What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Founder of Family Research Council, caught vacationing (1 Viewer)

Never heard of him, but I guess if one is they all must be. :confused:
It doesn't concern you at all that a number of prominent leaders of the Christian right turn out to be secretly gay? (The Idaho senator, Ted Haggard, now this guy?) It doesn't cause you to question your own attitude regarding the morality of homosexuality? These people are laughing at you, and those like you who honestly believe that homosexuality is immoral. They use that belief to gain money from people like you, and gain support from people like you in order to increase their own power base. But behind the scenes they obviously don't really believe any of the stuff they preach. They're probably atheists.

It doesn't concern you at all that a number of prominent leaders of the Christian right turn out to be secretly gay? (The Idaho senator, Ted Haggard, now this guy?) It doesn't cause you to question your own attitude regarding the morality of homosexuality?
Yep, all four of them. I guess if I find four Muslims terrorists, they all are. Doesn't this cause you to question your own bigotry towards those who disagree with you?

It doesn't concern you at all that a number of prominent leaders of the Christian right turn out to be secretly gay? (The Idaho senator, Ted Haggard, now this guy?) It doesn't cause you to question your own attitude regarding the morality of homosexuality?
Yep, all four of them. I guess if I find four Muslims terrorists, they all are. Doesn't this cause you to question your own bigotry towards those who disagree with you?
Does disliking people who preach and spread bigotry make one a bigot?I don't think it does. I think it makes one not a bigot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't concern you at all that a number of prominent leaders of the Christian right turn out to be secretly gay? (The Idaho senator, Ted Haggard, now this guy?) It doesn't cause you to question your own attitude regarding the morality of homosexuality? These people are laughing at you, and those like you who honestly believe that homosexuality is immoral. They use that belief to gain money from people like you, and gain support from people like you in order to increase their own power base. But behind the scenes they obviously don't really believe any of the stuff they preach. They're probably atheists.
:lmao:

Oddly enough, I've done parodies of two of them. These guys provide good material.

Could be they stared into the abyss for too long, and it stared back at them.Can a cleptomaniac, who has no control over his stealing, still believe theft is wrong? Or does he laugh at those who believe it is?

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
Not at all, because I'm not bigoted in the way you describe. I believe that some social conservatives honestly and with firm conviction believe that homosexuality is immoral. All I'm suggesting is that in light of the number of hypocrites at the head of this movement, I'm surprised that some of you don't question your beliefs about this. I certainly would.

Monkey13 said:
jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
Does disliking people who preach and spread bigotry make one a bigot?I don't think it does. I think it makes one not a bigot.
Teaching a behavior is sinful does not mean you hate that person or is bigoted towards them. Judging a group of people based on the actions of a few I think does.

Not at all, because I'm not bigoted in the way you describe. I believe that some social conservatives honestly and with firm conviction believe that homosexuality is immoral. All I'm suggesting is that in light of the number of hypocrites at the head of this movement, I'm surprised that some of you don't question your beliefs about this. I certainly would.
There are hypocrites in all movements. The only solution would to believe in nothing.

There are hypocrites in all movements. The only solution would to believe in nothing.
:lmao:

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
Never heard of him, but I guess if one is they all must be. :lmao:
You don't think you can find leaders to question in any major, nationwide movement?jon_mx beat me to it.Timmy once again with the broad sweeping generalizations.

Teaching a behavior is sinful does not mean you hate that person or is bigoted towards them.
How about working systematically to make sure they are denied the same rights as the rest of us?That seems like a pretty decent litmus test for being a bigot, I'd think.Oh, and nice subject/verb agreement.

OR- to believe in a morality that says everyone is free to do what they wish, so long as they do not harm others. This is what I believe, and I don't need anyone to preach it to me.

You don't think you can find leaders to question in any major, nationwide movement?jon_mx beat me to it.Timmy once again with the broad sweeping generalizations.
You are quite correct. Which is why I don't belong to any major nationwide movement. But it's especially hypocritical with these folks because they not only attempt to preach how the rest of us should live our lives, they also are usual in favor of legislation that would force their POV upon the rest of us.

You are quite correct. Which is why I don't belong to any major nationwide movement. But it's especially hypocritical with these folks because they not only attempt to preach how the rest of us should live our lives, they also are usual in favor of legislation that would force their POV upon the rest of us.
The individuals leading the group may be hypocrites but that doesn't mean the beliefs the group stands for is hypocritical.I'm about as pro-gay as it gets but I'm not going to use this to mock those who oppose my beliefs. There are crazies everywhere. :kicksrock:

You don't think you can find leaders to question in any major, nationwide movement?

jon_mx beat me to it.

Timmy once again with the broad sweeping generalizations.
You are quite correct. Which is why I don't belong to any major nationwide movement.

But it's especially hypocritical with these folks because they not only attempt to preach how the rest of us should live our lives, they also are usual in favor of legislation that would force their POV upon the rest of us.
Hmmm... Where else could we apply this sort of thinking?

The individuals leading the group may be hypocrites but that doesn't mean the beliefs the group stands for is hypocritical.I'm about as pro-gay as it gets but I'm not going to use this to mock those who oppose my beliefs. There are crazies everywhere. :kicksrock:
I'm not mocking anyone. (Others are though, and doing a damn fine job of it- Bigbottom in particular.) And I agree with you that vast majority of people who believe that homosexuality is immoral are not at all hypocritical. But I think they should question their beliefs based on the actions of some of their leaders, that's all.

You don't think you can find leaders to question in any major, nationwide movement?

jon_mx beat me to it.

Timmy once again with the broad sweeping generalizations.
You are quite correct. Which is why I don't belong to any major nationwide movement.

But it's especially hypocritical with these folks because they not only attempt to preach how the rest of us should live our lives, they also are usual in favor of legislation that would force their POV upon the rest of us.
Hmmm... Where else could we apply this sort of thinking?
Wherever we can, we should.

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
Never heard of him, but I guess if one is they all must be. :blackdot:
I would argue that most poeple who are in politics aren't actually leaders of the movements they are politically represent...now if Billy Graham and James Dobson come out as gay, than you might have an argument... But that isn't going to happen...

The individuals leading the group may be hypocrites but that doesn't mean the beliefs the group stands for is hypocritical.I'm about as pro-gay as it gets but I'm not going to use this to mock those who oppose my beliefs. There are crazies everywhere. :lmao:
I'm not mocking anyone. (Others are though, and doing a damn fine job of it- Bigbottom in particular.) And I agree with you that vast majority of people who believe that homosexuality is immoral are not at all hypocritical. But I think they should question their beliefs based on the actions of some of their leaders, that's all.
I don't understand why they should question their beliefs. I agree they should question the leaders that are discovered to be hypocrites. But I don't know how or why that should cause them to question their entire belief.Should the Catholics question their belief in Jesus because The Pope might've been a Nazi youth leader and has helped cover up child molestations?

I, uh, went ahead and headed over to rentboy.com.

I think I'm scarred for life.

But to have a Christian dude wailing against gays go to this site and hook up with a young lad is :rant:

"I had surgery and I can't lift luggage. That's why I hired him."Seems reasonable.
Yeah, but too bad for him ...he's got a LOT of baggage now.And does rentboy.com have a layaway plan, just in case we have an unusually cold winter or something?

The individuals leading the group may be hypocrites but that doesn't mean the beliefs the group stands for is hypocritical.I'm about as pro-gay as it gets but I'm not going to use this to mock those who oppose my beliefs. There are crazies everywhere. :lmao:
I don't understand why they should question their beliefs. I agree they should question the leaders that are discovered to be hypocrites. But I don't know how or why that should cause them to question their entire belief.
This. Timmy has the bait out.

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:
Never heard of him, but I guess if one is they all must be. :lmao:
I don't understand this logic. My beliefs are based on the teachings in the Bible, not on anything these folks have said or done. I am not familiar with this man, but if there is any truth to the allegations, then I am disappointed in his witness as a believer. Disappointed, but not surprised. The enemy is always at work and no doubt sets up these types of failures to gain the greatest possible impact on nonbelievers. But for the life if me I cannot fathom how another man's failings would impact my personal belief in God.

Users who are viewing this thread