What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football Manager (1 Viewer)

Last played 2 years ago, so I have to find all new wonderkids and super signings. List those that you find here.

SmoovySmoov said:
Last played 2 years ago, so I have to find all new wonderkids and super signings. List those that you find here.
OK, so the ones I know about:Neymar - BrazilEden Hazard - BelgiumYaya Sanogo - FranceDudu - BrazilDennis Appiah - FranceKhouma Babacar - SenegalJonjo Shelvey - EnglandZezinho - BrazilSergio Canales - SpainSuso - SpainFrancisco Alcacer - SpainSimone Verdi - ItalyMario Balotelli - Italy

SmoovySmoov said:
OK, so the ones I know about:Neymar - BrazilEden Hazard - BelgiumYaya Sanogo - FranceDudu - BrazilDennis Appiah - FranceKhouma Babacar - SenegalJonjo Shelvey - EnglandZezinho - BrazilSergio Canales - SpainSuso - SpainFrancisco Alcacer - SpainSimone Verdi - ItalyMario Balotelli - Italy
Romelu Lukaku-Belgium-he's an absolute monster.And this game is awesome.

SmoovySmoov said:
Romelu Lukaku-Belgium-he's an absolute monster.And this game is awesome.
will look for him right away (playing right now)...

Without knowing your finances it's tough to say something concrete, but he's almost definitely worth it.

Without knowing your finances it's tough to say something concrete, but he's almost definitely worth it.
understood... It might work for one of my Championship clubs... didn't work so well for my Dag & Red team. I have 58k in transfer funds available :P

SmoovySmoov said:
Those aren't football players. :mellow:

I'm an addict. See my posts in the Official Soccer Thread.

Right now I'm trying to take Cockfosters from the 9th level all the way to the Premiership. I got promoted my first two seasons and am in 1st place now. I also made it to the FA Cup twice and actually beat Charlton in the 1st Rd. this year.

I'm an addict. See my posts in the Official Soccer Thread.Right now I'm trying to take Cockfosters from the 9th level all the way to the Premiership. I got promoted my first two seasons and am in 1st place now. I also made it to the FA Cup twice and actually beat Charlton in the 1st Rd. this year.
Eventually I will play it from the low level side angle. Right now, I'm just enjoying trying to get Liverpool some hardware.

How do the games get played? I know its not a full on experience like fifa, but I assume its gonna be something more than a simple text sim, right?

I tried some baseball sims (out of the park) a few years ago but couldn't get into it

How do the games get played? I know its not a full on experience like fifa, but I assume its gonna be something more than a simple text sim, right?I tried some baseball sims (out of the park) a few years ago but couldn't get into it
The games are simmed live on a 3D pitch. You can control subs and strategy.So no, it's not a simple text sim. Far from it.

How do the games get played? I know its not a full on experience like fifa, but I assume its gonna be something more than a simple text sim, right?I tried some baseball sims (out of the park) a few years ago but couldn't get into it
The games are simmed live on a 3D pitch. You can control subs and strategy.So no, it's not a simple text sim. Far from it.
It's very addicting.

Is there one of these for American Football?
no, at least not from SI, but they do have a now defunct NHL version, East Side Hockey Manager 2007. It's still being sold and updated by "people on the internet". It's not nearly as good as FM though.

I posted this in one of the video game threads...does anyone know how this works for Mac? I've been terribly underwhelmed with FIFA's manager mode in these last few seasons, and would love to move into this.

I posted this in one of the video game threads...does anyone know how this works for Mac? I've been terribly underwhelmed with FIFA's manager mode in these last few seasons, and would love to move into this.
looking at their page now... looks like 2011 doesn't have a mac-clone, but 2010 does... not sure if they are just delayed with 2011...

+1. Love FM, would be even more thrilled with an American Football version.
American football is bound to be far more limited though.The reason why FM works so well is the entire global nature of soccer (and the idea that there are always different levels and rewards to strive for).Soccer's transfer market is just so much more dynamic than football's draft/free agency and the top level tactical changes are more satisfying because they give you that "medium" level of game day control which is more than just watching but less than having to call every play.

American football is bound to be far more limited though.The reason why FM works so well is the entire global nature of soccer (and the idea that there are always different levels and rewards to strive for).Soccer's transfer market is just so much more dynamic than football's draft/free agency and the top level tactical changes are more satisfying because they give you that "medium" level of game day control which is more than just watching but less than having to call every play.
agree with the above, and also, the market for an American Football game would be way too small (I would imagine)

no, at least not from SI, but they do have a now defunct NHL version, East Side Hockey Manager 2007. It's still being sold and updated by "people on the internet". It's not nearly as good as FM though.
EA Sports did a game called NFL Head Coach which was nowhere near as good or addicting as FM. Just picked up FM2011 a few months ago. First got into soccer sims with the Total Club Manager series which I enjoyed. Then I got World Soccer Manager 2009 and it was like going from crack to heroin. Pretty sure if the wife divorces me it will be due to this game.

Love this game. I've lost ridiculous amounts of sleep playing it.

But I've won two FA Cups and the Champions League with Southampton. That's worth ... something. Right? :unsure:

Yeah, I'd like this a lot. Throw in the CFL, UFL and the various arena leagues to give it a little flavor.
In order to get the depth of the gameplay for American football, they'd have to incorporate HS and College ball as well. The bad part is that you can't transfer players the same way in American football, and the buying/selling/loaning of players is probably 50% of the appeal of FM.It's really a great game, and it gives some good insight into how professional football works.

Yeah, I'd like this a lot. Throw in the CFL, UFL and the various arena leagues to give it a little flavor.
In order to get the depth of the gameplay for American football, they'd have to incorporate HS and College ball as well. The bad part is that you can't transfer players the same way in American football, and the buying/selling/loaning of players is probably 50% of the appeal of FM.
Yeah, it wouldn't be as good. But man, anything besides Madden, please.

EA Sports did a game called NFL Head Coach which was nowhere near as good or addicting as FM. Just picked up FM2011 a few months ago. First got into soccer sims with the Total Club Manager series which I enjoyed. Then I got World Soccer Manager 2009 and it was like going from crack to heroin. Pretty sure if the wife divorces me it will be due to this game.
The old "I'm just going to play for a second to see if I can get this deal to go through" turns into "four hours later" syndrome. I have that as well.

Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 was so good. I think I wasted a good calender month of my life when you add together all the time I played that game.

I like the game, but I don't have the patience to play it the right way.

I generally choose a big team and make the transfers I want (but no matter how big a budget I get, I get taken in the transfer market).

I've never internalized the specialized training routines that are supposed to make your youth players blossom. And sometimes, I feel like my tactics don't have any effect.

It's still addictive, I just wish I wasn't so ADD so that I could get more out of it.

looking at their page now... looks like 2011 doesn't have a mac-clone, but 2010 does... not sure if they are just delayed with 2011...
I spoke too soon...http://community.sigames.com/showthread.ph...n-NOW-AVAILABLE!
The only way to get the mac clone is through torrents? Nothing ***OFFICIAL*** on the FM site?

Not sure what you guys are talking about with no Mac version. The Mac and Windows versions are on the same disc, and Steam has a Mac download option too. Been playing it on my Macbook since release day.

Alright, I know this will sound like sacrilege for a video game nerd like myself, but I've always been a console gamer and have played essentially no PC games ever. How does Steam work?

Users who are viewing this thread