What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opie and Anthony (1 Viewer)

Tat

Has-been punter
Looks like O&A will be on satellite radio for another two years.

Basically demanding a larger studio and getting about the same pay as they've been used to.

The two year deal was finalized this morning.

Anyone try using them on Audible.com? I'm giving it a try only a day behind they post the audio.

Opie and Jim Norton are having it out right now on the air. I guess Opie feels like he never trusted Jim Norton since he still does shows with Anthony.

Is Opie on meds or something and he forget to take them today??

guy seems to piss on his gravy train publicly and in the end he's toast if Opie and jimmy break up. No reason to listen to opie by himself.

guy sounds like my mother in law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't listened since I canceled my staellite radio. What was the jist?
Slow burn of passive aggressive boil erupted today...mainly opie can't trust jimmy because he's close with anthony still... opie sounding borderline mentally ill with his points...

All brought on, I think, by their old producer Danny going on their subreddit and dishing some show dirt, most notably, that Anthony was behind the Bizzaro Opie twitter account.

Bottom line, Opie is a no talent.

I used to love them on AAF. They would always burn BCN and they had some funny skits. I always loved the little rascal ones as my job made me hate old people back then. Good times.

Loved these guys around 2000-02. Haven't listened since sex for Sam.
That's the last time I heard them too. Loved them back then. If anyone finds a link to today's show, please post it.

I never cared much for Opie but he was a good straight man for Anthony.

Greatest Ron and Fez episode ever today. Holy ####.
Hard to believe they are still on.

I remember these guys from the 95ynf days back in the 80's

Good Times.
Ron is still sharp/quick/funny as hell. His show now is simply called "Bennington" now - let's be honest, it's been all him the last few years anyway.
I love the show now.
Have not listened recently...honestly, I count stand him when he was with Fez. I couldn't take all the princess whining Fez brought. If I wanted to listen to that, I'd go sit in my mother-in-law's kitchen for an hour.

IMO...that was Opie today.

Good Times.
Ron is still sharp/quick/funny as hell. His show now is simply called "Bennington" now - let's be honest, it's been all him the last few years anyway.
I love the show now.
Have not listened recently...honestly, I count stand him when he was with Fez. I couldn't take all the princess whining Fez brought. If I wanted to listen to that, I'd go sit in my mother-in-law's kitchen for an hour.

Yeah the show doesn't bog down into anyone's personal quagmire anymore. And you'd think that a guy having a show with his own daughter would be weird, but she really is strong, as is Chris.

Good Times.
I love the show now.

Yes but Norton is a good dude, glad they aired it out. Side note, The Bennington show is awesome now without Fez. The last year of Fez was like listening to Ron slowly putting his dog down - I'm glad it's over - way more energy on the show now.

Cumia is already talking about saying his side on Twitter today but I'm not a subscriber to his site and don't plan to be for the one show of his I would actually like to hear. I was never a fan of the old Opie and Anthony show; it was too hack shock jocky for me and I could never tell if Anthony is really racist or he was doing for shock value.

I think the Opie and Norton show works better, actually didn't start listening until Anthony was gone. Opie was dumb today even suggesting that Norton shouldn't do the show anymore, Opie can't do a show without someone else even when Norton on a schedule leave - he has to bring Sharrad, Vick Henley or Rich Vos in (which Vos does horrible radio btw; I use to be a fan but I can't understand him anymore - it's like his teeth fell out or something).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Jim and Anthony get together if Opie blows it.
:goodposting:

Those two drive the bus, with Opie just along for the ride IMO. I stopped listening/subscribing to XM after Anthony got canned. Not directly because of it, but because the show definitely lacked following his departure. Basically the Jim Norton show with a sprinkle of Opie. Enticed me to explore/discover podcasts for non-music and Spotify for music, which costs less than an XM sub for all of that. Never looked back, post-merger SXM seemed to quickly become a paid-for terrestrial radio model with some commercial free music channels dominated by DJ's who I couldn't wait for to shut up. Basically like AOL or the newspaper for the older generation who won't switch to the smartphone delivered content model. Honestly haven't gotten around to TACS podcast, but would definitely sub to give it a spin or at least try it out if Norton ever joined him, they are hysterical together.

I don't get to hear it live, so I have to catch the replay in the afternoon and I flipped it on during my drive to work, apparently after much of the fireworks happened. But it still sounded very uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread