What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is This Board Dying? (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
Seems like a lot less activity here than in the past. I haven't looked at any kind of metric other than a quick glance at the number of users online. FWIW, just now there were 556 users online in the last 30 minutes versus a record of over 15k.

Can't even remember the last good Friday thread that wasn't a totally obvious fishing trip. For that matter, I can't remember the last time there was a decent fishing trip...

Are you talking about the FFA or the whole forum? There's always a bit of a shift from the FFA to the Shark Pool during the football season.

Sorry. I've been on vacation in beautiful Kauai this last week. I can see why you'd think the board is dying in my absence but I assure you, everything is normal.

Are you talking about the FFA or the whole forum? There's always a bit of a shift from the FFA to the Shark Pool during the football season.
I really only visit here so my observation is limited to the FFA. I wish the Test Forum was still around. :kicksrock:

It's something I've noticed over the last few months so I guess it's independent of the shift during the season.

It must be easy enough to check--simply look at posts by month year-over-year.

Can't even remember the last good Friday thread that wasn't a totally obvious fishing trip. For that matter, I can't remember the last time there was a decent fishing trip...
You did not like the guy who got banned for taking pictures at a HS volleyball game thread?

Seems like a lot less activity here than in the past. I haven't looked at any kind of metric other than a quick glance at the number of users online. FWIW, just now there were 556 users online in the last 30 minutes versus a record of over 15k.
Makes sense. A lot of you ####ers are old. We need more youths here. Does eminence have any friends?

Makes sense. A lot of you ####ers are old. We need more youths here. Does eminence have any friends?
We used to be young.

Ball cancer ages you quickly.

I blame some of it on certain members...

Just about every thread you can see the same person show up just to wring the life out of the discussion and make it all about him.

It's no longer a free for all...it's just one big ### board to discuss his dementia.

So I could see where most people just say screw it...what's the sense of posting what I think...This guy is just gonna come in and make it all about him and his thoughts on race, religion and politics.

Why take a look when its more fun to just speculate?
That's a 3 month snapshot with no real year over year context. And it is estimated not verified. Further it really says nothing about the forums and their use.It's really not much better than speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just about every thread you can see the same person show up just to wring the life out of the discussion and make it all about him.

It's no longer a free for all...it's just one big ### board to discuss his dementia.

So I could see where most people just say screw it...what's the sense of posting what I think...This guy is just gonna come in and make it all about him and his thoughts on race, religion and politics.
Redditors call it the schochet effect

I think the point about the lack of pictures and fancier things is a good one. If I was 25 and had never been here I wouldn't spend 10 seconds on this board. I would be at reddit or whatever board is younger/funnier/more modern. I like the people here though so I keep returning.

This board is basically your parent's church.

I think the point about the lack of pictures and fancier things is a good one. If I was 25 and had never been here I wouldn't spend 10 seconds on this board. I would be at reddit or whatever board is younger/funnier/more modern. I like the people here though so I keep returning.

There is definitely some truth to this. Tech wise we have certainly fallen behind to a degree. But the other side of that is this works for what they are doing apparently.

Get off my Lawn! <_<

So you're blaming me too? Great.

I got a handy in church once. No one here has ever jacked me off.

I blame myself.
You should never have quit WW
I had to. Work demands are too high these days, I would disappear for hours or days at a clip. Everyone just misinterpreted it as avoidance and killed/lynched me. Became not worth the effort.
Thats pretty harsh reaction from your employers - you should find another job.
You hiring? I've often thought of quitting and pursuing nobler exploits, like cancer research or QA at a brewery.

Redditors call it the schochet effect
:violin:

Grow up you ####### whiners.

Users who are viewing this thread