What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I played Basketball at the local Sportsplex today. (1 Viewer)

Eminence

Footballguy
And I honestly have had more fun today than in a long time. It's fun to go out there and do something physical. Pretty much you go and you can practice layups, 3-points, free throw, mid-range shots, and if you're feeling ambitious you can try to dunk.

Either way, it feels good to be 23 years old and able to pull off cool layups and fade away shots. There are some people that were doing awesome, dunking and stuff. So I definitely reccomend if you're still abled body, to go to the gym and play basketball. Worse case scenario, you missing 25 - 30 shots in a row and leave, right?

I would really like to be able to dunk in a few months. If I can get footage of me dunking over teenagers, that could possibly be the funniest thing ever.

Let me know when you have a better jumper than LeBron. :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody who actually says "pull off cool layups" will ever be able to "dunk on teenagers".

Gotta be honest....starting to become a bit of am Em fan. The bait is really stinky, but he keeps throwing the line in the water.

Yes, shooting 3's is a very meditative thing to do. But if you can exercise and play competitive sports of any kind then that's a really good thing to do for the mind, and you don't really ever have to stop.

And I honestly have had more fun today than in a long time. It's fun to go out there and do something physical. Pretty much you go and you can practice layups, 3-points, free throw, mid-range shots, and if you're feeling ambitious you can try to dunk.

Either way, it feels good to be 23 years old and able to pull off cool layups and fade away shots. There are some people that were doing awesome, dunking and stuff. So I definitely reccomend if you're still abled body, to go to the gym and play basketball. Worse case scenario, you missing 25 - 30 shots in a row and leave, right?

I would really like to be able to dunk in a few months. If I can get footage of me dunking over teenagers, that could possibly be the funniest thing ever.
I applaud you for encouraging physical activity but you write this like you were 40-50 years old. 23? If I were 23, I'd be trying to date teenagers, never mind dunking...

Eminence said:
if you're feeling ambitious you can try to dunk . . . I would really like to be able to dunk in a few months. If I can get footage of me dunking over teenagers, that could possibly be the funniest thing ever.
Your sportsplex has 8-foot rims?

Pretty selfish of you to be out playing basketball while there is still no cure for cancer.

I used to play pickup games in the late 70s on campus at UK and one day Cliff Hagan played with us and I had to guard him. I swear that man could still hit that hook shot anywhere inside the foul line. I hit a few shots on him from about 20 to 22 ft. It was very exciting playing against a legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, arent you white? doesnt playing basketball go against your pre-conceived notions of what the different races should be doing?

So funny that Em thinks that he is going to be able dunk. Cannot wait to hear how he is going to make this happen.

I wish I was a little bit taller

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good

I would call her
I think there was an episode with Em which disproved that last line. He had a girl seemingly into him, but texts turned her off.

:lmao: :lmao:

This is why I love Em's threads... Very few misses on the follow-ups. Gonna have to reread and use up the rest of my likes in here for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread