What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Naked and Afraid on Discovery Channel (1 Viewer)

(HULK)

(Smash)
Just caught an episode last night, I think it was the 3rd one. Loved it.

Basically, 2 strangers (a man and a woman) are marooned somewhere naked and have to surive 21 days. They get 1 item they can bring with. The one I watched the chick brought a fire starter thing and the guy had a hatchet. I don't think they could coordinate the item, it would suck to have to hatchets.

Anyone watching this?

I saw the first two episodes, was entertaining. I wonder if the two of them are sexing each other in the nights, they are naked anyways, might as well

Watched the first 2 episodes, 3rd is in the queue. Can't get enough of these survival shows. :bag:

So far it seems like these people really are suffering out there for 21 days. Barely any food. Last week they guy got his foot infected and it looked pretty painful. They allowed someone to come in and treat it and let him continue.

On Sundays, my DVR is tied up for a while. Too may shows to watch in one night.

9:00 Naked Castaway - Discovery

9:00 Mountain Men - History

9:00 Ultimate Survival Alaska - NatGeo

10:00 Life Below Zero - NatGeo

10:00 Naked and Afraid - Discovery

Will be watching it this week.

Watched the first 2 episodes, 3rd is in the queue. Can't get enough of these survival shows. :bag:

So far it seems like these people really are suffering out there for 21 days. Barely any food. Last week they guy got his foot infected and it looked pretty painful. They allowed someone to come in and treat it and let him continue.

What's the difference between nekkid and afraid and nekkid castaway?

Naked Castaway was a 3 episode series about a guy named Ed Stafford. In August 2012 Stafford filmed a three-part survival experiment for Discovery Channel where he was dropped on the uninhabited tropical island of Olorua in the Pacific for 60 days with no food or equipment to help him survive.

60 days and he brought nothing with him. (Fresh batteries and camera equipment was left every few days in a particular spot on the island for him to retrieve). This last episiode (part 4) was him discussing the experience afterward. Haven't watched it yet.

Wife and I are watching, pretty good show. The guys so far have been pretty dooshy, the women have been solid(and not awful to look at either)

IN

Naked Castaway was a 3 episode series about a guy named Ed Stafford. In August 2012 Stafford filmed a three-part survival experiment for Discovery Channel where he was dropped on the uninhabited tropical island of Olorua in the Pacific for 60 days with no food or equipment to help him survive.60 days and he brought nothing with him. (Fresh batteries and camera equipment was left every few days in a particular spot on the island for him to retrieve). This last episiode (part 4) was him discussing the experience afterward. Haven't watched it yet.
So is naked and afraid the spinoff or something?

Watched this show by accident a few weeks ago and am a fan. I've seen Costa Rica, Africa, and Maldives episodes. Good stuff. And good because it seems like a legit challenge. No intervention unless there's a medical emergency. I do get slightly annoyed by the narration at times.

Naked Castaway was a 3 episode series about a guy named Ed Stafford. In August 2012 Stafford filmed a three-part survival experiment for Discovery Channel where he was dropped on the uninhabited tropical island of Olorua in the Pacific for 60 days with no food or equipment to help him survive.

60 days and he brought nothing with him. (Fresh batteries and camera equipment was left every few days in a particular spot on the island for him to retrieve). This last episiode (part 4) was him discussing the experience afterward. Haven't watched it yet.
I watched this for the first time last night and I swear he was wearing a headlamp at one point. Guy seems to know his stuff though. They could probably rent the shelter he made out to vacationers.

What would you bring for your 1 item?

Could I bring a surival knife that had fishing lines/hooks and waterproof matches in the hilt? Or would that not be allowed? If so, that'd be my top choice initially.

What would you bring for your 1 item?

Could I bring a surival knife that had fishing lines/hooks and waterproof matches in the hilt? Or would that not be allowed? If so, that'd be my top choice initially.
I wouldn't think they'd allow multi-tools. I'd bring a knife or a firestarter. And then I'd cry to go home after a few hours.

A quick breakdown of the "winners," as I see it:

Costa Rica: Female (narrowly)

Africa: Male (narrowly, due mostly to his bad foot injury)

Maldives: Female (by a mile)

I watched this for the first time last night and I swear he was wearing a headlamp at one point. Guy seems to know his stuff though. They could probably rent the shelter he made out to vacationers.
He was wearing one of those video cameras that you strap to your head.

He was wearing one of those video cameras that you strap to your head.
Ahhh, that makes sense.

This is where You look for the shows that have a midnight re-airing for the west coast prime time and dvr some of those, if your dvr can't handle all the requests.

I find so many of these shows are much better whwn you can fast forward thru the commercials (a given) but also past the 45 seconds of replay post commercial (in case you forgot any of the poorly manufactured drama that led up to the commercial)

can they make themselves clothes?
I think in the next episode the guy's item is a sewing machine and the chick's is "a really, really long extension cord." Set your DVR.
i am just saying

if i am out there job #1 is protect my nuts

i don;t so much care if my fellow contestant is eyeing my junk, but i want to keep it covered to avoid bug bites, snake bites snagging it on a passing branch and for god's sake sunburn

so i am going all adam and eve and making myself some leaf pants as task #1

The most recent episode finally had a cute looking naked chick to look at. She was the best survivalist on the show so far as well. Glad the army dude ended up appreciating how awesome she was by the end.

Okay, I've watched all 3 so far. I think I would've faired decent in the plains of Africa and thrived on the island in the Maldives. I don't know about that jungle though. I hate snakes. No chance in hell I would attempt to kill one that poisonous either.

That army dude had the worst sunburn I've ever seen. I can't believe a fair skinned red head would sign up for something like this in the tropics. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen.

That army dude had the worst sunburn I've ever seen. I can't believe a fair skinned red head would sign up for something like this in the tropics. I'm not sure what he thought was going to happen.
" There aren't any dogs on this island" :cry:

We watched ep 3 last night. After it was over I parlayed the show title into some sexy time with the wife.

'Honey, you want to get naked and afraid with me tonight?'

Smoooooooooooth.

Wow I need to start watching this.

The one item I would bring would be a Firestarter or if I knew it was going to be an island some fishing line.
I've been thinking about this. You really need the following:

Priority 1: Source of water

Priority 2: Shelter

Priority 3: Food

So, what I would bring would depend a lot on the actual environment. For example, on that island, I wouldn't have worried about a fire starter so much. Its dry enough that you can probably make one with stuff available, and I would practice at home before going to make sure i had it down. Plus, you can get clean water out of coconuts and there are plenty available. So, I'd be thinking about bringing a fishing pole or some sort of weapon/cutting implement. Both would be pretty darn useful.

Knife doubles as a cutting implement for making rope, shelter etc. Also, attach to end of a stick and you have a fishing spear.

Wow I need to start watching this.

The one item I would bring would be a Firestarter or if I knew it was going to be an island some fishing line.
I've been thinking about this. You really need the following:

Priority 1: Source of water

Priority 2: Shelter

Priority 3: Food

So, what I would bring would depend a lot on the actual environment. For example, on that island, I wouldn't have worried about a fire starter so much. Its dry enough that you can probably make one with stuff available, and I would practice at home before going to make sure i had it down. Plus, you can get clean water out of coconuts and there are plenty available. So, I'd be thinking about bringing a fishing pole or some sort of weapon/cutting implement. Both would be pretty darn useful.
I am thinking on the island the fishing line (or a fishing net) would be best. As far as a source of water goes I can not think of a single device would you bring to provide fresh water.

Coconuts might not be plentiful, and i love fish.

Users who are viewing this thread