What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish still hasn't paid out (1 Viewer)

Davej626

5.56 solves all
Hey guys. Quick question. What would you do if you're in a league and you still haven't been paid yet? I mean it's March 5th already. Commish is not returning emails, message board posts, pms, or anything? We are not talking a lot of money here ($75), but he runs leagues that have a lot of FBGs in them. I'll hold back mentioning his name for now because I really am interested in what you would do in my shoes?

Thanks.

Hey guys. Quick question. What would you do if you're in a league and you still haven't been paid yet? I mean it's March 5th already. Commish is not returning emails, message board posts, pms, or anything? We are not talking a lot of money here ($75), but he runs leagues that have a lot of FBGs in them. I'll hold back mentioning his name for now because I really am interested in what you would do in my shoes? Thanks.
one of mine just send the money over last week. however, if he owes/runs a lot of leagues that could really add up to some serious money.

I would (and have) outed a commissioner on these boards along with another poster here. People need to know. Leagues are now forming for next year and people need to be made aware of the scumbags that give the good commissioners a bad neme. I understand that someone could change their username and email and start over but, at the very least we need to make it as difficult as we can for them to do business. Especially, when they stop returning correspondence and abandon a league altogether.Don't keep this a secret.
:goodposting: I am sorry, but if you run a league, you are taking on the responsibility of paying the winners immediately. All winners should receive their money within two weeks at the latest. There are no excuses otherwise.

I would (and have) outed a commissioner on these boards along with another poster here. People need to know. Leagues are now forming for next year and people need to be made aware of the scumbags that give the good commissioners a bad neme. I understand that someone could change their username and email and start over but, at the very least we need to make it as difficult as we can for them to do business. Especially, when they stop returning correspondence and abandon a league altogether.Don't keep this a secret.
:goodposting: I am sorry, but if you run a league, you are taking on the responsibility of paying the winners immediately. All winners should receive their money within two weeks at the latest. There are no excuses otherwise.
I agree, i can't think of any reason why you'd need to hold the money for more than a week or two, outside you don't have it to pay out.

I just got paid last week in one of my leagues for my 2nd place $335 finish. I was super nice to the commish all along making sure I would get my money. It is a keeper league and he wants me back haha fat chance - I made sure my money was deposited and now I have no intention of going back to that league.

I just got paid last week in one of my leagues for my 2nd place $335 finish. I was super nice to the commish all along making sure I would get my money. It is a keeper league and he wants me back haha fat chance - I made sure my money was deposited and now I have no intention of going back to that league.
What reason did he give for waiting so long to pay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of cheating and lazy commissioners out there. Even the ones that use LeagueSafe.

I waited over a month after Week 16 this year for the commissioner to release funds from LeagueSafe. Actually had a co-commish too -- whatever he was worth. ####### Christ, it takes 5 mins tops to disburse from LeagueSafe. Stop acting that it's some big chore to do. If you had the time to create a league (and change multiple rules during the season), you have the time to pay in a reasonable manner.

any commishoner who holds money after the season for more than a week or possibly longer if they are on vacation or in the hospital due to a very severe illness should be reported to authorities because it is honestly theft and that goes triple for people who ran schemes where they ran leagues took in money and guarantyed to pay it out but then stole it and used entry fees from another years league to pay the winners because then in that case they never ever intended to use actual entry fees to pay the winners of that season so basically use league safe with the owners decide by majority when and who to pay out and if you don not want to do that then you are a chump so long would not want to be you here is a hammer elbow smash to the face for your troubles take it to the bank greg the hammer valentine style brohans

I would (and have) outed a commissioner on these boards along with another poster here. People need to know. Leagues are now forming for next year and people need to be made aware of the scumbags that give the good commissioners a bad neme. I understand that someone could change their username and email and start over but, at the very least we need to make it as difficult as we can for them to do business. Especially, when they stop returning correspondence and abandon a league altogether.

Don't keep this a secret.
one of the last things this board needs is an inundation of deadbeat commish threads.

any commishoner who holds money after the season for more than a week or possibly longer if they are on vacation or in the hospital due to a very severe illness should be reported to authorities because it is honestly theft and that goes triple for people who ran schemes where they ran leagues took in money and guarantyed to pay it out but then stole it and used entry fees from another years league to pay the winners because then in that case they never ever intended to use actual entry fees to pay the winners of that season so basically use league safe with the owners decide by majority when and who to pay out and if you don not want to do that then you are a chump so long would not want to be you here is a hammer elbow smash to the face for your troubles take it to the bank greg the hammer valentine style brohans
that is one long sentence

Waiting for funds from other owners. Never do I want to play in a league where funds are not paid before you draft, just doesn't make sense. The commish was cool just too easy going and it burned him in the end with waiting until February to collect funds.

I would (and have) outed a commissioner on these boards along with another poster here. People need to know. Leagues are now forming for next year and people need to be made aware of the scumbags that give the good commissioners a bad neme. I understand that someone could change their username and email and start over but, at the very least we need to make it as difficult as we can for them to do business. Especially, when they stop returning correspondence and abandon a league altogether.

one of the last things this board needs is an inundation of deadbeat commish threads.
this is the busiest part of the board and frankly any deadbeat should be outed to the world probably it would be good to google link there name to the thread so that no other good people get caught up in a deadbeats scheme and possibly it could be a front for a terror group to take money and use it for bad plots against our soliders so i guess in the long run you have to ask yourself what you are all about and if you are for AMerica then you probably should not disagree with posting the names of deadbeats its sort of us or them so pick a side and take it to the bank when you choose the USA brohan

Why? Because someone is going to post the cure cancer here in the next 10 minutes? It is March 5th, what else are we going to post about?? FAs and incoming rookies have been posted about ad nauseum. I actually welcome something a little different.

Why? Because someone is going to post the cure cancer here in the next 10 minutes? It is March 5th, what else are we going to post about?? FAs and incoming rookies have been posted about ad nauseum. I actually welcome something a little different.
The problem there is it gets into posting names, addresses, facebook pages, workplaces, and threats of violence. And it extends to online/league friends of the commish, whether they are guilty or not (it's just assumed they are).It turns into an insane witch hunt, really.

Know I'm not alone, really don't give a #### what happens to Aquil Salahudeen or "Alan Fern"

If scumbags like him don't mind taking money away from the families' of others, no one gives 2 ####s what happens to him.

I think in his case people would be more understanding if he wasn't a complete jackass to begin with, and you know, apologized for his wrongdoing. Instead of continuously lying and stringing people on.

'JohnnyU said:
'ImTheScientist said:
Break his legs imo.
How do you propose to do that if he's covered his tracks and you don't know where to find him? A lot of that going on lately. I suggest any new league start using LeagueSafe with the majority vote on payouts option.
It took me a little while to warm up to League Safe. Used it in two leagues beginning a couple a years ago, and initial impression was the site navigation was weird, but it's pretty straightforward now. Fast-forward - When I took over commishing a league last year, and I was pretty adamant to everyone that we were going to use LS. If they wanted a bookkeeper too, they needed to hire someone else. Hopefully LS never goes kremenull on everyone's trust.

There is no way Buffalo trades up, no way. I also don't think they'd take Coples at #10, let alone consider moving up to do it.

:lmao:

The problem there is it gets into posting names, addresses, facebook pages, workplaces, and threats of violence. And it extends to online/league friends of the commish, whether they are guilty or not (it's just assumed they are).It turns into an insane witch hunt, really.
I see no problem just posting the facts. Name, and you won the league and he didn't pay until march after you posted about it. No witch hunt because the commish actually did that.

if you post his name then you are a wussy go to his house and practice the ancient art of ninja kicking his face through a wall and probably in to outerspace where hopefully it will make an impact crater the moon that looks like his face with a ghostbusters cross out across it and then maybe other cheating commissioners will get the message and that message is dont pay and get your head ancient ninja kicked into the lunar surface take it tothe bank brohans

Break his legs imo.
How do you propose to do that if he's covered his tracks and you don't know where to find him? A lot of that going on lately. I suggest any new league start using LeagueSafe with the majority vote on payouts option.
What about owners who dont vote, or what about owners who dont like an owner do dont vote on purpose? I saw that happen a lot too.Leaguesafe, with Commish payout is the best. Normally commishes who steal the money spend it because they have it on hand then disappear because of guilt. I see very few started leagues just to make cash, especially with everyones guard up.

Break his legs imo.
What about owners who dont vote, or what about owners who dont like an owner do dont vote on purpose? I saw that happen a lot too.Leaguesafe, with Commish payout is the best. Normally commishes who steal the money spend it because they have it on hand then disappear because of guilt. I see very few started leagues just to make cash, especially with everyones guard up.
Everyone doesn't need to vote.

'SWC said:
if you post his name then you are a wussy go to his house and practice the ancient art of ninja kicking his face through a wall and probably in to outerspace where hopefully it will make an impact crater the moon that looks like his face with a ghostbusters cross out across it and then maybe other cheating commissioners will get the message and that message is dont pay and get your head ancient ninja kicked into the lunar surface take it tothe bank brohans
You have got to be someone's alias, brohan.

'Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub said:
'Phenix said:
Break his legs imo.
Everyone doesn't need to vote.
Correct, everyone does not need to vote to authorize a LeagueSafe allocation. Here's what happens with the vote:When people vote, as soon as a majority of YES votes occur, the site immediately allocates the funds to the owners. Alternately, if there are a majority of NO votes, the site immediately dismisses the allocation, allowing the commissioner to offer a new (better) allocation. Team owners have seven days to respond. If they don't, and the vote is still awaiting a majority, the non-responders will become abstentions. So, in a 12 team league, if there were 5 yes votes, two no votes, and five abstentions, the vote would pass after seven days.I hope that makes sense.

Reading that, I was on the edge of my seat!

MEEP!

LOL! In the league I commish, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I always have a hard time getting the winners to reply back to me. It's not a big money league ($30), but hell, money is money.

We'll send out emails right after the championship game and may never hear back from the winners in a timely manner. I have to constantly hound them. Most say to just keep the money in and let it roll. We give others the option of paypal or check.

Waiting for funds from other owners. Never do I want to play in a league where funds are not paid before you draft, just doesn't make sense. The commish was cool just too easy going and it burned him in the end with waiting until February to collect funds.
I won over $2k in one of my leagues, but had to wait until March 1st to get paid for the same reason. He said he has a rule that he doesn't pay out until everyone pays. Horrible.I probably won't play in this league again, but it was such easy money, I don't know....

You have got to be someone's alias, brohan.
:lmao: I love this schtick

I won a dynasty league where the commish hasn't paid me the 650.00 he owes. Between the two leagues he ran he owes 2400.00 I believe. He hasn't responded to any emails. We know he doesnt have the money because he emailed us to let us know in January, and that he would have us all paid by the end of Feb. That came and went and nobody has heard a thing from him. Sucks, it's a tough pill to swallow

MEEP!
:lmao: hilarious...all of it...down to every last meep

I won a dynasty league where the commish hasn't paid me the 650.00 he owes. Between the two leagues he ran he owes 2400.00 I believe. He hasn't responded to any emails. We know he doesnt have the money because he emailed us to let us know in January, and that he would have us all paid by the end of Feb. That came and went and nobody has heard a thing from him. Sucks, it's a tough pill to swallow
Nice. Prolly went out and got one of those 72" visio HD TV's with the money.... or maybe he took his girlfriend to one of those all inclusive resorts on the beach.He'll be back next year under a different name I'm sure.Don't understand how people can continue to pony up hard earned dough to strangers on the interwebs.

Nice. Prolly went out and got one of those 72" visio HD TV's with the money.... or maybe he took his girlfriend to one of those all inclusive resorts on the beach.He'll be back next year under a different name I'm sure.Don't understand how people can continue to pony up hard earned dough to strangers on the interwebs.
He probably used it to pay off his booky. I wouldn't give $ unless its a longstanding league, guys I know or league safe.

He probably used it to pay off his booky. I wouldn't give $ unless its a longstanding league, guys I know or league safe.
This was a long standing league that had not had any problems in the past. The guys that are in the league are guys I play with or have played with in other leagues. It wasn't a case of me just showing up to a new start up and forking over money to people I've never had experience with. The most infuriating thing was that when I was invited four years ago, I took over a door mat of a dynasty team and knew it would be a while before it was competitive. Four years later my team is finally a power loaded with young players, wins the division, total points, the title and I get nothing for it. Very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread