What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock? (1 Viewer)

Do you prefer Chappelle or Rock?

• Dave Chappelle

Votes: 92 73.0%
  • Chris Rock

Votes: 34 27.0%

• Total voters

17seconds

root of all aliai
Who do you think is funnier? Been wanting to ask this one for a while and another thread reminded me.

Personally I think Chappelle is a funnier guy (just look at him and you crack up) but Rock comes up with better material.

Who do you think is funnier? Been wanting to ask this one for a while and another thread reminded me. Personally I think Chappelle is a funnier guy (just look at him and you crack up) but Rock comes up with better material.
Agree. Rock > Chappelle in standup, but Chappelle > Rock in sketch comedy/movies.

Who do you think is funnier? Been wanting to ask this one for a while and another thread reminded me. Personally I think Chappelle is a funnier guy (just look at him and you crack up) but Rock comes up with better material.
Agree. Rock > Chappelle in standup, but Chappelle > Rock in sketch comedy/movies.
Where does Chris Rock's HBO show fall into the mix? Because that show on it's best day was nearly as good as Chappelle's show on Comedy Central.

Rock's funny - very funny when he cares to be.

Chappelle has a depth of understanding about humor that ranks with Chaplin, the Marxes, Allen, Mostel, Cosby, Martin & several Brookses. More than any hope i have for entertainment - even SNL being vital & hilarious again - i hope Dave finds the will once more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised Chappelle has such a large lead. Is Rock's political/paparazzi stuff playing a factor?
Chappelle was responsible for two seasons of the greatest comedy sketch show of all-time. Tons of great content and characters. Chris Rock was a couple of years where he a great standup performer, I like him. Doesn't hold a candle IMO to what Chappelle put out episode after episode.

Surprised Chappelle has such a large lead. Is Rock's political/paparazzi stuff playing a factor?
Its absurd.

I realize Chappelle has his issues, but to compare them sketch for sketch, movie for movie, etc. its not even close. Chris Rock leads this by a ton.

just compare # of things they've worked on.

Chappele wrote 9 things (1 tv show, 1 movie)

Chris Rock is a credited writer on 24 (2 tv shows, 3 movies)

Rock is credited 52 times as an actor, Chappelle 23.

But the biggest reason that Chappelle is in the lead? Rock started doing movies like "I Think I Love My Wife", "What to Expect When You're Expecting", "Death at a Funeral", "Madagascar", and "Grown Ups"... Chappelle retired.

Chappelle was responsible for two seasons of the greatest comedy sketch show of all-time. Tons of great content and characters. Chris Rock was a couple of years where he a great standup performer, I like him. Doesn't hold a candle IMO to what Chappelle put out episode after episode.
the Chappelle show wasn't that great... It was good, but it is not the GOAT, and any argument that it is is more about how it was cut short than how good it actually was.

and I think you don't realize all the stuff Rock wrote, acted in, and did...

Its absurd.

I realize Chappelle has his issues, but to compare them sketch for sketch, movie for movie, etc. its not even close. Chris Rock leads this by a ton.

But the biggest reason that Chappelle is in the lead? Rock started doing movies like "I Think I Love My Wife", "What to Expect When You're Expecting", "Death at a Funeral", "Madagascar", and "Grown Ups"... Chappelle retired.
The question isn't who has produced more material.

the Chappelle show wasn't that great... It was good, but it is not the GOAT, and any argument that it is is more about how it was cut short than how good it actually was.
No. It was great.

No. It was great.
didn't say it wasn't great. Said it wasn't the "greatest comedy sketch show of all time".

I don't think Chappelle's Show was consistent enough to be the GOAT. A handful of all-time great sketches and a whole lot of ones where Chappelle's looks and timing kept it from being terrible.

Pretty much.

That and yeah, I do hold Rock's current projects against him. Can't believe they actually made a Grown Ups 2.

Its absurd.

uʍop ǝpısdn ǝq ʇsnɯ ɹoʇıuoɯ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

Shocked this is so one sided.

Yeah, Chappelle show had some amazing sketches. But Chris Rock's first few stand up specials were just genius. Bigger and Blacker is just pure gold from beginning to end.

Its absurd. I realize Chappelle has his issues, but to compare them sketch for sketch, movie for movie, etc. its not even close. Chris Rock leads this by a ton. just compare # of things they've worked on. Chappele wrote 9 things (1 tv show, 1 movie) Chris Rock is a credited writer on 24 (2 tv shows, 3 movies) Rock is credited 52 times as an actor, Chappelle 23. But the biggest reason that Chappelle is in the lead? Rock started doing movies like "I Think I Love My Wife", "What to Expect When You're Expecting", "Death at a Funeral", "Madagascar", and "Grown Ups"... Chappelle retired.
Rob Schneider is still working, too, sport.

Its absurd. I realize Chappelle has his issues, but to compare them sketch for sketch, movie for movie, etc. its not even close. Chris Rock leads this by a ton. just compare # of things they've worked on. Chappele wrote 9 things (1 tv show, 1 movie) Chris Rock is a credited writer on 24 (2 tv shows, 3 movies) Rock is credited 52 times as an actor, Chappelle 23. But the biggest reason that Chappelle is in the lead? Rock started doing movies like "I Think I Love My Wife", "What to Expect When You're Expecting", "Death at a Funeral", "Madagascar", and "Grown Ups"... Chappelle retired.
Only in Adam Sandler movies...

lol at a bunch of white guys arguing over who is the funnier black man.

Rock or Chappelle - who do you refer to when you want to show your black co-worker you're not racist?

:goodposting: the question was who is funnier. not who has done more work. Also keep in mind that Chapelle retied at his peak. Had he decided to keep working he would likely have much more work by this point. either way both are funny, but i prefer Chapelle.

I knock Chris Rock down because of his delivery. Rock constantly repeats himself . . . con-stant-ly re-peats him-self.
If you watch the special with Louis Ck, Jerry Seinfeld and Ricky Gervais, Rock says that he has to establish the premise for a lot of his jokes otherwise the joke goes right over the head of the audience. Smart guys know the premise immediately, but to get to the larger audience he needs to flesh out the premise before he gets to the punchline.

In answer to the question, Chappelle's greatest moments exceed that of Rock, but Rock is the far better professional comedian.

Who would you rather have Emmitt Smith or Bo Jackson?

lol at a bunch of white guys arguing over who is the funnier black man. Rock or Chappelle - who do you refer to when you want to show your black co-worker you're not racist?
:goodposting: No way white folks know if/when black people are funny. May as well as us if Rihanna or Beyonce are attractive women. How the #### would we know?

I don't think Chappelle's Show was consistent enough to be the GOAT. A handful of all-time great sketches and a whole lot of ones where Chappelle's looks and timing kept it from being terrible.
What is the GOAT then?
I don't know if there is a clear greatest. Could probably use a poll. I think people would put Monty Python and SNL above Chappelle.
for standup? Hicks, Murphy, Pryor.

Users who are viewing this thread