What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GRONK MANIA! (1 Viewer)

@DougKyedNESN: Rob Gronkowski is playing Week 1 for the Patriots.

@DougKyedNESN: Gronk says he doesn't expect to play every snap. "Getting my feet wet."

He doesn't need to play every snap to be huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Getting my feet wet"

CLEARLY a ploy created by Bill, to lull the Fins into a false sense of security

You dont give the opponent a chance to gameplan on only having to face Gronk sparingly.

If he's playing, he's playing full tilt. This is a SuperBowl season for the Pats... almost a now or "never again" scenario in my mind.

(not literally never again... but as good a year as any)

Here you go since the ESPN Link wasn't working

"With this in mind, here's a look at how the Patriots gradually brought Gronkowski back upon his return to action last year (including penalties):

at Jets: 51 of 79

vs. Dolphins: 33 of 65

vs. Steelers: 48 of 75

at Panthers: 63 of 72

vs. Broncos: 86 of 86

A realistic expectation Sunday would be for Gronkowski to be part of a rotation or a specific package, perhaps dedicated to the red zone, where he does some of his best work."

In the four games on "limited" snaps when he came back last year:

8-114-0

2-27-0

9-143-1

5-59-1

Good for almost 18ppg in PPR leagues.

He clearly doesn't need a full compliment of snaps to do work. I'm very excited to roll him out their vs. MIA.
Some reports at the end of training camp noted that Gronk was noticeably under conditioned when he was back to taking eleven on eleven reps. Of course, you'd think to expect that, but combine a not 100% conditioned Gronk, stifling heat in Miami, and a team that usually gives the Pats offense fits, if you weren't going to play Gronk for one game this season, this certainly might be that game. I'm certainly not advocating for it, though.

In the four games on "limited" snaps when he came back last year:

8-114-0

2-27-0

9-143-1

5-59-1

Good for almost 18ppg in PPR leagues.
It's only slightly concerning that the 2/27/0 line was vs. MIA last year. Only slightly.
I remember that game, and Gronk had a 30+ yard TD called back via penalty that had nothing to do with the play.
He was on fire those 4 weeks. The offense's improvement was palpable.

LETS GET THIS GRONK TRAIN GOING

Bump, with Brady playing the full slate his value is even higher than where he's been drafted all pre-season.

The stars are aligning for a potential 1200 and 15 TD type year. Brady full year, lost their more reliable pass catching back, injuries all over the WRs, and one of the weaker Pats defenses of recent memory.

Where do you rank him with all the top WRs in a no TE required, non-ppr situation?
I don't think it's completely unreasonable to put him in the Top 5-6 of the WR's. He's the best WR (playing at TE) in a Brady offense by a large margin. Will get volume between the 20's and in the red zone, and makes his own TD's outside of the redzone. From a scarcity at the position perspective, I'd rather take him early and gamble at WR than take a top WR at the price point and have to gamble at TE.

I would take Gronk over any WR right now. Especially now Brady is playing a full season. Pats are gonna run up the score.

Nabbed Gronk at 1.7 and Brady at 6.5 in standard but you'll probably need to go up a round or two now for Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread