What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: TE Luke Willson, Seahawks (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Darrell Bevell likes what he sees in Luke Willson:

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/10905/bevell-likes-what-he-sees-in-luke-wilson

By Terry Blount | ESPN.com

RENTON, Wash. Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell had a message for tight end Luke Willson after he outran several Arizona Cardinals defenders on his 80-yard touchdown last weekend.

I told him, I finally believe you run a 4.5, Bevell said. It was the first time we were able to see him run away from guys. It was awesome. We know he has that ability, but it was cool to see it in a play on the field.

As it turned out, Willson and seventh-round choice Michael Bowie, an offensive tackle now at Cleveland, were the only 2013 draft choices who made a significant contribution last season.

Willson had 20 receptions for 272 yards as a rookie, including one 39-yard TD. Hell surpass that mark this season with one catch on Sunday, but he already has three TD catches, including two at Arizona when he had a career best 139 yards receiving.

Except for the one game he missed with a sprained ankle, Willson has been the starter this season since the fourth game after Zach Miller suffered a season-ending ankle injury. The Seahawks always knew Willson could catch, but he didnt do much blocking in college.

Hes still growing in all kinds of ways, Bevell said of Willson. He wasnt a trained killer as a blocker when we first got him, but hes come a long way in that area. Well trust to put him at the point and let him battle it out. Hes done a nice job with that and hes picking it up.

At 6-5, 250, the lanky Willson has surprising speed in the open field.

Its huge for us, Bevell said of Willsons speed. We're able to have a mismatch on linebackers and the defense has to decide, OK, is the matchup the correct one to use or do we need to start putting safeties on him? That does different things for us. Sometimes it uncovers disguises [by the defense] and all those kinds of things that can open up when you have that factor in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been holding Willson in a couple of leagues. It's nice to see him produce, but how do you guys compare him against some other flier/unproven TEs in dynasty? For instance, Dion Sims, Richard Rogers, Gavin Escobar, Crockett Gilmore, etc

I've been holding Willson in a couple of leagues. It's nice to see him produce, but how do you guys compare him against some other flier/unproven TEs in dynasty? For instance, Dion Sims, Richard Rogers, Gavin Escobar, Crockett Gilmore, etc
He's got talent but there's so little upside in that offense.

Rotoworld:

Luke Willson caught four passes for 68 yards with a touchdown in Saturday's Divisional Round win over the Panthers.

Willson has been on our radar ever since the Seahawks took him in the fifth round of 2013 draft because he's 6'5/252 with 4.51 speed. He put that natural athletic on display in Week 16 against the Cardinals (3-139-2) and was at it again Saturday night. Not only did Willson show soft hands, but he busted through Panthers' would-be tacklers for tons of YAC. Volume is a concern in Seattle's run-based, spread-the-wealth attack that also has Cooper Helfet and Tony Moeaki (day to day, calf), but Willson's natural ability is evident.

Jan 10 - 11:48 PM

He's got talent but there's so little upside in that offense.
I'm not so sure about that... they run the ball well but also seem to throw to the TE quite a bit. I know Willson is playing more right now due to injury but it a situation to monitor for next season.

Users who are viewing this thread