What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2012 Milwaukee Brewers Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Coming into the season healthy compared to last year when Hart, Grienke, Lucroy were all on the DL. Hart and Marcum may be limited but it sounds like they should be good to go for the opening day roster. It seems the pundits love the Cards and Reds per usual this year so the Crew could fly under the radar for a while.

- Does Ramirez provide enough protection for Braun? I think you'll see teams make Ramirez beat you until he consistently does. Braun's numbers may hurt for a while to start.

- Speaking of which, will the drug test backlash from fans/pressure get into his head?

- Can Gamel continue tearing the cover off the ball and play a consistent 1B? .275+ and 20+ HRs would be great to have from him.

- Pitching should be a strong suit again. The starters should at least keep them in most games. Does the KRod-Axford combo continue to dominate?

As with any year, there are plenty of questions. 96 wins again is probably out of their reach but I can see 85+ and contending for the Central title again

I'll be there on Friday to kick the season off :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Does Ramirez provide enough protection for Braun? I think you'll see teams make Ramirez beat you until he consistently does. Braun's numbers may hurt for a while to start."

I think this is the key to our season.

Very early season thoughts:

--Gamel looks comfortable early. Especially defensively. The bat should come around.

--Weeks looks to contend for a starting All-Star spot on a yearly basis.

--Estrada will be used too often.

--I still despise Kameron Loe.

--No way in hell Gomez keeps up the torrid pace. I will gladly eat crow in this case.

--Not worried about Braun pressing, feeling pressure etc. Business as usual. MVP

--Alex Gonzales looks like a HOF'er compared to Yuni B

--This team has a good mix of being able to "manufacture" runs and hit the long ball. Not having to rely on either.

"Does Ramirez provide enough protection for Braun? I think you'll see teams make Ramirez beat you until he consistently does. Braun's numbers may hurt for a while to start."

I think this is the key to our season.

Very early season thoughts:

--Gamel looks comfortable early. Especially defensively. The bat should come around.

--Weeks looks to contend for a starting All-Star spot on a yearly basis.

--Estrada Parra will be used too often.

--I still despise Kameron Loe.

--No way in hell Gomez keeps up the torrid pace. I will gladly eat crow in this case.

--Not worried about Braun pressing, feeling pressure etc. Business as usual. MVP

--Alex Gonzales looks like a HOF'er compared to Yuni B

--This team has a good mix of being able to "manufacture" runs and hit the long ball. Not having to rely on either.
Fixed one for you ;) Another early thought:

The defense hasn't been as good as advertised. Now, they weren't going to be world beaters defensively, but 6 errors in 6 games so far is less than encouraging. It nearly cost them the game on Monday. Add in Nyjer completely losing one in the sky and Gomez alligator-arming one one at the track that weren't counted as errors and there's cause for concern.

I'm not as down on Loe as most people. He was decent when he wasn't used for 3-4 games in a row, one day rest, 3-4 games in a row, rinse, repeat. He can be effective.

Greinke hiring an agent and breaking off talks of an extension in the wake of Matt Cain's deal is interesting. As much as I'd like to get him extended, he's going to command a ton of money in FA if he continues to pitch like he did on Saturday.

Now lets get that sweep :banned:

Greinke hiring an agent and breaking off talks of an extension in the wake of Matt Cain's deal is interesting. As much as I'd like to get him extended, he's going to command a ton of money in FA if he continues to pitch like he did on Saturday.

:popcorn:

It amazes me how Yo and Greinke have such extreme outings. 'If' these 2 can put some starts together when both of them are on, look out.

Hats off to Garza today. We got rocked.

I firmly believe this Brewer team is very deep.

Still not sure why people are pitching to Braun at this point. Ramirez's GDIP before Harts HR killed them tonight. It's early but it looks like he's pressing.

Greinke's blowup the other day was because of a string of dinks and dunks. Not too worried about him, but Wolf concerns me. At this point he's pitched 9.1 innings with 18 hits and 11 ER. The bullpen hasn't exactly been lights out either.

Our long to mid relief is AWFUL.

Veras/Loe/Dillard can all go. Estrada moving to the regular rotation is only going to hurt this further.

We are in trouble.

It was nice to get one in STL this weekend but damn, the pitching stinks. I'm hoping this is just a typical slow start for them. It seems like they're always below .500 through May. If they can stay around the .500 mark and not fall ~10 games below, they should be fine. Once it warms up they should go on a tear.

Well Braun went ape the day that Haudricort wrote an article about how he needs to stop swinging at bad pitches. 1st 3 HR game of his career, the first ever at Petco and 15 total bases, a Brewer record.

Well Braun went ape the day that Haudricort wrote an article about how he needs to stop swinging at bad pitches. 1st 3 HR game of his career, the first ever at Petco and 15 total bases, a Brewer record.
The HR to the third deck was very impressive. I think it was still going up when it went out.

Gamel sent back to Milwaukee for tests on his knee. Doesn't sound good
Ishi always seemed like a nice guy but he isn't very good
Word is Gamel needs surgery....nothing official just tweets from Brewer beat writersIshi is probably a stop gap for now. Brook Conrad (last one cut in ST) has been killing it in AAA and will be playing 1B today. Perhaps a callup soon?Brooks Conrad is a bigger fan favorite in San Francisco than Ishikawa. :thumbup:

Gamel sent back to Milwaukee for tests on his knee. Doesn't sound good
Ishi always seemed like a nice guy but he isn't very good
Word is Gamel needs surgery....nothing official just tweets from Brewer beat writersIshi is probably a stop gap for now. Brook Conrad (last one cut in ST) has been killing it in AAA and will be playing 1B today. Perhaps a callup soon?Brooks Conrad is a bigger fan favorite in San Francisco than Ishikawa. :thumbup: :lmao:Unless they want to put Corey Hart at 1B and maybe platoon Aoki, Gonzalez and Morgan in CF/RF, Ishi and Conrad might be their only two options at this point. :banned: Here's to lighting up Suppan today

Confirmed torn ACL for Gamel. Not a lot of options at first. Maybe get Hart some more work at 1st and Aoki in the outfield.

Gomez placed on DL with hamstring injury.

Gonzalez placed on DL with knee injury. Suspected torn ACL. MRI on Monday. That slide looked nasty.

Brewers called up infielder Taylor Green and SS Edwin Maysonet

Gomez placed on DL with hamstring injury.Gonzalez placed on DL with knee injury. Suspected torn ACL. MRI on Monday. That slide looked nasty.Brewers called up infielder Taylor Green and SS Edwin Maysonet
Green could be rosterable in deep OBP leagues if he beats out Conrad and Ishi for ABs. Maysonet is organizational depth.

Roenicke with the stupid managerial move of the day basically giving up.

What the hell was that anyway?

OK, he got lucky there, but still it was stupid to not bunt Hart over.

Roenicke with the stupid managerial move of the day basically giving up.What the hell was that anyway?OK, he got lucky there, but still it was stupid to not bunt Hart over.
Don't have a problem with it. On the road you play for the win. Especially with a depleted bench.

Roenicke with the stupid managerial move of the day basically giving up.What the hell was that anyway?OK, he got lucky there, but still it was stupid to not bunt Hart over.
Don't have a problem with it. On the road you play for the win. Especially with a depleted bench.See, I don't get this line of thinking. Why don't you want to try and get the win? Just because it's on the road? It makes no sense.Also, don't you have to tie it before you win it? Sure a walk-off HR bypasses the tie first, but why don't you care about losing a road game? I don't get it.

Don't have a problem with it. On the road you play for the win. Especially with a depleted bench.
See, I don't get this line of thinking. Why don't you want to try and get the win? Just because it's on the road? It makes no sense.Also, don't you have to tie it before you win it? Sure a walk-off HR bypasses the tie first, but why don't you care about losing a road game?

I don't get it.

:confused: You do want to try to get the win. That's why you swing away instead of giving up the out to move the guy over for a tie. Old baseball adage. On the road, you play for the win. At home, you play for the tie. That's because the home team gets the last at bat. Plus, with the Brewers injury situation and a depleted bench, extra innings favors the Giants.

See, I don't get this line of thinking. Why don't you want to try and get the win? Just because it's on the road? It makes no sense.Also, don't you have to tie it before you win it? Sure a walk-off HR bypasses the tie first, but why don't you care about losing a road game?

I don't get it.

:confused: You do want to try to get the win. That's why you swing away instead of giving up the out to move the guy over for a tie. Old baseball adage. On the road, you play for the win. At home, you play for the tie. That's because the home team gets the last at bat. Plus, with the Brewers injury situation and a depleted bench, extra innings favors the Giants.

I get that, but I'm trying to win at all costs, road, home or depleted bench. If that means tying the game first, so be it. I do what it takes.Maybe I'm too competitive.

Hopefully the news on Gonzalez is surprisingly good on his MRI on Monday. But all indications are that he has an ACL tear. Here's hoping.

He was fun to watch at short. So smooth.

Dropping like flies. Brewers opening day roster looked good, promising. Now, even with great pitching someone has to step up hitting. Gawd, who is hitting the ball?

Weeks breaks an 0-21 streak with a missile to left. Hoping that is a spark that gets him going.

Greinke's price tag keeps going up. His last two starts: 15 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 18 Ks

Can or will the Brewers resign Greinke? I sure hope they do otherwise the playoffs keep getting further and further away.

'Annyong said:
I'm sure it's been brought up, but what's up w/ Gallardo?
Gallardo really isn't the issue. He hasn't pitched well, but not that bad either. He's gotten blown up in 2 starts and in the rest he's given up 3 ER or less. On top of that he doesn't get much run support and the bullpen hasn't done him any favors either. It seems like the book on him is to work the count full and take your chances. That gets his pitch count up pretty early in most starts.

'Annyong said:
Gallardo really isn't the issue. He hasn't pitched well, but not that bad either. He's gotten blown up in 2 starts and in the rest he's given up 3 ER or less. On top of that he doesn't get much run support and the bullpen hasn't done him any favors either. It seems like the book on him is to work the count full and take your chances. That gets his pitch count up pretty early in most starts.I agree. The problem is mostly with the offense, however Gallardo going deep in the count on 75% of the batters isn't helping much either.

Can or will the Brewers resign Greinke? I sure hope they do otherwise the playoffs keep getting further and further away.
PLAYOFFS??????PLAYOFFS?????????

Not this year

Hell, it's even possible he could be a mid-season trade option if they continue the losing trend.If not, it's unlikely. As mentioned above the Matt Cain deal really hurt the Brewers chances of resigning him. Heyman had a good article about it earlier this week.

PLAYOFFS??????PLAYOFFS?????????

Not this year
Hell, it's even possible he could be a mid-season trade option if they continue the losing trend.If not, it's unlikely. As mentioned above the Matt Cain deal really hurt the Brewers chances of resigning him. Heyman had a good article about it earlier this week.

:goodposting: Too bad Greinke can't pitch everyday. I think they've scored 24 runs now in his last 2 starts.

Gallardo really isn't the issue. He hasn't pitched well, but not that bad either. He's gotten blown up in 2 starts and in the rest he's given up 3 ER or less. On top of that he doesn't get much run support and the bullpen hasn't done him any favors either. It seems like the book on him is to work the count full and take your chances. That gets his pitch count up pretty early in most starts.Very :goodposting:

Suddenly I'm reminded of

5-1 vs LAD

2-3 vs Houston

Baseball is a weird game.

Currently 6 games under .500 with one more in LA heading into June. 5 under would be fantastic but a 4 game sweep out west just seems unlikely with this team. I'd be pretty happy with 3-1 given the circumstances.

PIT

CHC

SD

@KC

@MIN

This is THE time to make a move to get a few games above .500 before the AS break. I see no reason to not win each of those series unless the injury bug keeps hitting them.

Injury after injury. Maybe this year the first half will suck and after the all-star break, the Brewers will be dominate instead of the other way around.

Frustrating... very frustrating. Where is the hitting?

I sure hope Weeks gets back into some kind of good form. His lack of performance is huge so far. And, the injuries are not helping either.

Users who are viewing this thread