What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fantasy Basketball League (1 Viewer)

Pick

Footballguy
Email should've gone out to veterans. Let me know if there are issues. You guys know the drill (free league and blah, blah, blah) but Fats and I can answer questions if there are any. Draft is set for Thursday, October 22nd, at 9 PM EST. I can't remember what days work best. That date and time is definitely workable but I'm not gonna wait long before I set it in stone.

Not sure if Fats is doing the JV league. His schedule is worse than mine and I recommended not doing it this year.

I have no clue what the numbers will be this year. 16 last year. I sent out 14 invites I think (one owner not invited back). That's a good number but I'm ok with adding more if it is a quality owner (that means you are active when your team inevitably tanks).

Thanks to Fatty for talking me back into it this year. HS football is a blast to coach but is brutal on the schedule. But the nice thing about this league is it runs itself once it is setup due to quality owners. Also, at the rate our team is going we might be done by November anyway. :coffee:

Vets as you check in please identify your team name and such. Also, if some guys here know of vets who don't get the word then get the word to them.

1. Fro's Mofos 100-66-2 .601 12 6-2-0 9 23

*2. BeatDown Brigade 110-56-2 .661 2 2-6-0 12 68

*3. Bobcat10s 89-78-1 .533 23.5 5-3-0 6 18

*4. Analrapists 112-54-2 .673 - 3-5-0 13 43

*5. Hugh Jass Allstars 98-64-6 .601 12 - 16 62

*6. Naismith Nightmares 100-64-4 .607 11 - 7 7

7. Max Funkage 85-77-6 .524 25 6-2-0 11 4

8. Craptacular 69-93-6 .429 41 2-6-0 10 18

9. Semi Pro 69-93-6 .429 41 6-2-0 4 6

10. GI Bleed 87-80-1 .521 25.5 2-6-0 5 6

11. Tough as Camby 83-80-5 .509 27.5 - 8 4

12. DW for MVP 80-86-2 .482 32 - 3 9

13. No. 16's Sweethearts 69-96-3 .420 42.5 - 2 6

14. Brit's Bashers IV 61-103-4 .375 50 - 1 4

15. Donaghy's Best Bets 56-107-5 .348 54.5 - 15 18

16. CanadianMVP

Let's do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email should've gone out to veterans. Let me know if there are issues. You guys know the drill (free league and blah, blah, blah) but Fats and I can answer questions if there are any. Draft is set for Thursday, October 22nd, at 9 PM EST. I can't remember what days work best. That date and time is definitely workable but I'm not gonna wait long before I set it in stone.

Not sure if Fats is doing the JV league. His schedule is worse than mine and I recommended not doing it this year.

I have no clue what the numbers will be this year. 16 last year. I sent out 14 invites I think (one owner not invited back). That's a good number but I'm ok with adding more if it is a quality owner (that means you are active when your team inevitably tanks).

Thanks to Fatty for talking me back into it this year. HS football is a blast to coach but is brutal on the schedule. But the nice thing about this league is it runs itself once it is setup due to quality owners. Also, at the rate our team is going we might be done by November anyway. :coffee:

Vets as you check in please identify your team name and such. Also, if some guys here know of vets who don't get the word then get the word to them.

1. Fro's Mofos 100-66-2 .601 12 6-2-0 9 23

*2. BeatDown Brigade 110-56-2 .661 2 2-6-0 12 68

*3. Bobcat10s 89-78-1 .533 23.5 5-3-0 6 18

*4. Analrapists 112-54-2 .673 - 3-5-0 13 43

*5. Hugh Jass Allstars 98-64-6 .601 12 - 16 62

*6. Naismith Nightmares 100-64-4 .607 11 - 7 7

7. Max Funkage 85-77-6 .524 25 6-2-0 11 4

8. Craptacular 69-93-6 .429 41 2-6-0 10 18

9. Semi Pro 69-93-6 .429 41 6-2-0 4 6

10. GI Bleed 87-80-1 .521 25.5 2-6-0 5 6

11. Tough as Camby 83-80-5 .509 27.5 - 8 4

12. DW for MVP 80-86-2 .482 32 - 3 9

13. No. 16's Sweethearts 69-96-3 .420 42.5 - 2 6

14. Brit's Bashers IV 61-103-4 .375 50 - 1 4

15. Donaghy's Best Bets 56-107-5 .348 54.5 - 15 18

16. CanadianMVP

Let's do this.
BeatDown checking in again. 2 runner up finishes in 3 years, time to break through.Got the invite :coffee:

I'm in.

And I apologize, but I'm not going to have time to do the JV one this year. One of the other owners is welcome to do it though.

Thanks for doing this, Pick. It's the last remaining thing that keeps me remotely interested in the Association.

Naismith Nightmares back for '09!

If you need an extra spot I'm always down.

Will definitely keep up more with the team, it was just hard since my main league moved to ESPN (which I recommend - free live scoring) .

Am I allowed back in?
You seem sincere. I'm willing to give you another shot. Just understand that owner activity is #1 and that is tested most at the end of the season when less than half the league is in the fight for the playoffs. So just stick it out is what I'm saying.Email sent.

Can anyone tell me which vets haven't checked in? I think it's only one or two.

Fatty, can you give me a list of JV owners you approve of adding?

Pick said:
Am I allowed back in?
You seem sincere. I'm willing to give you another shot. Just understand that owner activity is #1 and that is tested most at the end of the season when less than half the league is in the fight for the playoffs. So just stick it out is what I'm saying.Email sent.
Thanks.Joined. Just wondering if we can get a UTL spot in the active line-up to emulate a 6th man coming into the rotation. I would actually be down for up to 3 UTL (8 man rotation) but I can live with 1 UTL spot. I think adding a UTL spot would help mix things up a bit and add another element for strategy.

Am I allowed back in?
Thanks.Joined. Just wondering if we can get a UTL spot in the active line-up to emulate a 6th man coming into the rotation. I would actually be down for up to 3 UTL (8 man rotation) but I can live with 1 UTL spot. I think adding a UTL spot would help mix things up a bit and add another element for strategy.
DISAGREE. Love this format the way it is now more than any another. With the large number of teams in the league you are rewarded for your depth by being able to fill out a starting lineup every day.

Won JV league. That gets me a spot right? :headbang:
PM sent.Pick - I can vouch for proninja as a good owner as well. He finished third in the freshman league, but Brit finished second. Technically, since Brit is already in the Varsity league, that puts proninja in second place for call ups.I'll leave it up to you though. I'm not sure how many you want total.

Am I allowed back in?
DISAGREE. Love this format the way it is now more than any another. With the large number of teams in the league you are rewarded for your depth by being able to fill out a starting lineup every day.
I agree with Fro. You also have to think a little bit more with only five spots, and well-rounded players are a bit more valuable.

Am I allowed back in?
I agree with Fro. You also have to think a little bit more with only five spots, and well-rounded players are a bit more valuable.
I'm going to have to disagree (obviously). - I'm not asking for an increase in roster size but merely adding 1 UTL (i'm open up to 3) to the active roster. So there would be no changes to roster size compared to previous seasons. Instead of playing 5 every night we'd play 6 and have fewer bench players. AGAIN TOTAL TEAM ROSTER WILL NOT INCREASE.- The idea of depth that having only a 5 man starting lineup promotes is being able to have a decent back up for each position to take over off days for your main 5. When you add 1 UTL spot not only do you have to have numbers to back up position, but you actually have to UTILIZE the depth to win games (not just have the depth available). Under the current scheme it really only your best 5 players that impact the game on a given night, by adding 1 utility you have to account for your 6th spot to be better than your opponents. WHICH MEANS MORE DEPTH!- The added UTL spot in the active roster would only INCREASE strategy. As previously mentioned you have to have depth available AND be able to actually UTILIZE the depth. In a head 2 head league that means the UTL spot can be used as a stat specfic stat booster. Down in assists? Add a PG to the UTL. Down in boards? Add a big man? Down in both? Pick your poison. This is MORE strategy not less.- Also adding UTL would increase draft skill/team variety. As it is there is no benefit to drafting anything other then your starting line up in the first 5 rounds. With the UTL spot teams could decide to go 2 PGs with their 1st and 2nd rounders to lock up assists. They could draft two stud C, etc. Basically you have the opportunity to draft BPA instead of being forced to draft for need due to the starting line up constraints. That's my more elaborate reasons for adding 1 UTL to the active roster. It's up to Pick and I'll be fine with whatever he decides, but I think it adds more to the league.

Sorry for the delay in signing up. I was overseas for a couple of weeks. I'm back in for this year, and have signed up on the Yahoo site.

I'm going to have to disagree (obviously). - I'm not asking for an increase in roster size but merely adding 1 UTL (i'm open up to 3) to the active roster. So there would be no changes to roster size compared to previous seasons. Instead of playing 5 every night we'd play 6 and have fewer bench players. AGAIN TOTAL TEAM ROSTER WILL NOT INCREASE.- The idea of depth that having only a 5 man starting lineup promotes is being able to have a decent back up for each position to take over off days for your main 5. When you add 1 UTL spot not only do you have to have numbers to back up position, but you actually have to UTILIZE the depth to win games (not just have the depth available). Under the current scheme it really only your best 5 players that impact the game on a given night, by adding 1 utility you have to account for your 6th spot to be better than your opponents. WHICH MEANS MORE DEPTH!- The added UTL spot in the active roster would only INCREASE strategy. As previously mentioned you have to have depth available AND be able to actually UTILIZE the depth. In a head 2 head league that means the UTL spot can be used as a stat specfic stat booster. Down in assists? Add a PG to the UTL. Down in boards? Add a big man? Down in both? Pick your poison. This is MORE strategy not less.- Also adding UTL would increase draft skill/team variety. As it is there is no benefit to drafting anything other then your starting line up in the first 5 rounds. With the UTL spot teams could decide to go 2 PGs with their 1st and 2nd rounders to lock up assists. They could draft two stud C, etc. Basically you have the opportunity to draft BPA instead of being forced to draft for need due to the starting line up constraints. That's my more elaborate reasons for adding 1 UTL to the active roster. It's up to Pick and I'll be fine with whatever he decides, but I think it adds more to the league.
I have to disagree as well, but I will not go into defending my position unless forced as it could give away some of the stratagies I have used to have success in this league. But if pressed into action by Pick I will gladly put on the combat boots.

I have to disagree as well, but I will not go into defending my position unless forced as it could give away some of the stratagies I have used to have success in this league. But if pressed into action by Pick I will gladly put on the combat boots.
After this year, you'll be officially the second best FFA basketball leaguer. I know you're already hearing the footsteps of the freight train. Mark it down, chump.

Lemme see draft as many multiple position players as you can? Not that hard, IMO. That's what this starting line-up does. It makes the multiple position designation more valuable than it needs to be.

After this year, you'll be officially the second best FFA basketball leaguer. I know you're already hearing the footsteps of the freight train. Mark it down, chump.
Are we having beers soon?

17 in. I believe all of last years vets are back. And someone let Ripley in. But being as he won JV that is ok. Now that I don't have to wait on vets I will figure out who to let in those last 3 spots.

Discussions ongoing . . .

Pick said:
17 in. I believe all of last years vets are back. And someone let Ripley in. But being as he won JV that is ok. Now that I don't have to wait on vets I will figure out who to let in those last 3 spots.Discussions ongoing . . .
:confused:I should be next in line from the JV folk, but Ferris should just get a spot, because that's the way it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread