What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harvin to Bills/ Formerly the Harvin to Hawks & Jets (1 Viewer)

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy
@RapSheet: Percy Harvin is en route to a physical from #Seahawks. Source: "It's a done deal." Compensation is not clear yet

Last edited by a moderator:
@AdamSchefter: Trade bw MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin contingent upon a new contract for Harvin; contract likely to be completed in next 48 hours.

Interesting. If Harvin can stay on the field this will be nice for the Seahawks. NFC West is tough and just got tougher.

Even if he gets a big contract, it's still well worth it for Seattle IMO. Harvin is one of the most explosive players in the entire league and turns just 25 this year.

who is left in minn? jenkins simpson and harvin all gone right?
It would actually be a really nice move for them if they can get a first+ out of Harvin and then sign someone like Wallace or Jennings, but I'm not familiar with their current situation with the cap and direction of the team.

IMO Harvin quit on this team last year and could've played in the playoffs.

In the coming days, we will be hearing not great stories about his time with the Vikings.

Per Fox Sports' Jay Glazer:

The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) March 11, 2013

Seattle sends this years first round pick and a 7th rounder as well as a mid-round pick next year for Harvin. Win-win for both teams

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) March 11, 2013

If what Glazer reports is true, it's a good deal for the Vikings too. He was disgruntled, and although he was a big part of their offense, he couldn't stay healthy. He wanted top $$ and they were better served to ship him elsewhere and save the $$ for others. Now their WRs currently are a mess and they seriously need to address it this offseason, but good move for both teams. Seattle is doing their level best to keep pace with SF. Both teams are scary good.

In the coming days, we will be hearing not great stories about his time with the Vikings.
No he couldn't have. The team placed him on IR.That would be the Irritating Rapscallion list.

No he couldn't have. The team placed him on IR.That would be the Irritating Rapscallion list.
Was it due to the injury or him though? That's my point. I'm guessing, so I may be wrong, but the ankle injury wasn't that bad. My link

Was it due to the injury or him though? That's my point. I'm guessing, so I may be wrong, but the ankle injury wasn't that bad. My link
I see what you mean. I think the injury was used as an excuse to teach him a lesson for his insubordination.

Huge BUMP to Wilson - biggest winner here by far, I'd consider him solidly in the 6-10 range now, with Cam, Ryan, Kaep, Luck, still behind Brady, Brees, Rodgers, RG3, Peyton.

Med-low bump to Harvin (QB upgrade, but does he still get the backfield carries he got in MIN which made him as valuable as he was?)

Low bump A Peterson (counterintuitive play, but he seemed to put up better stats without Harvin on the field last year, but who will the Vikings bring in as new WRs?)

What's this do to Harvins value?
It's hard for me to say, without more thought. It's easy to say it goes up, as he goes to a better offense with a much better QB. But you can't look to get Harvin involved any more than Minny did. I would hope SEA is just as committed, but we'll see.

I like Rotoworld's take on this as a big feather in Rick Spielman's hat:

Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew. The Vikings now have four picks in the top 83 this year: Nos. 23, 25, 52, and 83. It's also conceivable that Spielman has already struck an under-the-table deal with a free agent like Greg Jennings.

I absolutely love Harvin and there is not a better player to watch in the NFL, but this is a trade the Vikings had to make based on value...Will miss seeing him return kicks.

Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew. The Vikings now have four picks in the top 83 this year: Nos. 23, 25, 52, and 83. It's also conceivable that Spielman has already struck an under-the-table deal with a free agent like Greg Jennings.
They can keep Spielman - Miami still digging out from some of the moves he made.And Marshall was coming off another arrest right before he was dealt.

Saw a tweet about Harvin's aDot being around 9 with Bevell and only 5-6 the last 2 years without him. i.e. we won't be seeing as many screen passes and they'll use him more as a a downfield threat like they did with Doug Baldwin. Less catches but more yards for Harvin.

It's hard for me to say, without more thought. It's easy to say it goes up, as he goes to a better offense with a much better QB. But you can't look to get Harvin involved any more than Minny did. I would hope SEA is just as committed, but we'll see.
You have to think they will be with the amount of money they're about to pay him. Not too mention the picks they also gave up.

I dont think this does anything to Harvin's value, which is exactly what Harvin owners needed. He will stay a top end WR

They can keep Spielman - Miami still digging out from some of the moves he made.

And Marshall was coming off another arrest right before he was dealt.
I know, it's strange. I was nervous when he was brought in but he's done pretty well here.

His best year as a Viking was in 2011 where he went 87/967/6.Which of these numbers go up when he's a Seahawk? I'm not sure any do.
That really isn't being honest about his best year, is it?In 2012, in 9 games he had 62/677/3 including his last game of 2-10 when Ponder threw for 63 yards and I am pretty sure Harvin was hurt. Prorated, even with that 9th game, that is 110/1203/5, which is an awful lot better than 2011. Heck, looking at only his first 8 instead of the game he was hurt in, prorated for a full season he is 120/1334/6, which is what I remember based on how he was tearing it up in my PPR league.I would think he has a great chance of besting the 2011 numbers and I would bet that his prorated 2012 numbers are a lot more likely as I think Russell Wilson takes a step getting far closer to 4000 yards passing than Ponder will be in 2013. Being a Vikings homer, I can see the thought, but as an outsider I think it is pretty silly to say that you can't see Harvin going over 1000 yards.

Someone explain to me why the SeaHawks didnt just wait a few days to sign Victor Cruz to an offer sheet and give the Giants first round pick as compensation since he is an RFA? Cruz would make the same amount as Harvin most likely, isnt coming off an injury, and isnt a headcase.

Users who are viewing this thread