What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mychal Rivera (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Through four weeks, Rivera is on pace for 36 receptions, 492 yards, and four touchdowns.

Not much value in redraft but he's been on the field more than the starter (149 snaps to 135), and the HC says his in line blocking is getting better.

Seems like a decent possession receiver. Not really great measurables, decent size but nothing outstanding.

Seems like a solid player to pick up for a bye week filler in deeper leagues.

Anybody watch him play? Homers or Raider observers, please check in.

Through four weeks, Rivera is on pace for 36 receptions, 492 yards, and four touchdowns.

Not much value in redraft but he's been on the field more than the starter (149 snaps to 135), and the HC says his in line blocking is getting better.

Seems like a decent possession receiver. Not really great measurables, decent size but nothing outstanding.

Seems like a solid player to pick up for a bye week filler in deeper leagues.

Anybody watch him play? Homers or Raider observers, please check in.
If your league has bonus points for having a smoking hot sister, I'd grab him quick!

Bumping this because Rivera had a decent game (5/54/1) with McCloin.

Plays the Titans this week who are friendly to TEs.

Going forward he has a tough draw in Week 15 (KC) but otherwise has some nice matchups down the stretch (DAL, NYJ, SD).

I know he's not "the answer" but worth a flier if the waiver wire is thin?

It should be noted that he received quite a few targets while their new QB was in place this past weekend, including a TD. Just something worth noting.

Rotoworld:

Mychal Rivera is expected to be the Raiders starting tight end in 2014.
Rivera officially started just three games as a sixth-round rookie last year, but appeared in all 16 games and played on 622-of-1070 snaps (58.1 percent). He surprisingly came on strong in the second half of the year, posting a 22/233/3 line across the final eight outings. Still, we wouldn't be high on Rivera as an undersized (6'3/245) tight end that doesn't bring much speed to the table (4.81 forty at the 2013 Combine). He should face competition for the starting gig as the Raiders try to infuse talent across the board this offseason.

Source: ESPN.com

Rotoworld:

Raiders coach Dennis Allen says he views second-year TE Mychal Rivera as a "foundation piece" on offense.
Beat writer Scott Bair expects Oakland's interest in draft-eligible tight ends to be "minimal" after Rivera showed some signs of becoming a useful "move" tight end as a rookie. A 2013 sixth-round pick out of Tennessee, Rivera posted a 38-407-10.7-4 line. New Raiders QB Matt Schaub has a lengthy history of heavily targeting tight ends, though Rivera's long-range upside is capped by blocking deficiencies that will limit his snaps, and marginal 4.78 speed at 6'3/245.

Source: CSN Bay Area

I was very intrigued with this guy last year and thought there might be a real diamond in the rough to be polished. I had to cut him in a roster crunch from a dynasty team in a playoff run so I am sure that fact alone will mean he is bound for stardom.

@VicTafur: Greg Olson said "one of the guys that's shown the most improvement from a year ago is (TE) Mike Rivera." #Raiders

@VicTafur: Olson said @MychalRivera "looks more athletic, he's stronger, more confident, said to him other day there is little bit more swagger to him"

@VicTafur: Olson doesn't know if Rivera will ever be a great blocker, "but he will be an efficient blocker"

@JohnMiddlekauff: #Raiders best receiver IMO @VicTafur: Greg Olson said "one of the guys that's shown the most improvement from a yr ago is (TE) Mike Rivera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Rivera, hate Allen, hate Scaub, dislike Carr, dislike Olsen, cautiously optimistic about OL. FWIW from one Raider fan.

Mychal Rivera: Mychal Rivera catches two balls Friday Mychal Rivera - TE - OAK - Aug. 23 - 12:03 am et Mychal Rivera caught two passes for three yards in Friday's preseason game against the Packers.

Rivera soaked up all the first-team snaps at tight end with David Ausberry (knee) sidelined. A poor blocker who can't run, there's nothing to see here. Rivera, who has four catches for 29 yards this preseason, will be a rotational player this season. Aug. 23 - 12:03 am et
Ouch.

Mychal Rivera: Mychal Rivera catches two balls Friday Mychal Rivera - TE - OAK - Aug. 23 - 12:03 am et

Mychal Rivera caught two passes for three yards in Friday's preseason game against the Packers.

Rivera soaked up all the first-team snaps at tight end with David Ausberry (knee) sidelined. A poor blocker who can't run, there's nothing to see here. Rivera, who has four catches for 29 yards this preseason, will be a rotational player this season. Aug. 23 - 12:03 am et
Ouch.
Can't run? That's news to me.

Mychal Rivera: Mychal Rivera catches two balls Friday Mychal Rivera - TE - OAK - Aug. 23 - 12:03 am et

Mychal Rivera caught two passes for three yards in Friday's preseason game against the Packers.

Ouch.
Can't run? That's news to me.
Looks like he got rotoworlded.

Was extremely desperate for a starter with byes/injuries so I picked him up...probably got me the win.

I don't see anyone else stepping up so he may continue to be a good play.

Doesn't it seem like Oakland has improved somewhat under Sparano, offense and defense? It seems like a good idea to get Carr another outlet going.

Rivera has two straight decent TE weeks, 11 targets this week, 9 targets last week.

Rotoworld:

The Raiders reportedly consider TE Mychal Rivera a "key" piece.

Derek Carr is developing some serious trust with Rivera. Over the last two weeks, the second-year tight end has piled up 15-121-1 on 20 targets after posting just 13 catches in the first six games combined. An underwhelming athlete and playmaker, Rivera needs that kind of volume if he's going to land on the streaming TE1 map. Given that the Raiders project to be trailing big early against the Broncos Sunday, he should pile up targets once again.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

I am hurting with D Allen on a bye-- TE wire is crazy thin. Im guessing Ill pick him up and get a one catch 7 yard performance vs a pissed off denver defense sunday.

Rivera's last two games (8-38-2 on Sunday on 11 targets and 7-83 on 9 targets the previous week) have been impressive, in an understatement. Can he sustain this production or at least some worthwhile semblance of it? Are you guys rostering or still playing wait and see?

I just picked him up with D. Allen on a bye. It was him or Amaro. Amaro didn't get a single target last week with Vick at the helm. Made it easier for me to decide.

tunamelt warrior said:
Denver gives up the 5th most points to TEs by the way. Seattle (last week) gives up the 6th most, which was 15.8 fantasy points for Mychal Rivera in Week 9.

http://fftoolbox.scout.com/football/2014/points-allowed.cfm?pos=TE
tunamelt warrior said:
This graphic is actually a little bit better....

http://www.junkyardjake.com/Matchup/DefVsOff/season1/te.htm
Well looking at that Clay Harbor vs DAL & Richard Rodgers vs CHI should be super starts.

(Actually I think Rivera could be very good this season and long term...).

Rotoworld:

Mychal Rivera secured 6-of-8 targets for 64 yards and a touchdown in the Raiders' Week 10 loss to the Broncos.

Rivera saved his otherwise sluggish fantasy performance with an 18-yard garbage-time touchdown. Rivera has now posted stat lines of 8-73, 8-38-2, and 6-64-1 the past three weeks. Unfortunately, in Week 11 the Raiders face a Chargers defense that allows the fewest fantasy points in the league to tight ends. Rivera will be a low-end TE1 streamer.

Nov 9 - 8:05 PM

Users who are viewing this thread