What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colston (2 Viewers)

Essentially what he's done since joining the league, reach 80/1000/6+. There's no reason to believe he won't, especially since he's gotten off to very similar "slow" starts for the past 6 years. He's about as consistent a WR2 as you'll ever find.

Colston is a beast, he will continue to be Drews first read but he will also draw alot of attention from opposing corners. I think his numbers will pick up its just been one of those flow of the game things.

I expect to see a big week here sooner or later.

Teams have yet to figure out how to slow down Graham. Once they focus more attention to shutting him down it will open the door for Colston.

How Graham continues to get open and see single coverage is beyond me.

Don't let the slow start or the bad week in Chicago get you down.

I consider him a buy low and enjoy.

You folks are way more optimistic than I am. Given his age, his injury history, and the emergence of JG, I think the recent weeks may be the new norm for Colston.

You folks are way more optimistic than I am. Given his age, his injury history, and the emergence of JG, I think the recent weeks may be the new norm for Colston.
Agree with this post.

Colston has 31 targets through 5 weeks. Graham has definitely made Colston an afterthought and until someone figures out how to stop him I don't see Colston numbers getting better anytime soon.

First week in my 2nd year dynasty I'm benching him. I'm leaving him there until he makes me regret it.

Thing is, Brees doesn't even look for anyone not named Jimmy Graham in the redzone anymore. And Colston is at this point pretty much the 3rd option for Brees behind Graham and whoever is in at RB for the play. I see him somewhere with a 70/900/5 or 6 season line.

First week in my 2nd year dynasty I'm benching him. I'm leaving him there until he makes me regret it.

Thing is, Brees doesn't even look for anyone not named Jimmy Graham in the redzone anymore. And Colston is at this point pretty much the 3rd option for Brees behind Graham and whoever is in at RB for the play. I see him somewhere with a 70/900/5 or 6 season line.
I love this "Brees doesn't even look for anyone not named Jimmy Graham in the redzone anymore." Watch the games. That statement is so untrue. Colston is still a beast. I'm sure his numbers will improve as usual. That being said, Grahmam is the first option so far this year. I still feel Colston will put up solid WR2 numbers.

Yeah. He hasn't put up numbers anywhere close to a WR2 with only 1TD so far.

Not sure about his "injury history",sure he missed 6 games about 6 years ago but he's only missed 2 games in the last four years. He's still on the field most of the time and if you look at the last 4 years he's put up better numbers in the second half pretty consistently. I wouldn't discount any receiver with Drew Brees as his QB who's on the field for 90% of the offensive snaps. He's going to have some nice games this year.

Ultimately, he's on pace for 73/1001/3 after putting up a dud last week. Reception and yardage wise that puts him around 10% worse than what most experts projected. IMO the TDs will come, as they always have.

I think the buy-low window will snap shut soon. Also, if you think Colston has been a "bust" so far, imagine passing him up for Bowe lol.

I have watched a lot of NO this year and it still seems to me that Brees still looks at Colston a ton. Colston has, as it appears to me, missed a ton of catches that he would normally make. A lot of 40 yard passes that he just doesnt seem to go up for. Whether thats age, injury or whatever just citing what i see.

Not sure about his "injury history",sure he missed 6 games about 6 years ago but he's only missed 2 games in the last four years. He's still on the field most of the time and if you look at the last 4 years he's put up better numbers in the second half pretty consistently. I wouldn't discount any receiver with Drew Brees as his QB who's on the field for 90% of the offensive snaps. He's going to have some nice games this year.
He's had a lot of knee surgeries (5?) and I believe two were microfactures. That hasn't resulted in many missed games but I feel like it has to catch up to him sometime.

the guy has had nagging knee and foot injuries consistently for years. Maybe the wear is tear is finally starting to affect his play.

"You ask how much longer he wants to play and he'd say, 'No, I don't know how much longer I want to play,'" Harper said. "Stop it, Colston. Stay in your hyperbaric chamber, get your body juiced up and you'll be fine. I love that guy to death. He's so humble. He doesn't want anything from anybody. He doesn't ever want to be talked about. He hates large crowds. He's 'The Quiet Storm.' He doesn't like the extras and all that other stuff. All he does is catches touchdowns, thanks God and keeps it moving. I'm waiting on him to spike it one day. But no, he's not going to do it."
Link

This is a quote from last year but it's what scared me off of Colston long term.

guy offered me colston for denarius moore. Wasn't thinking of trading Moore or looking at Colston, so I'm a bit unsure what I think. Any thoughts? Either would be my WR#4 if it matters.

This is pretty much normal for him. It's not like JG wasn't around last year. He will have 2-3 weeks of big numbers then go back to average for several. I will say that on the last touchdown that went to Stills this week, Colston looked way more open and Brees didn't even look at him.

I do think he's on the down tick though. He's never gotten great separation but now he's not winning some of the physical battles. One game earlier this year he was so close to a multi-TD game but couldn't haul in any of them.

i was an interested colston fan for years. i moved him in my dynasty league for another, younger player. as a saints fan, let me tell you that he's not coming back to form. graham is the downfield passing game to this point for brees. colston doesn't seem to have the burst - not that he had much of one before - that he needs to get open. i don't think it's injury but drew's not seeing him open.

Brees was on fire today and Colston was nowhere to be found. Everyone from the Saints got a nice piece of the pie except Colston.

I would not consider playing him unless the Saints get some freak injuries

Colston is no longer laying himself out for balls like he had been doing earlier in the season, He also stumbled on a route. He got the targets today but he didnt do much with them. I am beginning to wonder if he is playing hurt.

Brees was on fire today and Colston was nowhere to be found. Everyone from the Saints got a nice piece of the pie except Colston.

I would not consider playing him unless the Saints get some freak injuries
Wrong, Sproles got a smaller piece of the pie than Colston.

I'm forced to play him this week due to byes/injuries, but I really want to drop him. (I was thrilled on draft day to get him and M Austin as WR 3&4 - haha).

He has had bad weeks in the past only to explode for a 3-TD game just after you bench him. Still, he's never been THIS bad. Looks like he's Brees' #4 or worse option.

I'm dropping Colston tonight for Vereen. He has proved to be useless, with three one fantasy point games in a row. Even if he does have one flash in the pan game at some point, I would not expect it to happen more than once.

If you're desperate at WR, I'd rather have any WW fodder with upside at this point. Kenny Stills would be a marvelous replacement for Colston, if he's still available.

When Brees is your QB there is always a possibility that any WR/TE on the team will have a big game but the consistency with Colston is simply not there this season (he has never had a start to a season this poor) so good luck figuring out when his big game will come. I put the over/under for his potential big games the rest of the way at 2 (and that feels generous) which means you will have to suffer through 5 or 6 (depending on your league format) mediocre/terrible games to get that value.

I traded away Snelling for Colston in after week 6, thought I was getting a steal, I cut bait on him after week 8.

I just released him....

At this point I have Dez, Fitz, and Amendola I would play ahead of him in 2 WR spots. I can't imagine feeling comfortable starting him at this point unless he blows up for a few games straight.

Wow I don't see how you cut this guy - your letting someone else pick him up for free.

I think more of his targets are going to Graham and since I also have him might use it as a hedge in my WR3 slot.

Wow I don't see how you cut this guy - your letting someone else pick him up for free.

I think more of his targets are going to Graham and since I also have him might use it as a hedge in my WR3 slot.
I really think at this point he is living off name recognition.....There are probably 4 or 5 WR's sitting on my wavier wire currently that I would rather have. Of course it is league specific....I have a short bench and needed to cover other positions. I picked up Tim Wright when I released Colston to cover my bye, but frankly i would rather play Wright than Colston if I needed a flex.

Depends on league size. He's been cut and not picked up for a couple of weeks in my 10 team with short bench. In my 12 team with long bench someone has him rostered.

Macdaddy_2004 said:

I tend to agree with this, but I'm hurting at WR. Dropped him today for Riley Cooper.

Users who are viewing this thread