What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Share your great housekeeping tips here (1 Viewer)

Rohn Jambo

Footballguy
After losing socks to the washing machine monster for years, I had an epiphany today.

PUT YOUR SOCKS IN A MESH LAUNDRY BAG!!!

I just have to share this wonderful idea with other FBGs who are a little housework challenged like me. This is the best idea I had since switching to all black and white socks.

Please share other tips here. They will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only housekeeping chore is taking out the garbage and recycling. Can't think of any helpful tips.

I like to walk around with a backpack/gym bag before I go to bed and pick up stuff that's just laying around. When I either have time or the bag gets full I put it all away. Makes a big difference for me. It keeps things from pilling up and reaching the point where cleaning feels overwhelming.

I like to walk around with a backpack/gym bag before I go to bed and pick up stuff that's just laying around. When I either have time or the bag gets full I put it all away. Makes a big difference for me. It keeps things from pilling up and reaching the point where cleaning feels overwhelming.
This is definitely one of my problem areas and I welcome all pointers. Just wondering... How many backpacks do you have?

This is definitely one of my problem areas and I welcome all pointers. Just wondering... How many backpacks do you have?
For this? Just one.

Separating 2 ply toilet paper helps save on money.

Re-using the cardboard round discs that take-out pizza is put on top of as a serving platter for holiday parties also cuts down on spending and is eco-friendly. :shrug:

Separating 2 ply toilet paper helps save on money.Re-using the cardboard round discs that take-out pizza is put on top of as a serving platter for holiday parties also cuts down on spending and is eco-friendly. :bye:
I'm one of those people who use a lot of toilet paper. Splitting may save me mucho dinero. :thumbup:

while I'm here, I want to mention another life changing discovery I found by accident earlier this year...

If you do not want your spaghetti to stick together,

PUT SALT IN THE HOT WATER BEFORE YOU ADD THE PASTA!!!

desert rose said:
Take that backpack with you when you visit a public toilet. Use the stall to do your business, and insert a small cabinet key in the top of the toilet paper dispensor for some free toilet paper. Slip it in your bag. Repeat the process with the paper towels when you go to wash up.
Imagine how many kids will have books to read if you weren't stealing paper supplies from the school bathroom. :excited:I actually have a good idea how you can decorate your high wall but you can forget about it now.

while I'm here, I want to mention another life changing discovery I found by accident earlier this year...

Salt doesn't prevent the pasta from sticking together, it just makes the water boil hotter. Adding oil, on the other hand, will prevent sticking.

Salt doesn't prevent the pasta from sticking together, it just makes the water boil hotter. Adding oil, on the other hand, will prevent sticking.
Don't knock it till you try it. I have tried the oil method but now I only add some salt and no oil at all. It works for me every time.

Don't knock it till you try it. I have tried the oil method but now I only add some salt and no oil at all. It works for me every time.
I always add salt to the water. It doesn't prevent it from sticking, but it does give it flavor.

I always add salt to the water. It doesn't prevent it from sticking, but it does give it flavor.
See? It is the salt, not the oil, that separates the pasta.

A quick hit of some warm water while in the strainer is best to keep pasta from sticking together, IMO.

Putting oil in the pot to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together is hogwash

The oil just sits on top

Surface cleaning products (Simple Green, Windex, Fantastic etc) are a scam and who knows what goes into the manufacturing of those products?

Use either a 10% bleach solution or a 70% ethanol (or isopropyl alcohol) solution for cleaning all surfaces. You'll save a ton on cleaning products and do a more effective job.

My brother comes over on Sundays to watch the Vikes, cuz I have a 65 inch tv and my 16yo makes an awesome breakfast. Before he leaves, I gather up all the trash and ask him to take it to the dump. He does it every time. :X

He said the Vikes stink worse than my trash today.. :cry:

Empty out your water heater annually. Scale builds up over time and reduces the tank capacity resulting in less hot water available and corrodes the tank even more.

Run the hot water before starting your dishwasher. Also, use less detergent in your dishwasher. 1/3-1/2 is plenty.

I use a big laundry basket; the plastic kind that you use to carry your clean clothes from the dryer. I bought like 4 of these. When one fills up, i just chuck it in the corner and start filling the next one. Eventually, I get the energy to put everything away.

The wussification of the FFA continues.

It's beginning to look like Homes and Gardens, or Cosmopolitan (without the cleavage).

Putting oil in the pot to prevent the spaghetti from sticking together is hogwashThe oil just sits on top
False
If the oil does mix with the pasta (which I am not convinced that it does for the reason wilked pointed out), that's not a good thing. That means your pasta will be oily and sauce will not adhere to it as well. You should salt the water (not the pasta afterwards) and don't ever rinse the pasta. You want it starchy for maximum sauce adhesion.If you want to keep your pasta from sticking, just stir it ocassionally.

How To Clean Your Toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the toilet and the cat will be sparkling clean.

If the oil does mix with the pasta (which I am not convinced that it does for the reason wilked pointed out), that's not a good thing. That means your pasta will be oily and sauce will not adhere to it as well. You should salt the water (not the pasta afterwards) and don't ever rinse the pasta. You want it starchy for maximum sauce adhesion.If you want to keep your pasta from sticking, just stir it ocassionally.
:confused: If the oil doesn't mix with the pasta, how is it that the pasta is too oily for sauce to stick to it?

Users who are viewing this thread