What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tell me how the AL East race finishes... First to Last (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Any team could finish first and any team could finish last and it would surprise nobody.

You don't need to give exact records... just 1st through 5th. I'll go with:

1) Toronto

2) Tampa Bay

3) New York

4) Boston

5) Baltimore

I think the Yankees and Red Sox finish one or two games apart. Somewhere around the .500 mark for each.

I think Toronto ends up being an 81-81 bust.
You certainly could be right, but they look so damn strong on paper. I've never been a big believer in a baseball team needing chemistry. You pitch the ball and you hit the ball. It's way more important to be a cohesive unit in the other three major sports. I'll be surprised if the Jays don't contend all summer.

You certainly could be right, but they look so damn strong on paper. I've never been a big believer in a baseball team needing chemistry. You pitch the ball and you hit the ball. It's way more important to be a cohesive unit in the other three major sports. I'll be surprised if the Jays don't contend all summer.
The 2009-12 Boston Red Sox say hello.

Tampa

Toronto

Boston

NYY

Baltimore

But there's really no combo that would surprise me. I guess if Baltimore won the division, that would surprise me. But only because I expect them to take a step back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2009-12 Boston Red Sox say hello.
The 70s Oakland A's return the greeting.(Before your time... ask Eephus.)

Any team could finish first and any team could finish last and it would surprise nobody.You don't need to give exact records... just 1st through 5th. I'll go with:1) Toronto2) Tampa Bay3) New York4) Boston5) BaltimoreI think the Yankees and Red Sox finish one or two games apart. Somewhere around the .500 mark for each.
Same

Tampa Bay - we finally get to see what happens when the 3rd baseman stays healthy

Baltimore - everyone points to the 1 run wins last year....but there's room to get better

Toronto - the Marlins curse

Boston - getting better

New York - too old

Beautiful day here in the Northeast, for the first time since last fall.

It's like God threw up his hands and said "What can I do... it's baseball season!"

:banned:

Ill go contrarian here....

Baltimore 91-71 they'd be everyone's darling if they got themselves Hamilton but a full year of machado and other talent on the rise, I like them

Yankees 86-76 putting big faith in their pitching to his this number

Tampa 85-77. Maddon is a genius but I think next year is their year

Toronto 82-80. Great assembly put is Joey bats going to recover from that wrist? Reyes 100 plus games in turf, dickey in the AL. All that said if Rasmus and lawrie can get to Edwin levels they could be huge. And melky is another 50 gamer waiting to happen

I'm confused. The 89-loss Jays added the heart of a 93-loss Marlins team (minus it's best couple of players) and people are ready to crown them?

What am I missing here (besides a Dickey and a guy that got popped for PEDs the minute stared to become a good player)?

Sure, the Yanks and Sox are down, but I'm not sure why we'd expect the Jays to be much of a factor.

They added reyes, beuhrle, johnson, dickey, and cabrera. Those are all good to great players. Its not rocket science

Users who are viewing this thread