What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dollar Shave Club... a new entry into the Razor market. (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy
Dollar Shave Club couldn't be simpler. Select one of our great razors, pay one low monthly fee, and we send 'em right to your door.

No more over-paying for fancy brand name shave tech. No more forgetting to buy your blades.

Check out http://www.dollarshaveclub.com

x5 Twin Blades = 1$

X4 Quad Blades = 6$

x3 6-Blade Behemoth! = 9$

:shiny:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong forum. Don't all FBGers drop about $2k a month on a personal assistant to come over and shave for them? :confused:

Not a bad deal, but I think it's about even for me.
You must use a different option then the Gillette and Schicks of the world. :thumbup:
I just take care of the blades. I have a pretty thick beard, but I always shave using hot water/warm shaving cream and I always dry my blade. Lasts about a month shaving every other day or so.
Hell. I use cheap dual blade target disposables and each one lasts me a month. And I don't dry them off... I store em on the shelf in my shower too. :lmao:

I shave a couple times a week, and the four blade one makes sense for what I use it for. I wear my blades down to the nub, so fresher blades will be, well, refreshing.

I realize this may not actually be a savings, but I like new, fresh ideas and, at the risk of sounding like hipster/dork/dweeb, I feel good supporting a cool venture like this.

No, I have a buddy that swears by it. I have an old quattro that I bought when a grocery store went out of business and bought a ton of blades for cheap. That was 3 years ago, and I have 16 blades left. I can get two weeks easily out of my current razor.

This absolutely works great. I use the inside of my forearm for 3 or 4 strokes before i shave, then make sure I dry it before putting away. I'll get months out of a blade. I shave every day and have extremely sesnitive skin on my neck and need an uber sharp blade. Even if I miss a random weekend day, I have no problrms with the extra growth.

This absolutely works great. I use the inside of my forearm for 3 or 4 strokes before i shave, then make sure I dry it before putting away. I'll get months out of a blade. I shave every day and have extremely sesnitive skin on my neck and need an uber sharp blade. Even if I miss a random weekend day, I have no problrms with the extra growth.

This is where Dollar Shave club gets its blades, it is a lot cheaper than Mach 3

I may try these out

I just tried this out. Went with the middle $6 razors. Not a fan. I had previously been using some Fusion ones my wife got for me, but bought myself some cheap up and up Target disposables just before signing up for these. I like the shave from the target ones better and they were cheaper.

My biggest complaint about the razors is that they aren't angled back like most are now. They can bend back once you push them against your face, but I don't like having to do that. Oh well.

anyone still use this?
I get the executive blades, once every 2 months. Works out great for me. The shave butter is good when I am in a hurry, but most of the time when I shave I have time, so I use a brush and shave soap.

I tried Harry's first before DSC, and really wanted to like them more, but did not care for their blades. The lack of a trimmer edge had me go over to DSC.

anyone still use this?
I get the executive blades, once every 2 months. Works out great for me. The shave butter is good when I am in a hurry, but most of the time when I shave I have time, so I use a brush and shave soap.

I tried Harry's first before DSC, and really wanted to like them more, but did not care for their blades. The lack of a trimmer edge had me go over to DSC.
I also get the blades once every 2 months. Never tried the butter even though they sent me some samples. I just use Barbasol cause it is cheap

I just tried this out. Went with the middle $6 razors. Not a fan. I had previously been using some Fusion ones my wife got for me, but bought myself some cheap up and up Target disposables just before signing up for these. I like the shave from the target ones better and they were cheaper. My biggest complaint about the razors is that they aren't angled back like most are now. They can bend back once you push them against your face, but I don't like having to do that. Oh well.
I tried the four blade and the executive. I had the same problem as you where they just did not work that well. I am going back to the mach III.

anyone still use this?

I also get the blades once every 2 months. Never tried the butter even though they sent me some samples. I just use Barbasol cause it is cheap
Cremo is $7 for a 6 oz. tube and will last you months. I shave my head almost every day and it's the closest shave I've ever had.

I signed up for the quad blades ($6), which should arrive this week. We'll give it a shot. My wife shaves her legs and other stuff with my Fusion and I'm sick of dull blades. I have a very light beard - think Cliff Clavin - and should be able to ratchet it back to the every other month deal no problem.

I signed up for the quad blades ($6), which should arrive this week. We'll give it a shot. My wife shaves her legs and other stuff with my Fusion and I'm sick of dull blades. I have a very light beard - think Cliff Clavin - and should be able to ratchet it back to the every other month deal no problem.
Wait a minute....your wife uses the same shavers on her legs (and other parts) that you use on your face? Really?

Wait a minute....your wife uses the same shavers on her legs (and other parts) that you use on your face? Really?
She also uses the same ###### to pee that she does on his face. What's the problem?

She also uses the same ###### to pee that she does on his face. What's the problem?
That using those razors after she uses em' on her legs will tear his face to shreds.

Went with Harry's a few months back and I am pleased with their blades. Got a set for my son, and he likes them as well.

That using those razors after she uses em' on her legs will tear his face to shreds.
Exactly. And she's stealth about it, and only does it if she's out of blades. Damn women.

Been going with DorcoUSA and have never looked back. It's all the same razors and blades as DSC but you just buy whatever you want on their website. There is always a retail-me-not coupon as well.

Just got a new 4-blade handle + 2 blades + a 24 pack of blades for under $30. I don't usually shave on weekends so $30 pretty much gets me through 2015.

Joined this for a couple of months. Just didn't like it nearly as much as the shave I get from my Gillette Mach IVIVIV Power things. Instead signed up for the monthly deal on Amazon shipping the Gillette blades to me.

Been going with DorcoUSA and have never looked back. It's all the same razors and blades as DSC but you just buy whatever you want on their website. There is always a retail-me-not coupon as well.

Just got a new 4-blade handle + 2 blades + a 24 pack of blades for under $30. I don't usually shave on weekends so $30 pretty much gets me through 2015.
How did I not know of DorcoUSA? Why am I buying Venus razors for my wife and daughter? I just picked up a 6 4-pack of blades and 2 razors for $26 w/coupon.

Thanks, 17!

Yeah, I had been using a double-edge razor for the past few years, but Dorco recently got me back into the multi-blade cartridge game. It's a good shave.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use DSC more for the convenience. I'm really lazy. Shave is good enough. I like the butter. And I don't have to worry about not having blades.

17seconds said:

going to check this out. :blackdot:

Jumping in to the Dorco bandwagon. My "free" cartridges that came with the super duper swivel 20 blade fusion proglide extraordinaire are about tapped out. Got 2 (1 for me, 1 for son) of the 1 handle/10 cartridge 6 blade/trimmer combos for $26 shipped. Refills down the road will be half the price for double the refills.

Amazon has Dorco as well so if you're a Prime member you can get free shipping. Dorco site has free shipping over $25 so grab a coupon and go over $25 to get a better deal. Coupon I got from Dorco twitter was M4V52B

Users who are viewing this thread