What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official CJ Spiller (2 Viewers)

seahawk 17

Footballguy
by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com
(5:09 pm ET) Doug Marrone has confirmed that featured back C.J. Spiller will play Thursday in Cleveland, according to NFL.com.

Spiller had been listed as questionable with an ankle injury, but is now ready to roll. "I think we feel good, think he'll be out there," Marrone said. "He's done a good job this week.

The fact that the Bills didn't promote fellow running back Ronnie Wingo from the practice squad was a strong indicator that Spiller would be active against the Browns.

<title edited by FBG Mod to help with searching>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Is he well enough to put up good numbers?", is the question. I need to decide between him and Deangelo. Wish Spiller had until Sunday. Who feels confident playing him tonight?

Sounds like a trap. I'll end up starting him and he'll have 5 carries for 23 yards.
Browns have a tough defense but I feel like Spiller is due for a big game. This game will be in primetime, on national television with the bright lights.

Browns will have Stevie Johnson locked down with Haden. The running game is a big part of Bills' offense and I could see it as the focal point tonight. Really hope they get Spiller more involved in the passing game... especially with screens. He was an absolute beast in the screen game last season and they haven't even dusted off that section of the playbook yet.

I'm going to play him as my flex option. Seems like the perfect position for him this week.

I will probably roll with him. I have Doug Martin on bye, SJax on the shelf, and D Richardson in the dog house. I could start Tate, but my final decision comes down to the fact that starting Spiller will give me a rooting interest while watching football tonight. I just hope the football gods have mercy on my team :tebow:

The way this year has gone, if I bench him he will blow up. Currently have Joquie Bell in over him but that may change.

Benching Spiller and Fred Jackson for McGahee. Not with confidence.
If these are your only options (god help you), it's sort of justifiable... The Bills run defense has been bad this year (I'm not putting a lot of faith in the Ravens game when both of their RBs were limp).

I was going to play Fred if Spiller was out. Now that Spiller is in the mix, I will most likely bench both in favor of DeAngelo.

I had him on the bench in favor of Rashard Jennings, Tavon Austin, Steve Smith, and Denarious Moore.

Yes, my team is THAT bad. Still 2-2 though!

I will probably roll with him. I have Doug Martin on bye, SJax on the shelf, and D Richardson in the dog house. I could start Tate, but my final decision comes down to the fact that starting Spiller will give me a rooting interest while watching football tonight. I just hope the football gods have mercy on my team :tebow:
your in trouble fella.... spiller is biggest first round bust this year along with dmartin.... Martin is getting 25 carries for 40 yards... pathetic... I wouldn't be surprised if spiller scored 7 or 8 at the most for ppr dip####s.

Would you rather start him and he puts up a 11 for 50 yard game..

or bench him and he goes OFF?

I'd be much happier about him going off on my bench versus starting him and he puts up another single digit performance.

Why would anyone start a gimpy RBBC RB with a rookie QB and gimpy #1 WR on the road on a Thursday night, against the league's #1 rush defense? Take off the first round pick-colored glasses for a minute and look at this objectively.

Why would anyone start a gimpy RBBC RB with a rookie QB and gimpy #1 WR on the road on a Thursday night, against the league's #1 rush defense? Take off the first round pick-colored glasses for a minute and look at this objectively.
People that don't have a deep bench of top RB's and would rather play a guy who has a shot to have a huge game over a WW type RB whos cap is 50ish total yards.

If these are your only options (god help you), it's sort of justifiable... The Bills run defense has been bad this year (I'm not putting a lot of faith in the Ravens game when both of their RBs were limp).
Yeah, that's sort of my thinking too. My other RB's are McFadden (Injured) and Ryan Matthews.

McGahee was the best available on the waiver wire. :X

Yeah, that's sort of my thinking too. My other RB's are McFadden (Injured) and Ryan Matthews.McGahee was the best available on the waiver wire. :X
I'm starting Mathews over Spiller. He had over 100 total yards this past week, and the Raiders can't stop the run.

Have Spiller, Fred, and MJD. Was leaning towards MJD as Rams run defense has been terrible, but Jax is so bad, I am going Spiller..........I think

My choice is Spiller or McGahee. I have to go with the old saying "Never bench your studs" although Spiller's stud status has been questionable at best this year...

Leaving him on my bench in favor of Rashad Jennings. :bag:

Still hoping he goes off tonight so that I can at least start him with some confidence going forward but right now I have none.

My choice is Spiller or Joique Bell in a PPR flex. Joique is the safe pick for like 9 points. Spiller can either go off for 19 or get me like 4 points. At 0-4 in this league, I might just swing for the fences with Spiller.

Sort of wish he was sitting so I wouldn't feel compelled to put him in the lineup.

I'm playing him but really don't feel good about it at all. Expecting another dud performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have spiller and fjax. Benching both. Gonna play someone like Zac Stacy, Bolden, jacquizz, or Blount off the fa pool once I decide.

in a deep league (2 flex), I'm starting FJax as my RB2 and Spiller as my flex over Mike Wallace.

My choice is Spiller or McGahee. I have to go with the old saying "Never bench your studs" although Spiller's stud status has been questionable at best this year...
Same here. Going with Spiller. I'd be happy with 10 points

Users who are viewing this thread