What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Name the Top 10 Active Career HR Leaders (1 Viewer)

Didn't get 9 or 10. Only knew 8 because I was listening when he hit the milestone not all that long ago.

And wouldn't have thought of 2 as active. :doh:

What is pretty amazing is that number 11 is Miguel Cabrera with 365. If he were to average 30 per year for the next 10 years he would be in A-Rod territory. That is pretty amazing. The guy is a beast.

What is pretty amazing is that number 11 is Miguel Cabrera with 365. If he were to average 30 per year for the next 10 years he would be in A-Rod territory. That is pretty amazing. The guy is a beast.
Bill James' favorite toy calculator gives him a 56% chance of reaching 600 HRs, a 25% chance of 700 and a 13% shot at 763.

My guess:

ARod

Pujols

Ortiz

MIggy

Torii Hunter

Konerko

Dunn

Berkman

Giambi

Ibanez

Maybe

Teixiera

Holliday

Aramis

Beltre

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a switch-hitter on the list. Interesting.

I'm surprised Dunn is only 33. I've never followed him that closely, have not owned him once in fantasy I don't think, and I thought he was more like 37-38.

Most modern switch hitters seem to be speed guys who benefit from the shorter route to first from the left handed batters box. There are a few guys like Swisher and Sandoval but they're the exception.

Most modern switch hitters seem to be speed guys who benefit from the shorter route to first from the left handed batters box. There are a few guys like Swisher and Sandoval but they're the exception.
Somewhat true, but Chipper Jones would be fourth on the list if he had decided to hang out in the AL as a DH or something for another couple of years, and since Helton isn't really active, the next guy up should be Berkman, followed by MCabrera, then Beltran, then ARamirez, then Teixeira, So actually, switch hitters should be #10, #12, and #14. I'm just surprised one didn't sneak into the top five.

Somewhat true, but Chipper Jones would be fourth on the list if he had decided to hang out in the AL as a DH or something for another couple of years, and since Helton isn't really active, the next guy up should be Berkman, followed by MCabrera, then Beltran, then ARamirez, then Teixeira, So actually, switch hitters should be #10, #12, and #14. I'm just surprised one didn't sneak into the top five. -time
Considering that there are only 7 in the top 100 all-time, I'm not sure why this should be that surprising.

Bonus: You've listed 4 of the 7 in your post. 2 of the others should be obvious. The 7th is kind of tough (at least, I never would have thought of it.)

Somewhat true, but Chipper Jones would be fourth on the list if he had decided to hang out in the AL as a DH or something for another couple of years, and since Helton isn't really active, the next guy up should be Berkman, followed by MCabrera, then Beltran, then ARamirez, then Teixeira, So actually, switch hitters should be #10, #12, and #14. I'm just surprised one didn't sneak into the top five.
Aramis Ramirez? Alexei Ramirez? Am I missing somebody?

Somewhat true, but Chipper Jones would be fourth on the list if he had decided to hang out in the AL as a DH or something for another couple of years, and since Helton isn't really active, the next guy up should be Berkman, followed by MCabrera, then Beltran, then ARamirez, then Teixeira, So actually, switch hitters should be #10, #12, and #14. I'm just surprised one didn't sneak into the top five. -time
Considering that there are only 7 in the top 100 all-time, I'm not sure why this should be that surprising.

Bonus: You've listed 4 of the 7 in your post. 2 of the others should be obvious. The 7th is kind of tough (at least, I never would have thought of it.)
Well, switch-hitting wasn't nearly as popular before the Mick, so the historical stats don't really tell you that much. But when I scratched the surface and found that Berkman, Beltran, and Teixeira were in the top 15, and Berkman #10, it made more sense.

Mantle, Eddie Murray, and yeah, that last one is not obvious. Was Moises Alou a switch-hitter? Ruben Sierra? Chili Davis?

Not sure what you mean, but Aramis Ramirez was the "ARamirez" in my post.

Aerial Assault said:
Not sure what you mean, but Aramis Ramirez was the "ARamirez" in my post.
Thought you were saying there was a switch hitter named Ramirez :shrug:

I reread it and realized you were just saying Ramirez was #13 among active players. Can't say I remember too many of them.

Well, switch-hitting wasn't nearly as popular before the Mick, so the historical stats don't really tell you that much. But when I scratched the surface and found that Berkman, Beltran, and Teixeira were in the top 15, and Berkman #10, it made more sense.

Mantle, Eddie Murray, and yeah, that last one is not obvious. Was Moises Alou a switch-hitter? Ruben Sierra? Chili Davis?
Chili Davis is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread