What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA lacrosse tournament (1 Viewer)

Dickie Dunn

Footballguy
The Road to Philly begins with the bracket unveiling:

No. 1 Syracuse vs. Bryant ... Sunday, 7:30, ESPNU

No. 8 Penn State vs. Yale ... Saturday, 2:30, ESPNU

No. 5 North Carolina vs. Lehigh ... Saturday, noon, ESPN2

No. 4 Denver vs. Albany ... Saturday, 7:30, ESPNU

No. 3 Ohio State vs. Towson ... Sunday, 3 p.m., ESPNU

No. 6 Maryland vs. Cornell ... Sunday, 1 p.m., ESPN2

No. 7 Duke vs. Loyola ... Sunday, 5:15 p.m., ESPNU

No. 2 Notre Dame vs. Detroit ... Saturday, 5 p.m., ESPNU

Some notes:

First tournament without Johns Hopkins since 1971; also, first tournament ever without JHU or Virginia (also Princeton)

Syracuse, Penn State, Duke and Notre Dame game winners go to Lucas Oil Field for the quarterfinals, while the others go to Maryland.

UNC is No. 1 in the polls, but got dragged down by lack of marquee wins. The criteria is pretty strange, but at least it seems to committee followed the rules and didn't go rogue this year (unlike last year, making up things on the fly to take Princeton over PSU).

Denver-Albany will be a great first-round game if you like offense. North Carolina-Lehigh is a tough first round battle of contrasting styles. Few people a week ago could have envisioned Maryland-Cornell anytime other than Memorial Day weekend, until Cornell lost to Princeton in the Ivy semis.

Notre Dame gets the 2 seed despite losing to Syracuse twice in five days in the final week, each by six goals.

Defending champ Loyola likely was the last team in, with Bucknell the first out.

My buddy is a head coach at one of those perennials, who did not make it there this year. I guess I'll be rooting for Penn State, with a small interest in Maryland.

No. 1 Syracuse 12 vs. Bryant 7

No. 8 Penn State 7 vs. Yale 10

No. 5 North Carolina 16 vs. Lehigh 7

No. 4 Denver 19 vs. Albany 14

No. 3 Ohio State 16 vs. Towson 6

No. 6 Maryland 8 vs. Cornell 16

No. 7 Duke 12 vs. Loyola 11

No. 2 Notre Dame 9 vs. Detroit 7

Cornell should have been seeded. Go Big Red!

This is going to end up 'Cuse vs. Cornell for an all upstate final.
If so, hopefully Cornell doesn't gack it away like they did when I was in Foxboro in 2009.

I can't see Ohio State or either ND or Duke slowing down Cornell, but UNC could be a big problem for 'Cuse. The Heels are playing as well as any team now.

UNC is having a great year. Started season hot and ending it playing well too. I know one of their attackmen, Davey Emala.

I watch casually these day, but used to follow when i was younger. played in hs, college, then went back and coached my hs for a couple of years. great sport...

This is going to end up 'Cuse vs. Cornell for an all upstate final.
Both won today to make it to final four.
Slightly different approaches, however.

'Cuse decided to see if it was possible to win a game without scoring for almost three quarters. Meanwhile, Cornell pounded an overmatched Ohio State into submission.

Still think UNC is going to have a say in this before all is said and done.

Bummed that I missed the DU comeback - I had a soccer game of my own today and listened in the car to them making it 10-8- got home and found out they won. I watched the first qtr and a half - that opening was as bad I've seen only take away was the number of times Pios hit the post - hard to believe that UNC melted down like that.

Denver and Notre Dame playing another classic today.Perkovic was on fire for the Irish to end the 4th.

OT again

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver wins in OT 11-10 to move to the title game.

Perkovic scored 5 straight late and Denver got an absolute beauty when Berg went behind the head that will easily make the highlights tonight.

Johns Hopkins vs Maryland up next :thumbup:

Yeah, watched the ending of the Denver/ND game. Love me some college lacrosse. There's an **official** lacrosse thread here somewhere.

Hopkins almost pulled off a miracle of miracles today. Had a shot on goal to send it to OT, but it was saved. I guess I'll pull for Denver now?

Add Bill Tierny to the coaching greats Pantheon of all sports.

Going for DU's 30th NCAA title on Monday

Let's go Pios

2018 Division 1 men's bracket unveiled now:

Top eight seeds ...

1. Maryland

2. Albany

3. Yale

4. Duke

5. Johns Hopkins

6. Loyola

7. Notre Dame

8. Syracuse

Bracket ...

1. Maryland
Canisius/Robert Morris

8. Syracuse
Cornell

4. Duke
Villanova

5. Johns Hopkins
Georgetown

2. Albany
Richmond

7. Notre Dame
Denver

3. Yale
UMass

6. Loyola
Virginia

NCAA lacrosse: Full bracket, schedule, how to watch DI men's championships

MATCHUPLOCATIONDATETIME (ET)CHANNEL

First Round (8 games / 8 sites)    

(3) Yale vs. Massachusetts New Haven, CT Sat., May 12 Noon ESPNU

(4) Duke vs. Villanova Durham, NC Sat., May 12  2:15 p.m.ESPNU

(2) Albany vs. Richmond Albany, NY Sat., May 12  5 p.m.ESPNU

(6) Loyola (MD) vs. Virginia Baltimore, MD Sat., May 12  7:15 p.m.ESPNU

(1) Maryland vs. Canisius/Robert Morris College Park, MD Sun., May 13  NoonESPNU

(7) Notre Dame vs. DenverSouth Bend, IN Sun., May 13  2:15 p.m.ESPNU

(5) Johns Hopkins vs. GeorgetownBaltimore, MD Sun., May 13  5 p.m.ESPNU

(8) Syracuse vs. CornellSyracuse, NY Sun., May 13  7:15 p.m.ESPNU

Quarterfinals (4 games / 2 sites)    

TBD vs. TBDHempstead, NYSat., May 19NoonESPNU

TBD vs. TBDHempstead, NYSat., May 192:30 p.m.ESPNU

TBD vs. TBDAnnapolis, MDSun., May 20NoonESPN2

TBD vs. TBDAnnapolis, MDSun., May 202:30 p.m.ESPN2

Semifinals (Foxborough, Mass.)    

Semifinal #1Foxborough, MASat., May 26NoonESPN2

Semifinal #2Foxborough, MASat., May 262:30 p.m.ESPN2

National championship (Foxborough, Mass.)Foxborough, Mass.Mon., May 281 p.m.ESPN2

Notes Dame and Cornell got screwed. Duke and Syracuse got preferential treatment. I like Loyola’s bracket - at least until they get to Albany, who I don’t know what to make of. As a Baltimore homer, I think things look favorable for Maryland, Hopkins and Loyola. 

Great fight by my Minutemen (Gorillas!) today against No. 3 Yale. Bad third quarter was the killer. Couldn’t win the faceoff battle, barely had the ball in the third. And a couple of untimely, costly turnovers when they did.

This thing should be pretty wide open as far as getting to Gillette in two weeks.

Ive known JT Giles Harris on Duke since he was a little kid. Pulling for them. 

One of my old students made the NY Lizards this season. All the kids on my sons 2nd grade team think he is famous now. Great kid

UMass was game but never really threatened. Boring day and the premier matchup now weather delayed. If Loyola starts fast I think this could be another rout. I’ve known UVA goalie Alex Rode since he was in 8th grade - gonna be great but he’s not ready yet for Loyola’s offense 

Johns Hopkins - Georgetown in OT right now.

JH was up 3-1 before G went on a run to go up 8-3.  Then JH came back, now 9-9.

Never mind.  JH just won it to complete the comeback.

Snooze fest yesterday, fantastic action today. Quarterfinals all look to be great. Duke-JHU especially 

What a pathetic way to end a game....just flat out tackle the guy

fix your rulebook.  Yeesh

Justice for Cornell. That game never should have been at Syracuse in the first place. 

Amazing quarterfinals coming up. Still like my Maryland teams, though that JHU-Duke game is a toss up. Would love a Final Four of Maryland-Hopkins and Loyola vs. Denver-Albany winner (and that will be a great game)

Justice for Cornell. That game never should have been at Syracuse in the first place. 

Amazing quarterfinals coming up. Still like my Maryland teams, though that JHU-Duke game is a toss up. Would love a Final Four of Maryland-Hopkins and Loyola vs. Denver-Albany winner (and that will be a great game)
The refs more than made up for the slight

I can't get enough of Nanticoke...has such a unique game...saw him live when Albany played ULowell...he was a man among boys and somehow he is just a freshman...

Albany is very fun to watch.  you guys catch spirit game: pride of a nation?  includes the thompsons.  amazing stick skills.

Meh the cuse player was slipping as contact was made.  Hardly a tackle.
Yeah, definitely looked worse live than on replay.  Looked like the Syracuse guy had his arm hooked around the defender's stick, too, as he was going down.

Yale-Loyola shaping up as a potential classic midway through 2nd quarter. If you like sports it’s worth a look on ESPNU. Tho it’d be nice if someone could wipe the rain off the camera. 

3 of this weekend’s 4 games look great. Only exception is I don’t know if Cornell can hang with Maryland 

This Nanticoke from Albany is just next level. So fun to watch him compete vs a great Denver D - and win 

This Nanticoke from Albany is just next level. So fun to watch him compete vs a great Denver D - and win 
I'm in Maryland for a hockey tournament. Was thinking of heading to Annapolis tomorrow but someone told me it's a giant PIA to get in there. Anything you know about it  

I'm in Maryland for a hockey tournament. Was thinking of heading to Annapolis tomorrow but someone told me it's a giant PIA to get in there. Anything you know about it  
If you have a car and are in DC or Baltimore, it should be no problem on a Sunday morning. Parking is sometimes tough at Navy Stadium for big games but should be fine tomorrow for 20,000 or fewer 

Users who are viewing this thread