What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rolando McClain (1 Viewer)

Durant is rumored to be the lone 3 down LB, so McClain doesnt hold much value.
Durant hammy isn't going to last 3 games
Yep, this isn't a week one dart, this is a lets see how things look October 1 dart. He'll start off on running downs and if all goes well his role should expand. Don't want to give him too much too soon. Late to camp and a history of between the ears issues. Gradually build his plate, don't give him everything all at once.

Durant is rumored to be the lone 3 down LB, so McClain doesnt hold much value.
The DAL defense could be on the field a lot, which might enable him to hold some value. It is all relative, in deeper leagues, there generally aren't a lot of good, established three down LBs floating around on the waiver wire. He has had a several year absence from the game, so they could increase his responsibilities as he regains some of his conditioning. No doubt he is a long shot, I'm intrigued because there haven't been a lot of MLB/ILBs with his kind of pedigree in the past decade (he was 1.8, Kuechly 1.9, I think). His biggest issue seemed to be personal, but if he is past that, he is only 25. Maybe he failed in OAK because his skills just don't translate to the NFL well, but what if OAK being a dysfunctional organization contributed?

McClain had 7 solo tackles and 1 assist against the 49ers. He was a base defender in the first half, played nickel after Durant was injured.

I thought he looked pretty good, especially considering he didn't play in 2013 (and didn't finish the 2012 season).

Forgot how big he is (6'4", 260 - for context, Robert Quinn is the same height and about 5 lbs. heavier). He ran about a mid-4.6, which was the fastest for any LB over 240 lbs. at the combine. He was praised for his instincts in college (though for whatever reason, they didn't always show up in OAK), as well as being a hard worker and student of the game. In 2009, he had 4 sacks and 2 INTs, so evidence of athleticism. If he can stay healthy, he could have a shot at Comeback Player of the Year.

Speaking of how rare his pedigree is at 1.8 (for a MLB/ILB), Urlacher was also in that range, like Kuechly (both 1.9).

Praised by Marinelli

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/64291/cowboys-feel-rolando-mcclains-presence

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm entertaining the idea of aqcuiring him in some of my leagues. I haven't seen many Dallas games. What is his future in Dallas? Is he a 3 down LB? What will his role be with Lee back? Is he only on a 1 yr deal with Dallas? Has he been playing well enough to warrant more time/contract extension?

His box scores haven't really jumped out at me.

I'm entertaining the idea of aqcuiring him in some of my leagues. I haven't seen many Dallas games. What is his future in Dallas? Is he a 3 down LB? What will his role be with Lee back? Is he only on a 1 yr deal with Dallas? Has he been playing well enough to warrant more time/contract extension?

He's played very well. I'm more concerned about what he does between January and July than I am what he does between now and January.

think I saw something about them extending him, and I'm sure lee could probably just slide over to will.

yeah, here it is:

But after a season in which McClain significantly out-performs his bargain deal, the 25-year-old will likely want to be compensated like a top-20 linebacker that is still ascending and is well under 30. That is what makes these comments by Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones interesting to explore:

"We want to keep good football players that do the right thing on and off the field," Jones said Monday on KRLD-FM in Dallas, via ESPN. "Everything we see so far from Rolando is he's one of those guys. I certainly see a situation where we're going to be trying to sign him to a long-term contract and keep him here with the Dallas Cowboys. He's certainly made a difference. He goes about his business the way we want to see them go about their business.

"I think he'd be a great complement in there with Sean Lee in terms of the way Sean plays the game. It may be a situation where if he were the Mike and Sean moved over and played some Will for us, it may help Sean in terms of the wear and tear on his body. There's a lot of thoughts there. We're more focused on what's going on here right now, but he falls in that same category as DeMarco (Murray). I know he's somebody that we'd like to keep around here."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407225/article/cowboys-want-mcclain-long-term-but-at-what-cost

think I saw something about them extending him, and I'm sure lee could probably just slide over to will.

yeah, here it is:

But after a season in which McClain significantly out-performs his bargain deal, the 25-year-old will likely want to be compensated like a top-20 linebacker that is still ascending and is well under 30. That is what makes these comments by Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones interesting to explore:

"We want to keep good football players that do the right thing on and off the field," Jones said Monday on KRLD-FM in Dallas, via ESPN. "Everything we see so far from Rolando is he's one of those guys. I certainly see a situation where we're going to be trying to sign him to a long-term contract and keep him here with the Dallas Cowboys. He's certainly made a difference. He goes about his business the way we want to see them go about their business.

"I think he'd be a great complement in there with Sean Lee in terms of the way Sean plays the game. It may be a situation where if he were the Mike and Sean moved over and played some Will for us, it may help Sean in terms of the wear and tear on his body. There's a lot of thoughts there. We're more focused on what's going on here right now, but he falls in that same category as DeMarco (Murray). I know he's somebody that we'd like to keep around here."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407225/article/cowboys-want-mcclain-long-term-but-at-what-cost
Thanks! Interesting though. Does Dallas have enough dough to pay Dez, Murray, AND McClain? With as fragile as McClain is, if he is the one to walk, will he be mentally capable to handle that and pick up where he left off with another team?

(Rotoworld) Cowboys LB Rolando McClain was arrested Friday in Hartselle, Alabama on charges of second-degree possession of marijuana, carrying a firearm without a permit and a misdemeanor equipment violation.

Analysis: The incident occurred Friday afternoon at around 1:15 PM. McClain was pulled over for a window tint violation when a police officer noticed an aroma of marijuana coming from his vehicle. The 27-year-old is being held in Morgan County on $2,000 bail. Already facing an indefinite suspension for repeated substance abuse violations, this latest arrest will likely end McClain's playing career, if it wasn't over already

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread