What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Introducing the Amazon Echo (Smart Speaker) (1 Viewer)

Buddy Ball 2K3

Footballguy
LINK

Youtube Video

Amazon Echo is designed around your voice. It's always on—just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Echo begins working as soon as it hears you say the wake word, "Alexa." It's also an expertly-tuned speaker that can fill any room with immersive sound.
Echo's brain is in the cloud, running on Amazon Web Services so it continually learns and adds more functionality over time. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360° omni-directional audio to fill the room with immersive sound. Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Prime Music, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Plus, Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream your favorite music services like Spotify, iTunes, and Pandora from your phone or tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in the other thread that mysteriously disappeared, it'll be your favorite device until you unceremoniously sell it months later.

If you have a smartphone already, I don't see what this accomplishes that buying a bluetooth speaker doesn't. Maybe I'm missing something.

If you have a smartphone already, I don't see what this accomplishes that buying a bluetooth speaker doesn't. Maybe I'm missing something.
IT SAVES YOU A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS!!!

Only $100, compared to a few hundred bucks (at least) for a phone or computer that grants you Siri or Cortana access.
Here, buy this unicycle for $1700. IT'S $30K CHEAPER THAN A CAR THAT GRANTS YOU ACCESS TO 4 WHEELS.

looks like it's just a fancy radio :shrug:
An omniscient, always-on, NSA approved fancy radio though.

I added my name to Amazon's list to see if I get the $100 off offer, if I do, I'll further consider whether it would really be useful or not.

looks like it's just a fancy radio :shrug:
An omniscient, always-on, NSA approved fancy radio though.

I added my name to Amazon's list to see if I get the $100 off offer, if I do, I'll further consider whether it would really be useful or not.
Same. I'll likely end up with just a BT speaker but will wait to find out if I'm one of the "lucky" ones to get picked. It's the future now!

Looks like a fun gadget but one Id stop using after about a week. I use my ipad for all those questions and the ipad is constantly by my side.

They have pretty much alienated any consumer with the name Alexa. Blatant discrimination against strippers and future strippers imo.

I don't understand the point of this. My phone will do all of this and more and is always in my pocket when I'm in my living room anyways.

So if you Alexa it while it's playing a song that repeatedly asks a question, will it go crazy and kill everybody? Asking for a friend who's a big Baha Men fan.

Hurry up and get an invite for some crap they will be giving away in 6mos.

If this thing follows the path of the smartphone it is going to be a dud.

Hurry up and get an invite for some crap they will be giving away in 6mos.

If this thing follows the path of the smartphone it is going to be a dud.
I'm glad there are companies willing to swing and miss. Without that we'd be still on WinMo 6.

If they made it a little taller, a little better looking, put a wig on it, and attach a fleshlight to it, then it may sell.

My Prime order that was "guaranteed" to be delivered today won't be here until tomorrow. I'm so glad Amazon is focused on putting out crap like this rather than honor the terms of the service I pay for.

My Prime order that was "guaranteed" to be delivered today won't be here until tomorrow. I'm so glad Amazon is focused on putting out crap like this rather than honor the terms of the service I pay for.
Call them up. They will either give you some monetary credit or extend your Prime for a month.

Call them up. They will either give you some monetary credit or extend your Prime for a month.
Yeah, true. I don't really even care that much about the order though. I just think the direction Amazon is heading is dumb. They seem more focused on releasing watered-down Android devices that tie people into the Amazon "ecosystem" than doing what made the company what it is in the first place.

Prime is more expensive, the prices don't seem as good as they used to be, and if they can't even get the two-day delivery right, it's probably not worth it to me anymore.

Yeah, true. I don't really even care that much about the order though. I just think the direction Amazon is heading is dumb. They seem more focused on releasing watered-down Android devices that tie people into the Amazon "ecosystem" than doing what made the company what it is in the first place.

Prime is more expensive, the prices don't seem as good as they used to be, and if they can't even get the two-day delivery right, it's probably not worth it to me anymore.
Don't plan on shopping on Amazon if you drop it. I ordered an item without Prime shipping on October 29th, they shipped it October 31st, it was delivered today. It was not from a 3rd party seller, it was directly from Amazon.

GoFishTN said:
Dippa said:
Foosball God said:
Dippa said:

Don't plan on shopping on Amazon if you drop it. I ordered an item without Prime shipping on October 29th, they shipped it October 31st, it was delivered today. It was not from a 3rd party seller, it was directly from Amazon.
Wow...that's pathetic. To be fair, they were awfully busy releasing their "free" cloud photo service intended to keep people paying for Prime.

Users who are viewing this thread