What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction Dynasty league off season management (1 Viewer)

valence

Footballguy
Commishing a new auction dynasty league for the first time in 2013 and I was curious about how other leagues handle a few things in the offseason.

There is some concern amongst owners about how rookies are handled. I was just going to throw them into the off season auction with all the other free agents, but that brought up the concern about giving the worst teams from the previous year an advantage as you would do in a snake drafting league. They are used to drafting rookies in reverse order of finish and since this is an auction league the worst teams won't have that advantage. Do most auction dynasty leagues just forget about giving that advantage to the lesser teams or do they get extra FAAB to compensate?

I've also seen some auction leagues that do a standard snake draft for rookies but auction all the other players. This seems disingenuous to the auction format though and I'd like to keep all player acquisition happening either through trades or through auctioning.

TIA

valence, on 07 Jun 2013 - 18:17, said:I've also seen some auction leagues that do a standard snake draft for rookies but auction all the other players. This seems disingenuous to the auction format though and I'd like to keep all player acquisition happening either through trades or through auctioning.TIA
We do a separate rookie draft with defined salary numbers by draft slot. Each round is the same order, 1-12 (not a serpentine draft). Free agent auction follows.

valence, on 07 Jun 2013 - 18:17, said:

I've also seen some auction leagues that do a standard snake draft for rookies but auction all the other players. This seems disingenuous to the auction format though and I'd like to keep all player acquisition happening either through trades or through auctioning.

TIA
We do a separate rookie draft with defined salary numbers by draft slot. Each round is the same order, 1-12 (not a serpentine draft). Free agent auction follows.
Do this as well. Here's a copy of my league rules if it'll help you.http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/78804?MODULE=MESSAGE20

Thanks for the input. I guess going with a rookie draft may be the way to go. I also run a contract dynasty (not auction) league but don't want to deal with contracts this time as there are some noobs to both the dynasty and the auction formats.

Users who are viewing this thread