What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA: Drake will be the next big, POPULAR rapper. (1 Viewer)

That single on the radio needs to finally go away...Since June, I've heard that song every 15 minutes regardless of what station I play.

I'm not a big fan, but he'll definitely catch fire on Lil Wayne's label.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake sucks. But I agree he will probably become huge if he hasnt already.

Drake will not be anywhere close to where Kanye is, although he's not bad and he's at a good start.

BTW its a bit weird that Drake is so popular right now and has one of the most played out singles of the summer plus now two more singles that are being played on the radio (Successful & Forever) plus is featured on the Young Money single All The Girls yet his album isnt coming out until Feb 2010 :popcorn:

BTW its a bit weird that Drake is so popular right now and has one of the most played out singles of the summer plus now two more singles that are being played on the radio (Successful & Forever) plus is featured on the Young Money single All The Girls yet his album isnt coming out until Feb 2010 :thumbup:
Thats how it works in rap. He has been getting all this hype due to the mix tape he put out. Look at 50...by the time his first "album" came out he was already the hottest "new" rapper out there cuz of his mulitple mix tapes. Then he dropped one good album and a bunch of crap.Wale sucks!

Where exactly is the "public service" in telling people who don't listen to rap who rap's next big thing will be?
I think the OP is making the PSA so you're not totally in the dark/clueless. For example, you may not know or like the music of Elvis Presley, but chances are that you know how he is at least. Who knows.....maybe you'll be on business one day and a client is blasting Drake.....do you really want to look clueless by not knowing who he is? :excited:

Drake is the best thing out there right now. I agree that Best I Ever Had is way overplayed on the radio but the radio just sucks in general. His new mixtape Property of October is 2 discs of music that I can't stop listening too. He makes Wayne a better rapper. Ignorant S*** is one of my favorite songs and its been around for a while. I used to look forward to the new tracks that Wayne put out every week but hes kinda starting to sound the same over and over again. Some of Drakes stuff is a little slow and can't really be considered rap but he has some of the best lyrical skills in the game right now.

Check out Kid Cudi too. His mixtape Welcome to Cleveland is real good and he spends a lot of time around Kanye.

Drake is the best thing out there right now. I agree that Best I Ever Had is way overplayed on the radio but the radio just sucks in general. His new mixtape Property of October is 2 discs of music that I can't stop listening too. He makes Wayne a better rapper. Ignorant S*** is one of my favorite songs and its been around for a while. I used to look forward to the new tracks that Wayne put out every week but hes kinda starting to sound the same over and over again. Some of Drakes stuff is a little slow and can't really be considered rap but he has some of the best lyrical skills in the game right now.

Check out Kid Cudi too. His mixtape Welcome to Cleveland is real good and he spends a lot of time around Kanye.
We Steady Mobbin with Gucci Mane is great stuff. :unsure:

That single on the radio needs to finally go away...Since June, I've heard that song every 15 minutes regardless of what station I play.

A video of him "freestyling"/reading lyrics off his BlackBerry isn't helping your argument.eta: KRS> Try the 2nd link.

Wale > Drake IMO.
I actually agree. Wale is the ####.
I'm really hoping he doesn't follow the great mixtapes ---> ####ty debut album pattern, like Slaughterhouse.
The only think that I've heard from Wale is that song they play on the radio with Lady GaGa and it's just meh to me.
I've never heard it. But FWIW (and it doesn't seem to be worth much), Wale can actually rhyme. I don't know if that means his album will be good (who knows) or if he'll be bigger than "Drake" (doubtful), but [old man voice]that used to count for something.[/old man voice]

his numbers from the first 2 singles have been disappointing thus far. i am going to listen to the whole album today. i have heard mixed reviews.

I thought that fad would have died by now, rap isn't music.....and get the hell off my lawn !!!

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time.

btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :shrug:

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time. btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :rolleyes:
Are you talking about Shutterbug?I agree.

I don't think his album reached up to the hype. I haven't listened to it too much but I'm not hearing anything that I want to listen to over & over. Then again, he is kind of a R&B guy so he should sell well to the ladies. With so many rap artist dropping in the next few months it's going ot be hard for Drake to keep getting radio play time.

btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :thumbup:
Yeah, Shutterbug

For all you older, non-rap listening people
How old is that?Just curious.I'm older than most of the posters here and I listen to rap. Have for like 30 years.
It clearly wasn't meant for you. It was meant for me and I want to know why so I can delete my posts and get rid of the sehorn.
I'm taking it as a warning. Now, if I hear someone on the radio say, "Coming up next is Drake", I'll know to change the channel.

btw, the new Big Boi single is pretty darn catchy. :goodposting:
Yeah, Shutterbug
i love this song and video. really looking forward to the album!

Users who are viewing this thread