sausage gravy over a biscuit... one girl's signature dish is a piece of french toast served with Tequila. Then the marine blows his top and and wants to fight Ramsey! wtf? He may be planted for drama, but if so the acting is pretty good. It's as if he wanted to go on the show and get yelled at so he could go off. It's cool to see Robert back but his condition wasn't good when he left last year and this year he looks like he gained 25 more pounds. Hopefully he's on medication at least... or maybe the medical staff shown in next week's previews was for him.
:goodposting: Jayrok gets him some TV.WTF with the tough guy challenging Chef to a fight? That had to be a bet he had with some tough guys back home. :blackdot:

So the Dallas chef wants to fight everyone? I'm intrigued because that restaurant he works at is really, really, really good.

wow what a trainwreck this bunch is. Van wants to fight everybody. None of the women can cook. One guy's signature dish is sausage gravy over a biscuit... one girl's signature dish is a piece of french toast served with Tequila. Then the marine blows his top and and wants to fight Ramsey! wtf? He may be planted for drama, but if so the acting is pretty good. It's as if he wanted to go on the show and get yelled at so he could go off. It's cool to see Robert back but his condition wasn't good when he left last year and this year he looks like he gained 25 more pounds. Hopefully he's on medication at least... or maybe the medical staff shown in next week's previews was for him.
:unsure: Jayrok gets him some TV.WTF with the tough guy challenging Chef to a fight? That had to be a bet he had with some tough guys back home. :lmao:
It seems like he might be planted for TV but he's a psycho with a short fuse. If it's for real how bizarre. The girl kept telling him to show respect and he kept saying "shut your ####### mouth". Ramsey was like wtf?!? How about when he dissed Ramsey at the lunch reward? He said he wasn't on the show for lunches and boat rides. Maybe he would have rather peeled shrimp all day. high comedy. Van should've shown JP a little respect, though. That was awkward.

Just caught the end....who was the toolbox :unsure: ?? Gordon's "are you effin' serious/are we back in the fifth grade" looks were priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Dallas chef wants to fight everyone? I'm intrigued because that restaurant he works at is really, really, really good.
He got praise from Ramsey for most of his cooking so far. He has a massive chip on his shoulder and has no respect for any of them except Ramsey. He was about to hit JP and then wanted to fight one of the other guys for saying he (Van) should go up for elimination. But so far, cooking-wise, he seems to be one of the better chefs.

Just caught the end....who was the toolbox :unsure: ?? Gordon's "are you effin' serious/are we back in the fifth grade" looks were priceless.
Francis Sawyer... but everyone calls him psycho. Anyone calls him Francis, and he'll kill ya. Ramsey told him to lighten up and he, subsequently, made the death list.

What restaurant in Dallas? I caught bits and pieces of tonight's episode. Loved when JP said something to the effect of "I don't understand his language b/c he's from Texas."

Just caught the end....who was the toolbox :shrug: ?? Gordon's "are you effin' serious/are we back in the fifth grade" looks were priceless.
Francis Sawyer... but everyone calls him psycho. Anyone calls him Francis, and he'll kill ya. Ramsey told him to lighten up and he, subsequently, made the death list.
:rant:what the hell is that guys issueits like he was touched when he was an altar boy or something

and what about that poor sap who owned a diner who got tossed in the 1st hr
that dude HAD to be a plant. With Robert sitting in the dining room waiting to come back into the game, you know the producers were like "find me some poor schlub who has absolutely no shot and no clue. then we'll hammer him on the first night and boot his ash right outta here"

Ramsay is an example of exactly how NOT to lead. Most people underperform when you destroy their morale. If I yelled at Chef Ramsay for 6 weeks about every little mistake he made, he'd probably be the worst chef ever. Actually he'd probably cry like a baby and run out of the kitchen in the first 45 minutes.

Can I have a fork?

I'm not an Animal!

:Psycho:

Even if it's staged, I still want to know what happens. Good stuff.

that dude HAD to be a plant. With Robert sitting in the dining room waiting to come back into the game, you know the producers were like "find me some poor schlub who has absolutely no shot and no clue. then we'll hammer him on the first night and boot his ash right outta here"
That's probably true. He said he runs a diner and sells 5 gallons of his sausage gravy every day. So if the top prize is a chef spot at a resort hotel in Canada that serves gallons of gravy a day he'd be the front runner.

That's probably true. He said he runs a diner and sells 5 gallons of his sausage gravy every day. So if the top prize is a chef spot at a resort hotel in Canada that serves gallons of gravy a day he'd be the front runner.
I doubt he was a plant (at least in the traditional sense) Remember it was only 2 seasons ago where a Waffle House fry cook finished third and Ramsey was so impressed, he sent her to culinary school. No I do suspect that had a couple easy targets to send home right away to make room for Robert (no pun intended.) I suspect the gay cookware salesman was the guy they expected to leave. Was the chick that got kicked off last night the same chick that made the french toast? Hard to keep track of some of the chefs in the beginning.

And Lovely so needs to go. She's a perfect example of what's wrong with kids today. "I've been doing this for 5 minutes. I'm an expert. That guy who's been doing this for decades and is considered one of the best in the world, he don't know nothing. I am so much better than him."

I doubt he was a plant (at least in the traditional sense) Remember it was only 2 seasons ago where a Waffle House fry cook finished third and Ramsey was so impressed, he sent her to culinary school. No I do suspect that had a couple easy targets to send home right away to make room for Robert (no pun intended.) I suspect the gay cookware salesman was the guy they expected to leave. Was the chick that got kicked off last night the same chick that made the french toast? Hard to keep track of some of the chefs in the beginning.

And Lovely so needs to go. She's a perfect example of what's wrong with kids today. "I've been doing this for 5 minutes. I'm an expert. That guy who's been doing this for decades and is considered one of the best in the world, he don't know nothing. I am so much better than him."
The chick that made french toast was the other nominee to leave (Amanda I think) but she got another chance. She also was the one who put the Salmon in the freezer. Agree on Lovely. It's like those girls on American Idol who think they can sing and claim that Simon doesn't know talent when he sees it.

I do enjoy this show, but i really hate how so much of it is obviously staged. Nobody is that much of a psycho. Ramsey asked him a simple question and the guy has a total breakdown.

"I'm not here for that. I'm not a #####!!"

WTF does that mean.

I do enjoy this show, but i really hate how so much of it is obviously staged. Nobody is that much of a psycho. Ramsey asked him a simple question and the guy has a total breakdown.

"I'm not here for that. I'm not a #####!!"

WTF does that mean.
I wish that we're true.

I do enjoy this show, but i really hate how so much of it is obviously staged. Nobody is that much of a psycho. Ramsey asked him a simple question and the guy has a total breakdown. "I'm not here for that. I'm not a #####!!"WTF does that mean.
Yeah, it seems if they wanted to build drama they could have let that angle fester for a few weeks with the tension between him and Ramsay. This guy seemed to lose his mind on just about anything, in episode one!?! Like he was provoking the chef. But Ramsay seemed genuinely confused as to why this guy was such a psycho. Imagine really working with someone like that. Yikes.

Ramsay is an example of exactly how NOT to lead. Most people underperform when you destroy their morale.
Can't build them up into what you want until you break them down first.Is the military approach right for cooking? Don't know, but it's what Ramsey himself went though.
If I yelled at Chef Ramsay for 6 weeks about every little mistake he made, he'd probably be the worst chef ever. Actually he'd probably cry like a baby and run out of the kitchen in the first 45 minutes.
This has already happened, look back at his history.

Ramsay is an example of exactly how NOT to lead. Most people underperform when you destroy their morale.
Can't build them up into what you want until you break them down first.Is the military approach right for cooking? Don't know, but it's what Ramsey himself went though.
If I yelled at Chef Ramsay for 6 weeks about every little mistake he made, he'd probably be the worst chef ever. Actually he'd probably cry like a baby and run out of the kitchen in the first 45 minutes.
This has already happened, look back at his history.
:no: I was about to post this, he's simply dishing out what he took. It worked for him, so now he figures that's the way to make great chefs. I guess he figures if they're worth their salt, they can handle it, if it breaks them down, they weren't cut out for the business in the first place. I'm not saying I completely agree, but there is some merit to his method (of course it's cranked up a notch for TV, but he's really like that off camera too.)

He was either a plant or some guy looking for his 2 seconds of fame. Either way, it was pretty entertaining.

Damn this season is gonna be awesome.

And what's up with the hot-head ex-Marine from the east coast who wants to fight Ramsay -- he's like the fourth McMullen brother.

Too bad they got rid of the one reasonably attractive female.
I think that strange looking blonde would be real freaky in the sackI swear the 1 that got kicked off didnt dump all that pasta in the basket. I think I remember Ramsay dumped a few panfulls

dickey moe said:
And what's up with the hot-head ex-Marine from the east coast who wants to fight Ramsay -- he's like the fourth McMullen brother.
I'm not sure how GR should best handle this guy, what do you think?He seemed like one of the better chefs and very focused which would be an asset to running GR's restaurant.His attitude needs work though and I thought GR might be able to work him over and build him into what he needed.But with getting right in GR's face at the end of the episode I don't see how he could do anything but axe him now.How does he go about doing it with a guy right in his face without looking like a scared doosh?

dickey moe said:
I'm not sure how GR should best handle this guy, what do you think?He seemed like one of the better chefs and very focused which would be an asset to running GR's restaurant.His attitude needs work though and I thought GR might be able to work him over and build him into what he needed.But with getting right in GR's face at the end of the episode I don't see how he could do anything but axe him now.How does he go about doing it with a guy right in his face without looking like a scared doosh?
That guy gives us other former Marines a bad name. Some serious mental issues going on in that DB. I'd axe him immediately.I'd love to see Robert come from behind and sit on his head.

Throw the ex-marine and the musclehead from Texas in the Octagon and let them fight for the right to stay. That would be great television.

At first I was rooting for the Texan when he busted out the fried foie gras but I turned pretty quick when his solution to everything was to threaten a person with punching them. Get a clue you moron.

bigbottom said:
She was reasonably attractive except for those Crazy Eyes :eek: Seemed like those things popped all the time

bigbottom said:
And even she is marginal at best. They need to cast better looking women on here if they want better ratings. The female cast this year is :loco:

kaa said:
Ramsay is an example of exactly how NOT to lead. Most people underperform when you destroy their morale. If I yelled at Chef Ramsay for 6 weeks about every little mistake he made, he'd probably be the worst chef ever. Actually he'd probably cry like a baby and run out of the kitchen in the first 45 minutes.
He turns it up a whole lot for this show. If you watch his other shows like F-Word or Kitchen Nightmares then you get a different Chef. He sure can kick it up but he also has the other aspects. In fact, with Kitchen Nightmares (the BBC version.... the American seems like he kicks it up again) it is often a classic Situational Leadership approach.

bigbottom said:
And even she is marginal at best. They need to cast better looking women on here if they want better ratings. The female cast this year is :loco:
Not if they cast crazy guys that want to fight everyone including the Chef.
That's true....add that to hot chicks trying to seduce Chef Ramsay and you have good programming.

It seems the last season for this show just ended. Didn't watch a second of it. Might stick around for the Dallas guy.

It also appears that the Christina one is the only winner to still be holding a job from Gordon, or even one that managed to hang on to it for more than a very short period of time. The last season's winner has already moved on, or else turned down the job.

Users who are viewing this thread