What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joique Bell (1 Viewer)

swirvenirvin

Footballguy
Pick him up now, probably not a great play this week but I think he gets more touches than Leshoure and takes over as main ball carrier.

Pick him up now, probably not a great play this week but I think he gets more touches than Leshoure and takes over as main ball carrier.
People said there was no way that Kevin Smith would instantly lose his job to a running back that had never played a down in the NFL. That turned out good too. The Lions coaches and gm's don't think like normal people, Leshoure is their guy until he gets hurt or they draft someone else. Bell is a handcuff or a wishful flex play at best.

So what your saying is, Kevin Smith would never lose his job(but he did), now your saying Leshoure will never lose his job because the Lions front office don't have a clue...I'm grabbing Bell.

People said there was no way that Kevin Smith would instantly lose his job to a running back that had never played a down in the NFL. That turned out good too. The Lions coaches and gm's don't think like normal people, Leshoure is their guy until he gets hurt or they draft someone else. Bell is a handcuff or a wishful flex play at best.
I said Smith would loss his job from Day 1.

And your basis for this thought is...?
Been little hints of it here and there from comments from Linehan this week about getting Bell the ball more. Plus my buddy was at a Lions charity even yesterday and got to talk briefly with Schwartz. Schwartz's comment to him was "Watch out for bell and Kris Durham"

So what your saying is, Kevin Smith would never lose his job(but he did), now your saying Leshoure will never lose his job because the Lions front office don't have a clue...I'm grabbing Bell.
No, I am saying they love Leshoure, they used a 2nd rounder to get him and unless he is hurt they are going to ride him.

So is it good or bad that I picked up Bell in Week 5 and have started him 4 times already?

p.s. Damn MJD, Issac Redman, Ryan Williams, Ronnie Hillman, Mark Ingram, Jalen Parmalee, LaRod Stephen-Howlins, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it good or bad that I picked up Bell in Week 5 and have started him 4 times already?p.s. Damn MJD, Issac Redman, Ryan Williams, Ronnie Hillman, Mark Ingram, Jalen Parmalee, LaRod Stephen-Howlins, etc.
:lmao: You pretty much rattled off my RB bench/IR list as well.

Bell seems better for their "running" game. Better lateral movement and its needed playing behind that line.

I don't watch a lot of Lions games in full like I did last night so maybe someone knows a lot more than my observation from one game but it seemed like they were every bit as willing to use Bell in the short yardage situations as they were LeShoure.

I've had Bell rostered nearly the whole damn season in one particular PPR league....and given the chatter this past week/his performance last night I'm juuuust about ready to say "eff it" and start him in round one of the playoffs next week as my only runner since he's drawing AZ.

Attrition/ineffectiveness/poor matchups are forcing my hand here, but if he's going to get 10-12 carries a week along with his 4-5 catches.....

There are worse things to take a shot on than 15 or so touches vs. that horrid Arizona rush D. I'm definitely tempted.

So is it good or bad that I picked up Bell in Week 5 and have started him 4 times already?p.s. Damn MJD, Issac Redman, Ryan Williams, Ronnie Hillman, Mark Ingram, Jalen Parmalee, LaRod Stephen-Howlins, etc.
:lmao: You pretty much rattled off my RB bench/IR list as well.
x2..which is why I am reading this post and not planning next week's roster.

I've had Bell rostered nearly the whole damn season in one particular PPR league....and given the chatter this past week/his performance last night I'm juuuust about ready to say "eff it" and start him in round one of the playoffs next week as my only runner since he's drawing AZ. Attrition/ineffectiveness/poor matchups are forcing my hand here, but if he's going to get 10-12 carries a week along with his 4-5 catches.....There are worse things to take a shot on than 15 or so touches vs. that horrid Arizona rush D. I'm definitely tempted.
This is the textbook definition of a WTH flex. Ballsy to play the WTH types in the playoffs. But I'm fed up with the temptation to start J. Dwyer types who only have value if they score. Bell looks like a poor man Sproles right now, and Arizona is a great matchup (as Fitz's pop said) now that AZ has all but given up. The timeshare looks more and more like a fifty-fifty split and that's tipping the scales toward a high floor for Bell. What the heck! No guts no glory right?

More touches than Leshoure this week. I think they at least split the rest of the year
Man, Leshoure looks bad. But the Lions aren't doing him any favors with their play calling. Bell is the better RB for their system, no doubt.
Leshoure is just a plodder without much natural ablilty. I have watched every game this season and he never makes anyone miss..if the hole is there he can get through it..but so can any other NFL RB. Bell looks much better at this point.

I've had Bell rostered nearly the whole damn season in one particular PPR league....and given the chatter this past week/his performance last night I'm juuuust about ready to say "eff it" and start him in round one of the playoffs next week as my only runner since he's drawing AZ. Attrition/ineffectiveness/poor matchups are forcing my hand here, but if he's going to get 10-12 carries a week along with his 4-5 catches.....There are worse things to take a shot on than 15 or so touches vs. that horrid Arizona rush D. I'm definitely tempted.
This is the textbook definition of a WTH flex. Ballsy to play the WTH types in the playoffs. But I'm fed up with the temptation to start J. Dwyer types who only have value if they score. Bell looks like a poor man Sproles right now, and Arizona is a great matchup (as Fitz's pop said) now that AZ has all but given up. The timeshare looks more and more like a fifty-fifty split and that's tipping the scales toward a high floor for Bell. What the heck! No guts no glory right?
I have absolutely no choice but to start him. I'm rolling into battle with Sproles and Bell as my backs in PPR. Crossing my fingers.

More touches than Leshoure this week. I think they at least split the rest of the year
Man, Leshoure looks bad. But the Lions aren't doing him any favors with their play calling. Bell is the better RB for their system, no doubt.
Leshoure is just a plodder without much natural ablilty. I have watched every game this season and he never makes anyone miss..if the hole is there he can get through it..but so can any other NFL RB. Bell looks much better at this point.
The utilization of Leshoure and Bell in Detroit is as bad as how Lynch was used in Buffalo in his early years right before he was traded to Seattle. People keep on claiming Bell is a better fit for Detroit offense are fooling themselves. Bell and Leshoure are very similar RB's who were both great in college for being power guys. Bell is not much more nimble than Leshoure. These 2 rb's are are continuously running out of shot gun and having to make guys miss as opposed to being able to run through guys and they are not given any room to get going down hill. Leshoure at 6'0" 233 lbs, and Bell at 5'11" 220 lbs are down hill guys as they both don't have blazing speed Leshoure did run a 4.56 which is fast for his size. Bell is a 4.6 guy. These types of backs are built for a large number of carries and to wear a defence down ala Lynch in Seattle.The Lions do have a guy that is better suited for this type of offense, but he may never play another down of football again (Javhid Best).Yesterday Collinsworth kept on saying taht Bell could be a great fit for this offense. He has had a couple of nice runs that have inflated his numbers as a COP guy, but he is no different or better than Leshoure. These guys should follow a full back and smash it down teams throats.-Last night Bell had 49 yards on 12 carries -Leshoure last night had 49 yards on 14 carriesPeople are going to say but on the year Bell has a 5.2 ypc. Well in 9 of their 13 games he has not averaged 5 ypc. In fact I would venture to guess that his YPC with more carries would be the same as Leshoure. Also, just because Bell has more receptions he is no more fluid than Leshoure out of the back field. Bell has just played more 3rd downs and received more dump offs and targets. Even last night Bell had 5 receptions but it is not as if they were tough receiving plays. Leshoure has caught 26 of the 36 balls thrown his way, Bell has caught 39 of the 51 balls thrown his way. There really is not much difference between these 2 guys at the moment.Even when you watch these guys play they are the same type of RB and look quite similar. Leshoure to me has more upside due to youth. You would have to assume he continues to improve as he is only 22 years of age and coming off a significant foot injury that forced him to miss a year of action. Right now Leshoure has caught 26 passes and he is not even playing 3rd down duties at this time. He will get more of those opportunites in time as he is a good blocker and capable.Regardless Bell has been pretty good, but to me these guys are capped due to the offense they play in.

The utilization of Leshoure and Bell in Detroit is as bad as how Lynch was used in Buffalo in his early years right before he was traded to Seattle. People keep on claiming Bell is a better fit for Detroit offense are fooling themselves. Bell and Leshoure are very similar RB's who were both great in college for being power guys. Bell is not much more nimble than Leshoure. These 2 rb's are are continuously running out of shot gun and having to make guys miss as opposed to being able to run through guys and they are not given any room to get going down hill. Leshoure at 6'0" 233 lbs, and Bell at 5'11" 220 lbs are down hill guys as they both don't have blazing speed Leshoure did run a 4.56 which is fast for his size. Bell is a 4.6 guy. These types of backs are built for a large number of carries and to wear a defence down ala Lynch in Seattle.The Lions do have a guy that is better suited for this type of offense, but he may never play another down of football again (Javhid Best).Yesterday Collinsworth kept on saying taht Bell could be a great fit for this offense. He has had a couple of nice runs that have inflated his numbers as a COP guy, but he is no different or better than Leshoure. These guys should follow a full back and smash it down teams throats.-Last night Bell had 49 yards on 12 carries -Leshoure last night had 49 yards on 14 carriesPeople are going to say but on the year Bell has a 5.2 ypc. Well in 9 of their 13 games he has not averaged 5 ypc. In fact I would venture to guess that his YPC with more carries would be the same as Leshoure. Also, just because Bell has more receptions he is no more fluid than Leshoure out of the back field. Bell has just played more 3rd downs and received more dump offs and targets. Even last night Bell had 5 receptions but it is not as if they were tough receiving plays. Leshoure has caught 26 of the 36 balls thrown his way, Bell has caught 39 of the 51 balls thrown his way. There really is not much difference between these 2 guys at the moment.Even when you watch these guys play they are the same type of RB and look quite similar. Leshoure to me has more upside due to youth. You would have to assume he continues to improve as he is only 22 years of age and coming off a significant foot injury that forced him to miss a year of action. Right now Leshoure has caught 26 passes and he is not even playing 3rd down duties at this time. He will get more of those opportunites in time as he is a good blocker and capable.Regardless Bell has been pretty good, but to me these guys are capped due to the offense they play in.
To me Bell just looks more agile while LeShoure is more North/South. Bell can make a cut and go while I'm not sure i've seen LeShoure do that yet. That's just to my eye though and I haven't watched the Lions a whole lot.

No one will dispute that Leshoure has been the lead back this year. But the trend is starting to split 50-50. I agree with others that Bell seems to have more wiggle and burst than Leshoure. Leshoure is a hard straight line runner who always takes what's there, but doesn't create space or have the vision to do more with the blocking he gets. The last 3 games, Leshoure has been averaging less than 3 ypc while Bell has over 7 ypc. Bell also has caught twice as many balls as Leshoure over the last 3 games. I own both backs, and honestly I think Bell is better. The Detroit RB situation is a valauble one and it's unfortunate these guys are in a timeshare unlike Kevin Smith last year who was fantasy gold.

Lynch was outplayed in Buffalo by Fred Jackson.

Lynch was outplayed in Buffalo by Fred Jackson.
Yes he was and needed a change of scenery and a team that was willing to pound him and use him the way he should have been used in buffalo.Jackson is/was a very good back who held of Spiller for a long while too, due to his versability and his ability to fit mulitiple packages on offense.

He is young and he may improve but he is now up to 197 touches on the season and has yet to have a play go longer than 16 yards. No burst, no vision, you would figure a back of that size would shed a tackle every once in awhile and bust a 30-40 yarder. Hopefully these things improve as he matures.

I had LeShoure on my team and Bell just looks better right now. LeShoure breaks nothing and just falls forward slowly for a few yards every time he touches the ball. It was a worry to me that he would lose carries (one can look up prior posts in previous threads) to Bell, and he has done just that.

'rockaction said:
I had LeShoure on my team and Bell just looks better right now. LeShoure breaks nothing and just falls forward slowly for a few yards every time he touches the ball. It was a worry to me that he would lose carries (one can look up prior posts in previous threads) to Bell, and he has done just that.
Bell runs harder and is more productive. I am not sure what the Lions coaching staff is looking at. I still hope it is a new coaching staff next year. Longshot, but you can always dream.

Going into next week against a demoralized Arizona team, you'd think there's some value to both Bell and Leshoure. For those who have both backs, tough choice perhaps as to who to start. While Bell's been nice at times, Leshoure's been a far better start most of the year, but after this past week, you really have to wonder.

That said, if Leshoure still gets goalines, that could mean an easy score (2?) against the Cards.

'rockaction said:
Bell runs harder and is more productive. I am not sure what the Lions coaching staff is looking at. I still hope it is a new coaching staff next year. Longshot, but you can always dream.
Because you don't know the Lions. They don't do things right, it doesn't matter who is in charge. I don't own either player in any dynasty league but I wonder if Leshoure's injury from last year is still healing, he looked a lot faster and shiftier in college.

Going into next week against a demoralized Arizona team, you'd think there's some value to both Bell and Leshoure. For those who have both backs, tough choice perhaps as to who to start. While Bell's been nice at times, Leshoure's been a far better start most of the year, but after this past week, you really have to wonder.That said, if Leshoure still gets goalines, that could mean an easy score (2?) against the Cards.
This is a choice I will likely have next week as well. I've carried LeShoure/Bell on my roster all year behind Lynch and Bradshaw but with Bradshaw hurting I'll likely have to plug one of them in this week in my semi-final game. Like most here I haven't been impressed with LeShoure since his first game - Bell clearly looks like the better back. But Schwartz keeps rolling LeShoure out there anyway - and if you have to go with one wouldn't it be LeShoure considering the GL carries? This blows....

Pretty much how I'm viewing it, yeah. My options aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. Had rostered just about every Denver back not named Moreno in this setup for the stretch run. That's worked out great. :yucky: In this particular league, it's going to be a question of playing either Bradshaw(no), Murray(terrible matchup), Montell Owens(no) or Bell. I could start more than one of them, but I'm only required to start a single runner. Of that crop Bell clearly has the best matchup, and since it's a PPR he should score something regardless of how the Lions use the two backs this week.

I don't enjoy having to entertain the idea of having Joique freaking Bell as the custodian of my playoff hopes at RB for the week....but I'm at least considering it and not thinking it's completely asinine at this point. I don't necessarily believe he's better than LeShoure at all. That's not part of the equation to me. He was already getting catches though, and now he could be in line for double digit carries too, against what should be an ace matchup. That's all I'm chasing here if I do, indeed, decide to roll him out there.

Pretty much how I'm viewing it, yeah. My options aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. Had rostered just about every Denver back not named Moreno in this setup for the stretch run. That's worked out great. :yucky: In this particular league, it's going to be a question of playing either Bradshaw(no), Murray(terrible matchup), Montell Owens(no) or Bell. I could start more than one of them, but I'm only required to start a single runner. Of that crop Bell clearly has the best matchup, and since it's a PPR he should score something regardless of how the Lions use the two backs this week.

I don't enjoy having to entertain the idea of having Joique freaking Bell as the custodian of my playoff hopes at RB for the week....but I'm at least considering it and not thinking it's completely asinine at this point. I don't necessarily believe he's better than LeShoure at all. That's not part of the equation to me. He was already getting catches though, and now he could be in line for double digit carries too, against what should be an ace matchup. That's all I'm chasing here if I do, indeed, decide to roll him out there.
Same situation for me. I only have to start 1 RB, and they are Bell, McFadden, Owens, Alex Green. I think it has to be Bell from that crop

'Carter_Can_Fly said:
Yes he was and needed a change of scenery and a team that was willing to pound him and use him the way he should have been used in buffalo.Jackson is/was a very good back who held of Spiller for a long while too, due to his versability and his ability to fit mulitiple packages on offense.
Except Lynch had more carries (and touches) per game in his rookie season in Buffalo than he's had in either season in Seattle.

I'm rolling with him as my flex. He's as safe a bet for 100 total yards as anyone. I can't afford 2 points from my flex in the playoffs.

Not sure I have the balls to start him over Gore, Montell Owens or Antonio Brown...thinking about it

start Murray, he is going to get 25 touches to Bell's 12-15 and is a much better bet for a TD. going to catch a lot of passes as well. unless you think Bell is going to more than double Murray's YPC Murray is the way to go. there is a chance the Lions are routing the Cardinals early and Bell climbs toward 15-20 rushes but it's more likely he gets 9-12 carries and 3 catches.

Anyone starting him and over who?
Depending on Shorts situation, might bump Givens from flex to WR2 and play Bell at flex. Just picked him up this week in a 12 teamer. Only guy of note I'd be playing him over is Britt. FWIW, if Shorts is G2G I'll stick with Givens and keep Bell on bench.In another league, with Nelson likely out I'm considering playing him in flex over Leshoure and RBush.Overall, I - and anyone else - should be pretty happy to have gotten a potential 10-11 points off the wire in Week 15. :thumbup:

I have to choose between Bell and Mcfadden. Most "experts" have Mcfadden pretty high in the rankings, but I don't really know why that is. I assume its just because he is playing KC, but I don't really remember him doing much against them the first time they played.

Any insight on this choice would be welcomed, but I think I am rolling with Bell

I have to choose between Bell and Mcfadden. Most "experts" have Mcfadden pretty high in the rankings, but I don't really know why that is. I assume its just because he is playing KC, but I don't really remember him doing much against them the first time they played. Any insight on this choice would be welcomed, but I think I am rolling with Bell
KC is bad on run defense. I also see a consensus of 15 > 33 in their rankings. McFadden would be my play.

I have to choose between Bell and Mcfadden. Most "experts" have Mcfadden pretty high in the rankings, but I don't really know why that is. I assume its just because he is playing KC, but I don't really remember him doing much against them the first time they played. Any insight on this choice would be welcomed, but I think I am rolling with Bell
KC is bad on run defense. I also see a consensus of 15 > 33 in their rankings. McFadden would be my play.
Yeah, no way in hell i'd play Bell over a "healthy" McFadden but that is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread