What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ATL DBs (1 Viewer)

jonboltz

Footballguy
Anyone down in ATL have any insight here? I've had Ishmael as my 3-4th Safety since Moore went down, but his due to his trouble in coverage, Southward improving, Godfrey signing, and the bye week -- I have some concerns that he isn't going to be playing every down coming out of the bye. With Harrison and Meriweather on bye, I need to either start him or someone on the wire. (not much at all on the wire, very deep league). Any insight on their plans?

Major Wright may not be a bad pickup if you need someone now, he was solid last week (13 tackles 96% of the snaps) in his first week starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Claymaker said:
Major Wright may not be a bad pickup if you need someone now, he was solid last week (13 tackles 96% of the snaps) in his first week starting.
Gone. There are like 80-90 safeties alone rostered.

Anyone down in ATL have any insight here? I've had Ishmael as my 3-4th Safety since Moore went down, but his due to his trouble in coverage, Southward improving, Godfrey signing, and the bye week -- I have some concerns that he isn't going to be playing every down coming out of the bye. With Harrison and Meriweather on bye, I need to either start him or someone on the wire. (not much at all on the wire, very deep league). Any insight on their plans?
I'm not in atl, and have zero insight on this, but I wouldn't worry about godfrey, and haven't seen any indication of southward taking ishmael's lunch --- what are you seeing?

What about a guy like Will Hill for Baltimore? He played a lot vs Pitts, way more than Elam (87% to 39%) or if you just could use a guy for a week, maybe Jeron Johnson from Seattle, he is starting in place of Kam this week.

Naturally, since I dropped him, he played every snap this week. Had a strong game and his best PFF grade of the year.

Yah, it didn't bother me too much as there was no way I was going to start him this week (Harrison & Meriweather-oops) or rest of the year with Cyprien done with his bye now. It helps that I won going away. Hopefully another owner will pick him up and drop someone else I like!

What's the story with Ishmael? The last few weeks his #s have been really good, having a nice season as well. Yet his projections this week seem rather low. Any cause for concern?

What's the story with Ishmael? The last few weeks his #s have been really good, having a nice season as well. Yet his projections this week seem rather low. Any cause for concern?
William Moore is eligible to return for game action this week and I believe he started full contact practice on Tuesday. The expectation is that Ishmael will lose a ton of snaps when Moore returns. Moore is an SS and Lowery moved from FS to SS when Moore went down. The most likely scenario is that Lowery will move back to FS and supplant Ishmael when Moore returns.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-safety-moore-eager-to-test-shoulder/njGW9/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_falcons_sfp

I've owned Moore the past couple of years in a contract league. He always flies around the field like a missile and can rack up some decent points. But he also has no regard for his body and gets dinged often.

He's my #4 safety behind H.Smith, B. Ross, and B. Meriweather.

Anyone trusting Moore going forward? He wasn't doing much prior to his injury.
First of all he needs to avoid re-injuring himself. I think he did fine before he was injured; he had 6 tackles and a forced fumble in a good matchup, 6 tackles in a bad matchup, and 4 tackles in a bad matchup. He was playing closer to the line of scrimmage than what he has done in the last few seasons, and Lowery has also been playing in the box a lot in his time at SS. But you can't trust him this week and then he has the Packers, Steelers and Saints. Saints are a great matchup for both safeties and cornerbacks, but Packers and Steelers aren't considered great matchups for safeties. But who knows...if the Packers and Steelers get ahead and you'll see a ton of Bell and Lacy getting through their weak front seven there might be a lot of clean-up duty for an in the box strong safety. The ATL stat crew is quite stingy, particularly when it comes to assisted tackles. Both GBP and NOS are away games but those stat crews are nothing more than middle of the pack so there's not too much help there.

Looks like Moore is active today. What does that mean for Ishmael? No longer a feasible option (unless, of course, Moore gets hurt again)?

Users who are viewing this thread