What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else ALWAYS get smoked in week one? Last year it was Manning. This year I'm facing Lynch in both leagues. Fantasy sucks!

Getting smashed in my league.

Facing Matt Ryan (54), Bell (40) and Patterson (35) leading the other team.

My team was pretty much a no-show in the second half. All of my guys played in the early games, now I get to watch Romo/Doug Martin/DemThomas/MFloyd/Dan Bailey easily eat away at my lead.

I started Lacy and Cobb.

I have not received the happiness I felt I deserved.
I can top that: I did not deserve happiness with some of the picks I made on one team, and quite logically, I did not receive any.

Examples?

--MJD has a strong work ethic and a lot to prove; he'll be fine as a 3rd running back (2 pts)

--Brady will be ok as a low-end QB 1 now that Gronk's back (9 pts)

--THIS will be the year that Torrey Smith finally steps up as a WR1 in Baltimore (3 pts and completely outplayed by Steve Smith).

I was feeling pretty good about a week one win until the SF defense started racking up turnovers and TD's.

I will say, starting Patterson and Edelman as WR2 and 3 this week ended up working out nicely. Lets see if my Ball and Demaryius+ a 20 point cushion can beat Peyton, Floyd, and Tate.

The Cowboys as a whole were embarrassing today but the worst part is looking around the stands and there are more red jerseys than blue...

I equate that to Jerry Jones whom I hate, with all my being.

Wasn't looking good Thursday with Lacy and my opponent having Lynch but Ryan, Bell, and Green got it done!

Pretty rough week 1 for my team. Witten sucked, Fred Jackson really didn't play much, total swing and a miss at the wildcard positions (DST - Bucs, K - Crosby) makes for a tough week for my WR heavy team.

In my money league, I am going against the person who has Bell, Matt Bryant, and Julius Thomas...and Calvin Johnson still to go.

I do have Patterson and Greg Olsen...on my bench. (Olsen was a last-minute switch-out once I heard Newton was out.)

:ptts: :cry:

Who else is facing Julius Thomas?
Not facing him, just coming to the realization that Ball and Demarius Thomas were overrated picks since Manning appears to only have eyes for JT in the red zone (admittedly, I'd probably be more enthused about this on-field bromance if I'd snagged JT in the draft).

Yeah, it's the first half of the season. Too early to panic, but never too early to vent and gripe. Just a crappy opening day.

I started this team in my home league...

QB - RG3

RB - Lacy

RB - Stacy

RB - Gerhart

WR - Alshon (12 points, my top receiver)

WR - Torrey Smith

WR - Dez

TE - Olsen (My only good performance)

PK - Bryant (my #2 performer)

DEF - Steelers

Ugh.

FBG projections SUCK.
I don't know, they served me real well this week. I have a real good chance of going 4-0 this week in my dynasty leagues. Yes, that is a Brag by the way. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel great! I rolled out RG3, Charles, and Reed with Dawson lighting up those FGS. With Welker injured I made a trade of my Matt Ryan for RG3 and Robert Woods right before kick off. Unfortunately I didn't play woods because he was suppose to be behind williams and I didn't play steve smith because he's just depth right? The good news is I messed up my priority waiver wire claim last week and instead of Cleveland receiver Andrew Hawkins, I got Cleveland receiver Miles Austin. It's football season again!!

I posted this team on this forum and it got a lot of negative reviews....

Murray, Ball, Patterson, Allen, Cameron, Sanders, Thomas/Ingram, Rivers/R.Wilson, Benjamin

I even got laughs when I "reached" for patterson during my draft, and had like 4 guys tell me my team was soft (even though I beat them all last season.)

Now who's laughing? If all goes well tomorrow (I'm up by 18 points with allen and my kicker, and he has golden tate and woodhead) I'll proudly sit atop my division and conference.

Oh yeaaa!!

I got demolished and barring a game of the decade by Megatron and the Cardinals Defense. I am losing big time, here are some of the people who destroyed me. (My League is PPR/PPC so points are inflated compared to most leagues)

Matt Ryan 67.30 against my Foles 38.20
La'veon Bell Flex 62.70 against my Gerhart Flex 25.70

Cordarrelle Patterson 34.80 against my Roddy 18.20

Vernon Davis 20.40 against my Jordan Reed 1.40

Those 4 are the reason I got blown out. I love how Matt Ryan destroys me and the Saints defense while avoiding Roddy as much as possible.

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Lesean Mccoy
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
TE: Jordan Cameron
FLX: Julian Edelman
FLX: Emmanuel Sanders

Why am I down 23 pts with only Rivers and Fitz left, playing against Ryan Mathews and Michael Floyd... Oh yeah, Marshawn Lynch and Leveon Bell...

Users who are viewing this thread