What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
rotoworld -

The Bengals' official website says "indications" are that A.J. Green (toe/foot) will be able to return after the Week 4 bye.

Source: bengals.com
Sep 14 - 8:49 PM

I personally have my doubts, because turf toe injuries are very tricky.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is something g that is going to Londoner and impede him all season I hope they just let him rest and get back after the bye. Really 2 games out isn't that big a deal.

If this is something g that is going to Londoner and impede him all season I hope they just let him rest and get back after the bye. Really 2 games out isn't that big a deal.
I agree. A fully healthy AJ green who misses 3 games is better than an AJ Green who could leave the game any moment and be out for who knows how long. I can survive until after the bye.

If Stephania thinks he'll play,then he'll play.

She's the only sensible talking head in a sea of knuckleheads worth listening to.

I'd lend more credence to the decoy argument if today was Friday. However, today is Thursday and he's already practicing. Usually Fridays are where teams install their redzone, goaline, and 2 minute packages. It's also common for an injured player to sit out Wed and Thu, but play so long as they practice Friday. The fact they had him out there on a Thu and didn't bother giving him that extra day leads me to believe he is actually healthy enough to be out there practicing, thus he should play.

Also keep in mind, he was injured in the game itself. Even if he went in the back and took a cortisone shot to mask the pain, it would take time to kick in so there was no chance of it really helping him that day. However, if he takes a cortisone shot an hour or two before kickoff, he should be able to play pretty pain free for the next few hours without much chance of worsening the injury with 2 weeks to heal afterward due to the Week 4 bye.

I'd lend more credence to the decoy argument if today was Friday. However, today is Thursday and he's already practicing. Usually Fridays are where teams install their redzone, goaline, and 2 minute packages. It's also common for an injured player to sit out Wed and Thu, but play so long as they practice Friday. The fact they had him out there on a Thu and didn't bother giving him that extra day leads me to believe he is actually healthy enough to be out there practicing, thus he should play.

Also keep in mind, he was injured in the game itself. Even if he went in the back and took a cortisone shot to mask the pain, it would take time to kick in so there was no chance of it really helping him that day. However, if he takes a cortisone shot an hour or two before kickoff, he should be able to play pretty pain free for the next few hours without much chance of worsening the injury with 2 weeks to heal afterward due to the Week 4 bye.
Awesome analysis here.

Perhaps AJ is not as seriously turf toed as was initially thought.

I didn't see the game, and I know he went out early, but perhaps by the time docs had a chance to look at him, the bengals felt like they were controlling the game enough to not need him.

I'm hoping he's ready to roll.

I hate these scenarios. Maybe he plays and is just a decoy? Of course, you play him and that's the case. You sit him and he goes for 150 and 2

I just wish whatever it is that they do rest him, get the bye and comes back fresh and for the long haul

Latest from Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6438/aj-green

A.J. Green (toe) said he "feels good" and plans to play Sunday against the Titans.
After returning to practice Thursday, Green said Friday morning that there's no soreness in his toe, and if he feels like this on Sunday, he's going to be out there. We still need to keep a close eye on Green up through Sunday morning. For now, he can be penciled into lineups as a low-end WR1. There's a heightened chance for aggravation. Green's not a recommended FanDuel play. Sep 19 - 10:12 AM

So, assuming he practices, how does everyone feel about rolling him out again this week? Last week's goose egg cost me a win, but I hate to leave Green on the bench.

If he plays, you can't sit him... but I don't think it's shaping up to be a big game for him anyway. Dallas ran all over TEN last week. I think they're going to pound Gio/Hill 40+ times, dominate time of possession, and win comfortably.

If he plays, you can't sit him... but I don't think it's shaping up to be a big game for him anyway. Dallas ran all over TEN last week. I think they're going to pound Gio/Hill 40+ times, dominate time of possession, and win comfortably.
Then play action if the run game is dominating,one deep shot to Green for a TD and he's got a decent game,imop

as of now, looks like he is a go. If we owners start him, hope it's not like last week a series or two and then out with ZERO pts. I hope he is absolutely at or near 100% and not jeopardizing future returns....not only for fantasy owners but the Bengals too.

I agree. A fully healthy AJ green who misses 3 games is better than an AJ Green who could leave the game any moment and be out for who knows how long. I can survive until after the bye.
My thoughts exactly. Give him this week and the bye to get to 100%.

I am not starting him as I'm worried of a repeat of last week. Thankfully my dyno is stacked at WR and I'm starting Cobb in his spot (with DT and Julio).

It will. It takes months to heal fully.

It's very annoying where everything seems fine and one leap or one cut that for some reason the toe didn't seem to like and it's aggravated again.

I don't know the medical terminology but it's like a dislocation and sprain. Do you have a buddy whose fine and every so often throws his shoulder out with little rhyme or reason why? It's similar to that.

The Titans couldn't defend the pass last week. If McCourty sits, there's no reason to play Green. It was horrible.

ETA if he's probable I guess he's a go, then maybe they're up 21 points and he rests after. Seriously horrid pass D last week was my point

Id rather play him (if he starts) and take another 0 or 2 points...than start someone like Wayne and get my 7 points while Green goes off for 20.

Bri said:
It will. It takes months to heal fully.It's very annoying where everything seems fine and one leap or one cut that for some reason the toe didn't seem to like and it's aggravated again.

I don't know the medical terminology but it's like a dislocation and sprain. Do you have a buddy whose fine and every so often throws his shoulder out with little rhyme or reason why? It's similar to that.

The Titans couldn't defend the pass last week. If McCourty sits, there's no reason to play Green. It was horrible.

ETA if he's probable I guess he's a go, then maybe they're up 21 points and he rests after. Seriously horrid pass D last week was my point
:confused:

Bri said:
It will. It takes months to heal fully.It's very annoying where everything seems fine and one leap or one cut that for some reason the toe didn't seem to like and it's aggravated again.

:confused:
Do you have something to say here or are you just being a nuisance?

He did fine. Titans D stunk against the pass again. They got phenomenal field position all day and that dramatically affected their overall stats

Didn't look to me like the foot was bothering him when he moved around. Was nice to see him do as well as he did considering the Bengals really didn't need to throw much.

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey

A.J. Green just got carted off practice field while practice is open. He let out an audible sigh as he rode off. Possibly his toe #Bengals

@GeoffHobsonCin: AJ looks like he reaggravated toe in warmpups. He is not with WRS and getting checked

Got hurt doing plyometrics and stretching before practice per rotoworld. I just traded Megatron for him last week because of the ankle. Figures.

i didnt think he looked right sunday night... didnt seem to have much explosion off the snap... they were crediting revis for it too on TV

considering he popped up on injury report friday... not looking good in the short term

Users who are viewing this thread