What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Good Wife (1 Viewer)

Native

Footballguy
Very, very good law drama in the mold of "The Practice". Watched three episodes thus far and its rock solid. The Directors have tremendous pedigrees- Tony Scott (True Romance, Crimson Tide, Spy Game) and Ridley Scott. Excellent cast and strong plot - show has some great potential.

Anyone been watching?

Native said:
Very, very good law drama in the mold of "The Practice". Watched three episodes thus far and its rock solid. The Directors have tremendous pedigrees- Tony Scott (True Romance, Crimson Tide, Spy Game) and Ridley Scott. Excellent cast and strong plot - show has some great potential. Anyone been watching?
I watched a few episodes with some friends that like the show. It is good. I don't watch it on my own, it's not a genre I like. I look for comedies mostly, but from what I saw of it, yeah, all the things you say are true.Plus she drives a Buick. I love Buicks.

I've been watching, along with the wife. It's good TV....really strong cast. It's not my favorite show, but it's good enough that I don't have any piled up on my DVR.

I like the show a lot.Really good acting all around.

Native said:
Julianna Margulies looks great in this show.
She's stunningly beautiful. (Only detriment is that is she an obvious smoker--the scratchy voice and the lines around her mouth give it away).Like Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Margulies is much more attractive in her 40's than she was in her 20's.

yes, i watch it and like it. too bad its on at 10 p.m. on tuesday ... its the no. 3 show at that point now.

Just finished season one of this show. Simply tremendous. The show will be nominated for best Drama at the Emmy's, and Julianna Margulies will be nominated for Best Actress. Highly recommended.

Native said:
Just finished season one of this show. Simply tremendous. The show will be nominated for best Drama at the Emmy's, and Julianna Margulies will be nominated for Best Actress. Highly recommended.
Is she ever happy? In ER, Nurse Hathaway was never happy and every promo of Good Wife I've seen, shows Juliana being sad. Even Raj said that on BBT last week as he watched it through a telescope from the roof of the building, "Oh, the Good Wife is sad again".

I didn't pick up on the show until the end of October so with the reruns this summer I've caught the half dozen episodes I missed.

The show started out strong and just kept accelerating.

Last night was the season finale. The last scene set up one the most dramatic cliffhangers I've seen in a long while. Now having seen every episode from the beginning, and getting the entire backstory of Alicia and Will, the finale resonated more yesterday than it did at the end of May.

Season premiere is September 28th.

I didn't pick up on the show until the end of October so with the reruns this summer I've caught the half dozen episodes I missed.The show started out strong and just kept accelerating. Last night was the season finale. The last scene set up one the most dramatic cliffhangers I've seen in a long while. Now having seen every episode from the beginning, and getting the entire backstory of Alicia and Will, the finale resonated more yesterday than it did at the end of May.Season premiere is September 28th.
If I'm not mistaken, the story is loosely based on the career of John Edwards, no?

Season premier tonight. :jawdrop:
Very disappointing resolution to last season's cliff-hanger.The show was so well written, well put together, that to use a plot device from "All My Children" or "Melrose Place" was really a poor decision by the show creators.I hope they do not drag this voice-mail deletion story all through the season.

One of the funniest scenes on an episode of Big Bang last season was Raj watching "The Good Wife" on a telescope from a rooftop when the boys were supposed to be looking at the moon. "Oh, the Good Wife is sad...Why is she always sad?"

RedmondLonghorn said:
urbanhack said:
people (men) are actually excited about watching this show?
What's not to get? Is Juliana not ethnic enough for you?
Maybe I've become too jaded. I just don't find any shows or series on network television that compelling.

best drama on broadcast - i filed away the Kings (Bob & Michelle, series creators) after a beautiful show they did on ABC, "In Justice" (very short Fri nite run), and they fulfilled that promise in spades with a show that knows how to arc without losing the ol' peeps (make sure to have a payoff every 3-4 eps is how). could have done without the investigator who affairs with Noth, but almost all the other threads in the weave have worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Season finale tonight.
Really good tense scene between Noth and Charles. At first, I was annoyed that Eli Gold's duplicity with the voice-mail from last season's finale was not discovered, but then I realized that there would not have been a plausible reason to keep his character so involved. It's obvious that he will remain a big part of the show.I think the season premiere of Season Three has Alicia having second thoughts and the storyline will drag on.

Anyone else still watching this? Easily one of the best shows on TV. Also with the added dimension of Michael J Fox, I can only see it getting better.

Yes, my wife dragged me into this in S1. Except for Julianna Margulies,who I do not consider a particularly talented actress, it's a great show. Solid acting and standout writing imo.

This show sucks. I'm sorry, but it does. My wife likes it, so I usually fart around on the internet or read while she is watching it, so I only passively watch, but it's enough to know that I don't like it. Here's an example of why I don't like it. The lead actress is in some sort of cabin in the woods where she is in some sort of deposition. There is a court reporter there to record the action. At one point, the lead actress says "Miss so and so, will you leave the room"? And the court reporter says "It's Minka" before exiting. What was the point of that? Irritating.

This show sucks. I'm sorry, but it does. My wife likes it, so I usually fart around on the internet or read while she is watching it, so I only passively watch, but it's enough to know that I don't like it. Here's an example of why I don't like it. The lead actress is in some sort of cabin in the woods where she is in some sort of deposition. There is a court reporter there to record the action. At one point, the lead actress says "Miss so and so, will you leave the room"? And the court reporter says "It's Minka" before exiting. What was the point of that? Irritating.
Because they had been there together all week long, had gotten together countless times over that period, and she still don't care to know her name. That was the point of it.

Because they had been there together all week long, had gotten together countless times over that period, and she still don't care to know her name. That was the point of it.
She did know her name. She said "Miss so and so"....why did she need to be corrected? It was needless.

My wife loves this show. I like it ok but wouldn't watch it if my wife didn't. I usually work on some painting or something while it's on...One day the actor who plays Eli Gould was on "The Electric Company" demonstrating acting... :)

I go back and forth on liking it, but did like last night's episode, which was a little quirkier than usual. I love the Calinda character.

She did know her name. She said "Miss so and so"....why did she need to be corrected? It was needless.
she called her miss court reporter. she did not know her name.

I don't think that's what she said, but I'm wrong a lot. :bag:There's just too much going on for me. I can't follow it very well.

Last season the show kind of wrote itself into a corner with the Alicia/Will relationship angle, as well as Peter's election. They nhad built up so much tension for these storylines that once they occurred, the show lost momentum.Michael J. Fox has been awesome. Love how devious but charming his character is. Him and Marguiles have really good chemistry. The red-haired actress who has guest-starred a few times is also very good. Loopy and brilliant.

I go back and forth on liking it, but did like last night's episode, which was a little quirkier than usual. I love the Calinda character.
My wife got me into the show and I enjoy it for the most part. I actually didn't like how Kalinda became some kind of superhero, though. I was glad to see them end the story line with her hubby, since I found that all to be pretty stupid.

I don't think that's what she said, but I'm wrong a lot. :bag:There's just too much going on for me. I can't follow it very well.
This is one of those times--she called her "Miss Court Reporter".

She said Miss Court ReporterETA: Sorry, I see this was pointed out already.

Last edited by a moderator:
She said Miss Court ReporterETA: Sorry, I see this was pointed out already.
Still pretty stupid scene. Whole show is stupid. I can't follow it. Wife loves it though. I'm pretty sure I'm the stupid one, though.

Just started watching it the past two weeks with the wife. She lost steam after episode 10 or 11. I enjoy it but don't particularly thinks its all that as some feel. It seems to follow the same storyline episode to episode.

Sinn Fein said:
Anyone still watching this?

Is there any chance Peter Florrick didn't bang the ethics chic and get her pregnant?
My wife and I have watched from the beginning - solid show with very good acting.

As far as the ethics chick, I said the exact same thing to my wife. I think it's Peter's.

Sinn Fein said:

Is there any chance Peter Florrick didn't bang the ethics chic and get her pregnant?
Still watching. It's a very entertaining show.

The whole webcam thing this past episode was weird, though. Seems like that should have been a way bigger deal than how they ended up treating it. He punches a guy and that's it? The vids are still out there though, right? I would think the parents would have gotten involved big time.

Sinn Fein said:

The whole webcam thing this past episode was weird, though. Seems like that should have been a way bigger deal than how they ended up treating it. He punches a guy and that's it? The vids are still out there though, right? I would think the parents would have gotten involved big time.
well, the camera came on even after the punch - so I assume there is more to the story than just peeping tom pervs - not sure if it traces back to Lockhart Gardner or someone else.

Sinn Fein said:

well, the camera came on even after the punch - so I assume there is more to the story than just peeping tom pervs - not sure if it traces back to Lockhart Gardner or someone else.
My wife and I watch. We actually never thought we'd watch from the promos but always watched The Amazing Race. One week we just left the tv on after it and stumbled into watching this. Not sure on the cameras, I was thinking it might be the lawyer that defected back to L/G last week.

Users who are viewing this thread