What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Animal Crackers (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
I caught some special on some remote cable channel the other night and was watching some special about Shirley Temple, and her biggest hit was that Good Ship Lollipop song, but the most interesting/controversial is another -- Animal Crackers.

Apparently there is a scene from the movie this song is in, where she's singing the song in a big dining hall with a few dozen other kids. There's this big choreographed hubbub and all the kids bang their glasses along with Shirley and whatnot. And when you first watch the clip, everything looks pretty normal. Just some child star doing a music act. But the plot thickens...

Apparently there is a big "hidden" conspiracy about this scene that was covered up for many years, and recently came out in the notes of the director who was dealing with all the child actors in the scene. They film the scene and then go back to watch it, and there's a kid on film who was NOT there at filming. They knew these kids well -- had been working with them for days, replacing some kids with others, getting the scene together just right, and so the crew and director became really familiar with all of the kids. Lo and behold, they watch the tape, and there is a kid there who nobody had ever seen before, and she looks almost slightly opaque in the film. This corresponds with weird goings-on that had been reported several times on set -- lights inexplicably going on and off, items disappearing and turning up in completely different places days later, and the janitorial crew at the studio hearing and seeing strange things after hours (to the point that one of them quit -- and this is in the 1930's mind you, right smack in the middle of the great depression, so you know that it must have been really disturbing). They also go back and poll the kids who had been sitting near the "ghost kid" during shooting, and they all confirm there was nobody sitting there.

Sort of creepy/cool. See if you can figure out which is the ghost.

ETA: some spoilers below, so see if you can spot the ghost on your own first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since google turns up nothing, I am assuming that you just tricked me into watching an entire Shirley Temple youtube video.

Is this the new rick roll?

I caught some special on some remote cable channel the other night and was watching some special about Shirley Temple, and her biggest hit was that Good Ship Lollipop song, but the most interesting/controversial is another -- Animal Crackers. Apparently there is a scene from the movie this song is in, where she's singing the song in a big dining hall with a few dozen other kids. There's this big choreographed hubbub and all the kids bang their glasses along with Shirley and whatnot. And when you first watch the clip, everything looks pretty normal. Just some child star doing a music act. But the plot thickens...Apparently there is a big "hidden" conspiracy about this scene that was covered up for many years, and recently came out in the notes of the director who was dealing with all the child actors in the scene. They film the scene and then go back to watch it, and there's a kid on film who was NOT there at filming. They knew these kids well -- had been working with them for days, replacing some kids with others, getting the scene together just right, and so the crew and director became really familiar with all of the kids. Lo and behold, they watch the tape, and there is a kid there who nobody had ever seen before, and she looks almost slightly opaque in the film. This corresponds with weird goings-on that had been reported several times on set -- lights inexplicably going on and off, items disappearing and turning up in completely different places days later, and the janitorial crew at the studio hearing and seeing strange things after hours (to the point that one of them quit -- and this is in the 1930's mind you, right smack in the middle of the great depression, so you know that it must have been really disturbing). They also go back and poll the kids who had been sitting near the "ghost kid" during shooting, and they all confirm there was nobody sitting there.Sort of creepy/cool. See if you can figure out which is the ghost.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwFXLcrsbc
Three Men and a Baby

My wife took a picture of our back hall last weekend after my dog had to be put to sleep. There was an unexplained globe above where his dish had been for the 5 previous years. Kind of weird.

'Otis said:
I caught some special on some remote cable channel the other night and was watching some special about Shirley Temple, and her biggest hit was that Good Ship Lollipop song, but the most interesting/controversial is another -- Animal Crackers. Apparently there is a scene from the movie this song is in, where she's singing the song in a big dining hall with a few dozen other kids. There's this big choreographed hubbub and all the kids bang their glasses along with Shirley and whatnot. And when you first watch the clip, everything looks pretty normal. Just some child star doing a music act. But the plot thickens...Apparently there is a big "hidden" conspiracy about this scene that was covered up for many years, and recently came out in the notes of the director who was dealing with all the child actors in the scene. They film the scene and then go back to watch it, and there's a kid on film who was NOT there at filming. They knew these kids well -- had been working with them for days, replacing some kids with others, getting the scene together just right, and so the crew and director became really familiar with all of the kids. Lo and behold, they watch the tape, and there is a kid there who nobody had ever seen before, and she looks almost slightly opaque in the film. This corresponds with weird goings-on that had been reported several times on set -- lights inexplicably going on and off, items disappearing and turning up in completely different places days later, and the janitorial crew at the studio hearing and seeing strange things after hours (to the point that one of them quit -- and this is in the 1930's mind you, right smack in the middle of the great depression, so you know that it must have been really disturbing). They also go back and poll the kids who had been sitting near the "ghost kid" during shooting, and they all confirm there was nobody sitting there.Sort of creepy/cool. See if you can figure out which is the ghost.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNwFXLcrsbc
They all hold hand or interlock arms at one point and are in front of place settings. Who could have been the ghost?

Definitely the dark-haired kid who turns around at 1:37 and looks right at the camera. Freaky.

Then Shirley practically walks right through the ghost on the way back up the aisle.

'Otis said:
They all hold hand or interlock arms at one point and are in front of place settings. Who could have been the ghost?
Watch again. You'll see it.

'Otis said:
#### bricks?

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from Tom Hatten's Family Film Festival, which aired weekends on KTLA channel 5 out of Los Angeles. Tom would play classic films that children could enjoy, along with Jay Ward production cartoons (George of the Jungle, Tom Slick, Dudley Do-Right, Super Chicken) and Popeye as well as the Little Rascals and the Three Stooges. It was my father, often through his proxy Tom Hatten, who introduced me to classic comedy teams like Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy as well as Bob Hope & Bing Crosby whose Road films are still among the most entertaining I will ever seen.

Tom also introduced me to Shirley Temple. Adorable, irrepressible Shirley Temple. Long before my Yvonne Craig & Olivia Newton John phase kicked in, it was Shirley Temple who I innocently imagined holding hands with and even dared to dream of being one of the children to sing along with her in the face of that crusty old dean.

So thank you Otis. Thank you for bringing back cherished memories.

This post = 100% shtick free

Last edited by a moderator:
'Otis said:
:shrug:I watched that video 2-3 times...slowly. I also watched a different YouTube video of the exact same portion of that movie. I come up blank. See nothing out of the ordinary.And if there's one thing that Hoart and McJose have "taught" me over the years in the FFA, it's that if *I* can't see it, it doesn't exist...lol. :fishing:

'Otis said:
:shrug:I watched that video 2-3 times...slowly. I also watched a different YouTube video of the exact same portion of that movie. I come up blank. See nothing out of the ordinary.And if there's one thing that Hoart and McJose have "taught" me over the years in the FFA, it's that if *I* can't see it, it doesn't exist...lol. :fishing:
Just weird that you seem to be the only one who cant see it. It's pretty obvious to me now.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from Tom Hatten's Family Film Festival, which aired weekends on KTLA channel 5 out of Los Angeles. Tom would play classic films that children could enjoy, along with Jay Ward production cartoons (George of the Jungle, Tom Slick, Dudley Do-Right, Super Chicken) and Popeye as well as the Little Rascals and the Three Stooges. It was my father, often through his proxy Tom Hatten, who introduced me to classic comedy teams like Jerry Lewis & Dean Martin, Bud Abbott & Lou Costello, Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy as well as Bob Hope & Bing Crosby whose Road films are still among the most entertaining I will ever seen. Tom also introduced me to Shirley Temple. Adorable, irrepressible Shirley Temple. Long before my Yvonne Craig & Olivia Newton John phase kicked in, it was Shirley Temple who I innocently imagined holding hands with and even dared to dream of being one of the children to sing along with her in the face of that crusty old dean.So thank you Otis. Thank you for bringing back cherished memories.This post = 100% shtick free
I watched Tom Hatten religiously....I miss the good old days sometimes.

I think this is a clandestine attempt to create a spike in a you-tube video - that should have a stable baseline for comparison purposes - showing the power of FBG forums, driving up the value of the of the overall FBG site for the inevitable sale. Otis is obviously an owner of this site - or he is just a sadist.

Weird. Overheard this song on some commercial today and thought about the genius of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread