What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Fantasy League vs CBS Sports Commissioner (1 Viewer)

Poboy

Footballguy
MY concern about leaving MFL is no longer having use of Lineup Dominator to help me evaluate waivers. Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league.

Does CBS have any comparable feature (I know...NOT with the FBG ratings)?

Are there other ways to use the FBG ratings (other than manually) that I might not know about?

(BTW, I want to stick with MFL- other owners are pushing the CBS site. I want to know how hard a stand I need to take.)

TIA,

MY concern about leaving MFL is no longer having use of Lineup Dominator to help me evaluate waivers. Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league. Does CBS have any comparable feature (I know...NOT with the FBG ratings)?Are there other ways to use the FBG ratings (other than manually) that I might not know about?(BTW, I want to stick with MFL- other owners are pushing the CBS site. I want to know how hard a stand I need to take.)TIA,
CBS has the waiver specials that are pretty much run of the mill nowadays, but trust me, moving your league from MFL to CBS is a significant downgrade, is more expensive, and the support sucks. Sending them an email that does get answered is unacceptable. I just moved the only league I commish, over to MFL this past summer, and they were awesome at helping convert the scoring systemGood Luck though

domvin said:
MY concern about leaving MFL is no longer having use of Lineup Dominator to help me evaluate waivers. Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league. Does CBS have any comparable feature (I know...NOT with the FBG ratings)?Are there other ways to use the FBG ratings (other than manually) that I might not know about?(BTW, I want to stick with MFL- other owners are pushing the CBS site. I want to know how hard a stand I need to take.)TIA,
CBS has the waiver specials that are pretty much run of the mill nowadays, but trust me, moving your league from MFL to CBS is a significant downgrade, is more expensive, and the support sucks. Sending them an email that does get answered is unacceptable. I just moved the only league I commish, over to MFL this past summer, and they were awesome at helping convert the scoring systemGood Luck though
Thanks!I've been happy with MFL Ironic though that you should mention support. Last December I polled the league owners to see if they agreed that a notice of some kind (email, flag, whatever) warning you of your bye players in that bye week would be nice. That way you could be sure to consider that in your waivers. The owners agreed and I emailed MFL AFTER the season. No response. I waited a few months and tried again. Again, no response. Then I asked the league commissioner for help. He emailed them. No response. I followed up with him several weeks later and he said he'd try again. That's been six months and- NO RESPONSE.What I was asking was not THAT important. Had they just said "no" that would have been fine. That they didn't even bother to acknowledge bothers me a lot.So...Anyway...thanks again for the advice.

In my opinion MFL is far superior to anything else out there. I have used X-FL, MFL, fanball, ESPN, and CBS. CBS is about double the cost of MFL.

In my opinion MFL is far superior to anything else out there. I have used X-FL, MFL, fanball, ESPN, and CBS. CBS is about double the cost of MFL.
My league switched from CBS to MFL this past season. One of the main reasons was cost. I like the site, but the general consensus from the league is they prefer the look and feel of CBS. :lmao:Just an FYI for you.

No reply to a MFL support e-mail for months? I find that amazingly hard to understand. I have sent them multiple e-mails on several issues over the years and have always gotten a prompt and helpful response. I could not rate MFL any higher.

No reply to a MFL support e-mail for months? I find that amazingly hard to understand. I have sent them multiple e-mails on several issues over the years and have always gotten a prompt and helpful response. I could not rate MFL any higher.
I've chalked it up to, as underlined many times in this thread, the price. They're Wal-Mart. I get that now. Here's an idea. Would you mind asking them, in general, how they would feel about a "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings?Thanks to EVERYONE for their responses here. I cannot responsibly recommend to my league mates that we leave MFL.

I've almost played them all, and though cbs is more expensive, I do heavily prefer the look and feel of it. The game trackers are my favorite part along with the look of the live scoring.

I've chalked it up to, as underlined many times in this thread, the price. They're Wal-Mart. I get that now. Here's an idea. Would you mind asking them, in general, how they would feel about a "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings?Thanks to EVERYONE for their responses here. I cannot responsibly recommend to my league mates that we leave MFL.
Most politely and respectfully...You mean i have to manage my team and know when their byes are coming up? Really?Peace

I've chalked it up to, as underlined many times in this thread, the price. They're Wal-Mart. I get that now. Here's an idea. Would you mind asking them, in general, how they would feel about a "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings?

Thanks to EVERYONE for their responses here. I cannot responsibly recommend to my league mates that we leave MFL.
Most politely and respectfully...You mean i have to manage my team and know when their byes are coming up? Really?

Peace
How do you know what you know about your team?MFL puts the bye week # in a column with your roster. Is that too much, too? Should I have to run down my list of players and reference the NFL schedule? Where do you draw the line on the information that is EASY to get? (And, before you answer, bear in mind you are in a forum on Footballguys.com.)

All I'm asking is that MFL do something as simple as underline or red font players on bye this week to make them stand out a little. And, I'm asking that it be made league optional.

I played this game back when I had to run out and buy USA Today on Wednesday or Thursday and compute my own points manually.

Respectfully my ###.

Sandeman said:
Try RT Sports. I've used both for separate leagues for 8 years or so. RT vastly superior interface.
Anything comparable to the FBG Lineup Dominator? Thanks!

Use both CBS and MFL. CBS is a bit prettier, more useful out of the box, but there's a lot less you can do. If i was starting a new league I would do MFL. I have not migrated the one league from CBS to MFL because of inertia. WE know CBS, it does have a nice look and feel, and there's a desire not to screw anything up when we move

I've chalked it up to, as underlined many times in this thread, the price. They're Wal-Mart. I get that now. Here's an idea. Would you mind asking them, in general, how they would feel about a "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings?

Thanks to EVERYONE for their responses here. I cannot responsibly recommend to my league mates that we leave MFL.
Most politely and respectfully...You mean i have to manage my team and know when their byes are coming up? Really?

Peace
How do you know what you know about your team?MFL puts the bye week # in a column with your roster. Is that too much, too? Should I have to run down my list of players and reference the NFL schedule? Where do you draw the line on the information that is EASY to get? (And, before you answer, bear in mind you are in a forum on Footballguys.com.)

All I'm asking is that MFL do something as simple as underline or red font players on bye this week to make them stand out a little. And, I'm asking that it be made league optional.

I played this game back when I had to run out and buy USA Today on Wednesday or Thursday and compute my own points manually.

Respectfully my ###.
Have the league commish not allow players on bye and then you will not be able to click them when you submit your lineup. Pretty sure that is as simple as it gets

I took you up on it:Sent to MFL support 27 OCT 8:35pm
Hi, We have an owner who thinks that as automated as MFL is there must be an easy way to have an automatic "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings. Do ya'll have something like this currently, are working on it, or possibly thinking about it for the future? Thanks!
Received from MFL support 28 OCT 11:45am
Statcruncher:Definitely makes sense to me! Any ideas of exactly how/where this would work? The more details you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.Thanks,MFL Support
Pretty much the perfect customer support and fast response I have experienced over the past 6 years. I still cannot fathom MFL not responding to one of your e-mails, let alone multiple ones. Good luck with your other website.

I'm currently in leagues using CBS Sportsline, MFL, and Yahoo. MFL is by far the best. I prefer Yahoo for free as opposed to CBS, even if CBS was the same price as MFL.

As far as the look and feel of CBS being better than MFL, MFL is very customizable. I haven't done anything with it myself because I like the set-ups already, but I've looked over options here and there in the past.

Peace

Respectfully my ###.
Have the league commish not allow players on bye and then you will not be able to click them when you submit your lineup. Pretty sure that is as simple as it gets
Hi! Thanks for the input. The players are already locked out...or at least they are OBVIOUS. That's not the problem.The problem for several of us has been that we don't recognize the payers we WILL have on bye while we are doing our waivers. I might forget to look at the bye numbers, or I might see them and not realize THIS is week 8 and both my defenses are on bye. For several reasons, whatever they are, we've had owners (including but not limited to me) with "uh-oh" moments.

WHEN we go to submit our rosters, the players on bye are CLEAR! I'm looking for just a little reminder before I submit waivers.

Thanks!

Hi, We have an owner who thinks that as automated as MFL is there must be an easy way to have an automatic "bye week alert" enhancement to help owners be more aware of their bye week shortcomings. Do ya'll have something like this currently, are working on it, or possibly thinking about it for the future? Thanks!
Statcruncher:Definitely makes sense to me! Any ideas of exactly how/where this would work? The more details you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to help. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.Thanks,MFL Support
Pretty much the perfect customer support and fast response I have experienced over the past 6 years. I still cannot fathom MFL not responding to one of your e-mails, let alone multiple ones. Good luck with your other website.
Terrific! Thanks!I will follow up with them from here and keep you posted.Many, many thanks.

I use MFL, CBS, ESPN. Like CBS best, followed closely by MFL. ESPN is not nearly as good as the other two.
Been on most of them. It just may be the way MFL is setup for our league but it doesn't feel intuitive.It's not bad but it's a bit clunky to me

Hi! Thanks for the input. The players are already locked out...or at least they are OBVIOUS. That's not the problem.

The problem for several of us has been that we don't recognize the payers we WILL have on bye while we are doing our waivers. I might forget to look at the bye numbers, or I might see them and not realize THIS is week 8 and both my defenses are on bye. For several reasons, whatever they are, we've had owners (including but not limited to me) with "uh-oh" moments.

WHEN we go to submit our rosters, the players on bye are CLEAR! I'm looking for just a little reminder before I submit waivers.

Thanks!
Guess I don't get it. First thing I do every Tuesday morning is submit a lineup for the week. Right there on the lineup page are all my players on bye listed in big red letters BYE next to them. That right there tells me if I got a bye week problem. I can then submit my waivers accordingly. I really don't get what the issue is here, it all very obvious.However, what I can see as an enhancement to request would be a homepage module that would simply list out the logged on owner's bye week players. The commish can then put that module on the homepage and then everyone would be presented with their bye week players in the current week. Is that kinda what you're looking for? I can get behind that idea. In fact I'll submit it as a ticket right now. :)

As for your email to them, support for the last couple years with MFL is done via the ticket system. Submit a ticket (via your Help menu on your league page) and you'll get a response within 24 hours, usually much quicker then that. I don't even know if they take support via email anymore.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played in leagues on both MFL and CBS for several years.

Personally, I prefer CBS, not sure that I'd justify the 2X cost. I do admit that has taken me some time to get used to MFL, which I am now.

I like the consistency of the CBS format and it seems to take me less time to do something on CBS than a similar task on MFL. The CBS player pages are one stop shopping for everything relevant, not so much for MFL.

A nit of mine on MFL is that forces an owner to submit a new lineup every week and everytime a roster move is made during the week. In some leagues you find yourself with a team in which there clear seperation between starters and backups and if there are no byes/injuries last week's lineup = this week's lineup. No need to resubmit in CBS, whilst I neeed to go reinput my MFL lineups each week. Secondly, if I put if I have just 1 Kicker who is on a bye in CBS and put a WW claim in for a new kicker, such kicker is automatically set into my CBS starting lineup. Not the case in MFL in which I must subsequently go in and do the brainless move of activating such acuired kickers. Same for trades.

Hi! Thanks for the input. The players are already locked out...or at least they are OBVIOUS. That's not the problem.

The problem for several of us has been that we don't recognize the payers we WILL have on bye while we are doing our waivers. I might forget to look at the bye numbers, or I might see them and not realize THIS is week 8 and both my defenses are on bye. For several reasons, whatever they are, we've had owners (including but not limited to me) with "uh-oh" moments.

Thanks!
Guess I don't get it. First thing I do every Tuesday morning is submit a lineup for the week. Right there on the lineup page are all my players on bye listed in big red letters BYE next to them. That right there tells me if I got a bye week problem. I can then submit my waivers accordingly. I really don't get what the issue is here, it all very obvious.Right! That would work. I'm not in the habit of submitting my lineup early in the week, but I guess I could get into it.

However, what I can see as an enhancement to request would be a homepage module that would simply list out the logged on owner's bye week players. The commish can then put that module on the homepage and then everyone would be presented with their bye week players in the current week. Is that kinda what you're looking for? I can get behind that idea. In fact I'll submit it as a ticket right now. :confused:

As for your email to them, support for the last couple years with MFL is done via the ticket system. Submit a ticket (via your Help menu on your league page) and you'll get a response within 24 hours, usually much quicker then that. I don't even know if they take support via email anymore.

Good luck.
But, your "enhancement" is what I'm looking for...exactly. Thanks for submitting the ticket. I've already emailed them. I guess that could be where I am going wrong.THANK YOU!

A nit of mine on MFL is that forces an owner to submit a new lineup every week and everytime a roster move is made during the week. In some leagues you find yourself with a team in which there clear seperation between starters and backups and if there are no byes/injuries last week's lineup = this week's lineup. No need to resubmit in CBS, whilst I neeed to go reinput my MFL lineups each week. Secondly, if I put if I have just 1 Kicker who is on a bye in CBS and put a WW claim in for a new kicker, such kicker is automatically set into my CBS starting lineup. Not the case in MFL in which I must subsequently go in and do the brainless move of activating such acuired kickers. Same for trades.
Well, there is a setting in MFL to carry over last weeks starting roster at the beginning of the week, the commish just needs to turn it on. Thus every Tuesday morning you already have your lineup in which is the same as last weeks.Now this would include any players that are now on bye. About that and your situation about the new kicker automatically being starter. Well, MFL doesn't assume anything and perhaps actually makes people think for 2 seconds a week about their team. Imagine that! :football:Almost sounds like you want to do a "best ball" type league which you can do on MFL. Once you set it to that then teams don't need to submit lineups each week, the best scorers are started automatically for you each week. Basically sounds like what you want to do, not think about your team.

Thanks!
Guess I don't get it. First thing I do every Tuesday morning is submit a lineup for the week. Right there on the lineup page are all my players on bye listed in big red letters BYE next to them. That right there tells me if I got a bye week problem. I can then submit my waivers accordingly. I really don't get what the issue is here, it all very obvious.However, what I can see as an enhancement to request would be a homepage module that would simply list out the logged on owner's bye week players. The commish can then put that module on the homepage and then everyone would be presented with their bye week players in the current week. Is that kinda what you're looking for? I can get behind that idea. In fact I'll submit it as a ticket right now. :mellow:

Good luck.
No he's looking for the word BYE to be red.

Well, there is a setting in MFL to carry over last weeks starting roster at the beginning of the week, the commish just needs to turn it on. Thus every Tuesday morning you already have your lineup in which is the same as last weeks.Now this would include any players that are now on bye. About that and your situation about the new kicker automatically being starter. Well, MFL doesn't assume anything and perhaps actually makes people think for 2 seconds a week about their team. Imagine that! :)Almost sounds like you want to do a "best ball" type league which you can do on MFL. Once you set it to that then teams don't need to submit lineups each week, the best scorers are started automatically for you each week. Basically sounds like what you want to do, not think about your team.
That doesn't sound like what he's looking to do at all! It's just nice that CBS knows you wouldn't start your bye week kicker over the one you grabbed that is actually playing. It's a smart system. If MFL thinks people need to make a thought out decision between an active kicker and a bye week kicker, more power to them. Personally I'd be offended.

Between different leagues I use both sites. Overall prefer CBS, however it is more expensive and I am not sure is worth the additional costs. If you are in an auction league, an additional bonus of CBS is it is does have an auctioneer tool which easily makes the site worth the additional cost.

Well, there is a setting in MFL to carry over last weeks starting roster at the beginning of the week, the commish just needs to turn it on. Thus every Tuesday morning you already have your lineup in which is the same as last weeks.Now this would include any players that are now on bye. About that and your situation about the new kicker automatically being starter. Well, MFL doesn't assume anything and perhaps actually makes people think for 2 seconds a week about their team. Imagine that! :goodposting:Almost sounds like you want to do a "best ball" type league which you can do on MFL. Once you set it to that then teams don't need to submit lineups each week, the best scorers are started automatically for you each week. Basically sounds like what you want to do, not think about your team.
I realize everything is a setting that can be changed, etc. MFL's problem is that their "default settings" are not user friendly and the Commish in the 3 leagues that I play in MFL doesn't have that setting activated. While the 3 CBS leagues that I play are set that way out of the box.Thanks for the advise about "thinking". Is their an MFL setup that is linked wirelessly to my brain? I am not frequently glued to the computer Sunday mornings as I'm a JETS season ticket holder and have other things going on. I play in 6 leagues and I have outstanding trade offers out there I can't control as to when they might be accepted. In CBS if I trade someone out my starting lineup then the new player automatically fills into the starting slot. Not so in MFL, so I need to remember to revoke trades in MFL if I may not be around to adjust my lineup if they are accepted. Frankly, I find that to be a pain in the ###. Similarly if I've already spent an hour going through all of my lineups and WW inputs on Wed, I find it painful that I need to go into 1 of MFL leagues to activate Elam when the claim goes through 2 days later to replace the kicker that I dropped who was on a bye. Not very user friendly in either instance.

CBS is simply not worth the excessive price over MFL. The bells and whistles and pretty CBS sports front page does little for me as a commissioner. I need a site that I can mold to the league and a support option that is responsive. MFL simply blows CBS away in every truly important measure.

Forget CBS Sportsline. Forget MFL. I've used FanStar for over 10 years and it's the most customizable fantasy league manager that exists. You can use one of their many really cool fantasy football website template looks or add your own. Then you can modify font and background colors as well. Service is exceptional. Their Live Scoring page is really cool. I have looked at many of the others and none compare! Give FanStar a try next year and you will never change!

I play in both MFL and CBS.

I like CBS much better and I'm not concerned about the price. But, you'll have to try it and see which YOU like better. It's a personal preference.

I'm in a league on Fanball and one on CBS (this league moved here from Fanball last year). Personally, I think Fanball has the best look and layout. However, their product has nose-dived and absolutely stinks, so I am moving my league after this year.

Just a question, though. All of you who like CBS, the one thing that I really hate about it is the league message board. For the money they charge, couldn't they have a nicer board, organized by threads? I'm pretty sure every other commish site I have looked at does this. It sort of drives me crazy.

I've used both for years.

CBS has much better live scoring and much cleaner interface out of the box (and 90% of the commissioners who try to customize their MFL site just end up making it worse).

MFL is better at just about everything else.

Neither one will account for owners that don't know when their own players are on bye. Nor can I really comment on the "Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league" thing because I have no idea what you're talking about, but MFL and CBS are similar in the way the display available players so the difference in this regard is negligible.

CBS is simply not worth the excessive price over MFL. The bells and whistles and pretty CBS sports front page does little for me as a commissioner. I need a site that I can mold to the league and a support option that is responsive. MFL simply blows CBS away in every truly important measure.
I agree with this statement from a Commissioner's perspective. Anyway, my CBS league is staying put as far as I can tell because most of the owners have little desire to move away from something they are comfortable with and apparently don't think the cost is prohibitive. I do, but that's beside the point now.buckeye35 mentioned the crappy message board on CBS. I will totally agree with this statement also. It has got to be the absolute worst message board of any league hosting site out there. No edits permitted, no deletes of your own posts unless you are the commish, no way to group a set of posts together that deal with the same subject.....just a horrible message board. And before anyone asks, I have tried repeatedly to get CBS to improve this aspect of their site. I never, ever get a response and I am going through the right channels.

I prefer MFL over CBS for many reasons.

switched my 10 year dynasty league from CBS to MFL this past off season and could not be happier. I wish I would of moved it years ago

MFL is/has

cheaper

better support- it is not even comparable

definitely better for dynasty leagues

Peace

Respectfully my ###.
i am on my submit line up page on MFL right now. all of my players that are on a bye for the week are in red under weekly opp.

There's a lot of MFL fanboys out there, but the simple truth is that we're on MFL because it's the cheapest option that supports our scoring system. If cbs was the same price we would use it, but my main league that I've been running for nine years has a $30 entry fee, and paying $150+ or whatever it's up to now is not an option. I think that MFL's interface is very dated and clumsy. Yes, I know you can do all sorts of crazy customizing, but I'm not a web designer. The commissioner settings are confusing, I had to have customer support walk be through setting up our very basic waiver system. Personally, I think it could use a complete redesign to bring it out of the 90's

tomarken said:
Nor can I really comment on the "Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league" thing because I have no idea what you're talking about, but MFL and CBS are similar in the way the display available players so the difference in this regard is negligible.
It's the process of doing waivers. Let me use for example Ryan Fitzpatrick.On my MFL Homepage he doesn't bubble to the top of available QBs. MFL is only letting you know the top point-gettings free agents. Lineup Dominator provides a list of RATED free agents AND the option of looking at the list by category. If I need a QB this week and Fitzpatrick is available he will show up on the list.

I saw further down the thread that Statcruncher sent something to support and got a reply back from them already. I just wanted to echo his sentiment there. I've run anywhere from 2-5 leagues a year on MFL since 2004, as well as helping friends who commish multiple other leagues. I'd say a conservative estimate is that I've sent 3-4 support requests a year about a range of things... help with a new feature, feature requests, questions about capabilities I hadn't used that I was considering for a new league I was setting up, getting discounts from using their partner sites like FBG and fantasyauctioneer, and having them help with automated transfer of auction results from FA.I think the vast majority of my issues I got a live, non-canned response from them within hours, and normally it's been exactly what I needed. I'd be surprised if its ever taken longer than 12 hours to respond. From my long time experience with their support I agree with Statcruncher that it seems amazingly hard to understand how that would happen on multiple requests. I can't think of anyone I've done business with that I'd rate as being better at customer service than them, and it's a small group I'd put on par with them.

Peace

Respectfully my ###.
i am on my submit line up page on MFL right now. all of my players that are on a bye for the week are in red under weekly opp.
Yes. On submit lineup page. Agreed. BUT, not on the home page. Yes, there are a zillion other ways to get the info I want, but I am thinking it would be easy enough for the MFL to make it more obvious.

tomarken said:
Nor can I really comment on the "Without LD I have to make a list of players I want and then start going through them one-by-one to see who is available in my league" thing because I have no idea what you're talking about, but MFL and CBS are similar in the way the display available players so the difference in this regard is negligible.
It's the process of doing waivers. Let me use for example Ryan Fitzpatrick.

On my MFL Homepage he doesn't bubble to the top of available QBs. MFL is only letting you know the top point-gettings free agents.

Lineup Dominator provides a list of RATED free agents AND the option of looking at the list by category. If I need a QB this week and Fitzpatrick is available he will show up on the list.
Still not sure what you're talking about. I've never used lineup dominator, and I don't know if it interfaces with your MFL league or something. But the list of available free agents is displayed essentially the same way on MFL and CBS, both are very easy to use and allow you to filter by position, etc.
Yes. On submit lineup page. Agreed. BUT, not on the home page. Yes, there are a zillion other ways to get the info I want, but I am thinking it would be easy enough for the MFL to make it more obvious.
:wall: CBS doesn't display it on their homepage either. In fact, I've been playing fantasy football forever and I've never seen a site that will "warn" you that your players are on bye. There is a minimal amount of effort required here - if it's too much work to use one of the "zillion other ways to get the info" you want, maybe you need a new hobby.Anyway, if you really really insist on this, MFL allows for your commissioner to add it to your homepage any number of ways. That's the beauty of MFL - you can put whatever you want, anywhere you want it. CBS doesn't.

tomarken said:

On my MFL Homepage he doesn't bubble to the top of available QBs. MFL is only letting you know the top point-gettings free agents.

Lineup Dominator provides a list of RATED free agents AND the option of looking at the list by category. If I need a QB this week and Fitzpatrick is available he will show up on the list.
Still not sure what you're talking about. I've never used lineup dominator, and I don't know if it interfaces with your MFL league or something. But the list of available free agents is displayed essentially the same way on MFL and CBS, both are very easy to use and allow you to filter by position, etc.
:thumbdown: CBS doesn't display it on their homepage either. In fact, I've been playing fantasy football forever and I've never seen a site that will "warn" you that your players are on bye. There is a minimal amount of effort required here - if it's too much work to use one of the "zillion other ways to get the info" you want, maybe you need a new hobby.Anyway, if you really really insist on this, MFL allows for your commissioner to add it to your homepage any number of ways. That's the beauty of MFL - you can put whatever you want, anywhere you want it. CBS doesn't.
RE: Lineup Dominator: Yes, it interfaces with MFL. It gives me a rated list of my players AND a rated list of available free agents. From the thoughtful replies I have seen here, it is apparently unique. THAT was one thing I was trying to find out when I began this thread. If I will lose that, then I don't want to move to CBS or anywhere else.RE: Your rolled eyes. Are you a fifteen year old girl?

I've been playing this game since the days when I had to go get a copy of USA Today at the news stand and use the statistics published there to manually calculate fantasy points. You seem to have accepted every other improvement to the game since then so what makes the one I'm asking for so outrageous?

YOU could do the game without CBS.

YOU could do the game without the info you glean from footballguys.com.

YOU could do the game without without trolling these forums and rolling your eyes at what other people are discussing.

So, who made you the ultimate arbiter of what a fantasy player should/should not want from a fantasy host?

Go roll your eyes at your daddy...but don't be surprised if he takes your cell phone away for a week.

Thanks for your help. I was emailing. I will apologize right up front for not delving deeply enough into this to find out I should have sent a support ticket. That said, I have finally got around to trying to send a support ticket and for some reason I cannot. I get the message that says fill out the form below, but there is no form below. I use Firefox, but I tried it with IE8 too.Any ideas?Thanks again for the info.p.s. We're probably NOT going to another website...at least I hope we aren't. From what I have seen here there is no equal to the MFL/Footballguys.com Lineup Dominator interface.

RE: Lineup Dominator: Yes, it interfaces with MFL. It gives me a rated list of my players AND a rated list of available free agents. From the thoughtful replies I have seen here, it is apparently unique. THAT was one thing I was trying to find out when I began this thread. If I will lose that, then I don't want to move to CBS or anywhere else.RE: Your rolled eyes. Are you a fifteen year old girl? I've been playing this game since the days when I had to go get a copy of USA Today at the news stand and use the statistics published there to manually calculate fantasy points. You seem to have accepted every other improvement to the game since then so what makes the one I'm asking for so outrageous? YOU could do the game without CBS.YOU could do the game without the info you glean from footballguys.com. YOU could do the game without without trolling these forums and rolling your eyes at what other people are discussing.So, who made you the ultimate arbiter of what a fantasy player should/should not want from a fantasy host?Go roll your eyes at your daddy...but don't be surprised if he takes your cell phone away for a week.
:thumbup:I answered your question, guy. No website is going to "warn" you that your players are on bye. You could definitely customize MFL to do it if you wanted to expend the effort, but it doesn't sound like you do. Otherwise I think you're stuck using one of the other zillion ways to get the info.As for the rest of that brilliant reply, save it for someone who respects your opinion enough to be insulted.

:goodposting: CBS doesn't display it on their homepage either. In fact, I've been playing fantasy football forever and I've never seen a site that will "warn" you that your players are on bye. There is a minimal amount of effort required here - if it's too much work to use one of the "zillion other ways to get the info" you want, maybe you need a new hobby.Anyway, if you really really insist on this, MFL allows for your commissioner to add it to your homepage any number of ways. That's the beauty of MFL - you can put whatever you want, anywhere you want it. CBS doesn't.
He doesn't need the commish to put it on there for him. He can click on Customize Page up top right and put it in there himself if he wants.

RE: Lineup Dominator: Yes, it interfaces with MFL. It gives me a rated list of my players AND a rated list of available free agents. From the thoughtful replies I have seen here, it is apparently unique. THAT was one thing I was trying to find out when I began this thread. If I will lose that, then I don't want to move to CBS or anywhere else.RE: Your rolled eyes. Are you a fifteen year old girl? I've been playing this game since the days when I had to go get a copy of USA Today at the news stand and use the statistics published there to manually calculate fantasy points. You seem to have accepted every other improvement to the game since then so what makes the one I'm asking for so outrageous? YOU could do the game without CBS.YOU could do the game without the info you glean from footballguys.com. YOU could do the game without without trolling these forums and rolling your eyes at what other people are discussing.So, who made you the ultimate arbiter of what a fantasy player should/should not want from a fantasy host?Go roll your eyes at your daddy...but don't be surprised if he takes your cell phone away for a week.
:moneybag:I answered your question, guy. No website is going to "warn" you that your players are on bye. You could definitely customize MFL to do it if you wanted to expend the effort, but it doesn't sound like you do. Otherwise I think you're stuck using one of the other zillion ways to get the info.As for the rest of that brilliant reply, save it for someone who respects your opinion enough to be insulted.
You didn't answer my question. My question had to do with MFL and Lineup Dominator. In a side thread I commented that I had asked the MFL to add waiver warnings as an enhancement. I did not ask anyone if they thought my request was a good one or if they thought this hobby might be too taxing for me. All you did was satisfy your selfish urge to try to make yourself appear superior. You contributed nothing. Dumbells like you are a dime-a-dozen. Go find a dog to kick.

I have played and commished on every major site. RTSports is the best site IMO. Like all sites, you need to get used to what you were used to, but RT does everything well and is reasonably priced. They also make improvements all the time. Their draft is the best one on the market and they allow and keep track of all future draft picks and setup your draft the way you want it. They also handle trading of draft picks on the site as well. I would recommend RTSports over any other site. MFL is good, but it is more fluff and creating your own home page than what you needGood luck

Users who are viewing this thread