What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

32 team Dynasty league, auction, salary cap, IDP, PPR (1 Viewer)

themojoworkin

Footballguy
This is an active league, full of owners who want year round fantasy football. This is not your mamma's league unless your mamma kicks butt.

FINAL FRONTIER: A SPACE FANTASY

www11.myfantasyleague.com/2014/home/69735#0

Open teams:

Dark Helmet (filled)
GET TO THE CHOPPA
O I Won Again Kenobi
All Leia All Day (filled)
Furyan Wrath
Which Mountain Oysters

League characteristics:

32 teams
Full IDP
One copy of each player
Offense/defense scoring puts defensive players on near equal footing.
Contract league with a salary and contract lengths
Contract restructures
Salary cap
25 man roster
Rookie Draft
Active trading/auctions

Free agent auction bidding will by on the MFL site in increments of $1, and when you win a player, the winning bid becomes his salary. You can choose any length of contract for a player that is won in free agency.

There will be no free lunch, when you cut a player, 1/2 their remaining salary x length is counted against your current year salary cap. So if you own Jamarcus Russel at $3 x 4 years left on the contract, and you cut him, $6 (3 x 4 x 0.5) is applied to you salary cap in the year he is cut.

Players with expiring contracts can be resigned, but at a higher salary, and there will only be a few salary options, meaning, maybe you will be able to sign one to a long contract, but others will only have the option of a 3 year contract or 2 year contract with a $1-$3 bump in their salary. So you will always have a chance to resign all players, but if you do it will cost you, and with the cap right it will be a challenge to keep all your players. You will have to make decisions about who to keep and who you will have to let go (just like in the NFL).

PPR, although partial PPR (0.75 PPR for WR, 0.5 PPR for RBs and 1 PPR for TEs)

Augmented DT and rush LB scoring to put them on equal footing as other defensive players.

Starting lineups

1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 RB/WR flex
1 TE
1 PK
1 DT
1 DE
1 DT/DE flex
3 LBs
1 CB
1 S
1 CB/S flex

I wanted to make it a dynasty league, but a dynasty league that rewards good team management with a relatively tight salary cap. It will be challenging to repeat/stay competitive in this format.

There will be a dispersal draft (rookie owner draft) amongst the open teams to allow you to construct your team as you see fit, rather than give you someone else's team.

Please send a brief email with some info about yourself/fantasy bio, previous experience in IDP or 32 team leagues (past experience not required, although preferred)

my email

themojoworkin@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
One had a new situation in his personal life, and the other felt that he wouldn't have time to put into making his team successful....I now have 2 openings.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread