What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there a Backstrom thread yet? (1 Viewer)

3C's

Footballguy
Fox has been airing commercials for their new series starting Jan 22 and to me it feels like House redone as a detective show. Sure enough, the description seems to say it is. If they can pull off a House like detective, I'm in.

• Premieres: Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 9/8c
The Office's Rainn Wilson plays the irascible titular sleuth in this curmudgeonly crime procedural based on the Swedish book series by Leif G. W. Persson, which was adapted by Bones creator Hart Hanson. Imagine grumpy ol' Dr. House, solving murders instead medical mysteries in the dampness of Portland, and you've got a good idea of how Backstrom operates. And whatever you do, don't call him Detective Dwight Schrute!

I have to hang up, we're looking for lesbians in a shed :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of Wilson and can't wait for this. I think the last 1-hour network drama I watched on a regular basis was NYPD Blue, so we'll see if this can hold my attention.

Part of the beauty of today's world. I don't have to start watching it until everyone says if it sucks or not.

Hopefully its a crime show where there is a mystery that happens to get solved right at the very end of each episode. There isn't enough of those.

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
It's like West Side Story except with feuding families in Padua instead of Puerto Rican gangs!
I believe you mean Verona. 10 Things I Hate About You was set in Padua.

Looks like Dwight Shrute got contacts and a new job. Jim is always the murder suspect, Pam and Erin the lesbians in a shed. (I watched way too much Office back in the day).

This show does look pretty terrible. Every time I see the previews, I think it's a bad SNL skit. "Tell that to the smoking house behind me." Umm, what?

Again, my prediction is that it lasts as long as Rake did last year.

I'll put myself as cautiously optimistic. Will hold out judgement for a couple of episodes.

So,....I watched because although I only know Rainn Wilson from "The Office", and like him from that, I wanted to see how he played a different role.

OMG it was horrible.

Horrible acting, horrible directing, horrible dialogue.

So,....I watched because although I only know Rainn Wilson from "The Office", and like him from that, I wanted to see how he played a different role.

OMG it was horrible.

So you're saying there's a chance

:lol:

Haven't watched yet and might wait a few weeks. Give it a 3 or 4 episode chance and decide then.

OMG it was horrible.

watched a bit of it while doing something else... not good. if it's supposed to be funny, not. we get it- he's a drunk, misanthropic mess. I buy that part- just make it funny or remotely smart please.

given that- I'm sure it's going to be a huge hit.

eta: and I'm old-ish. still horrible.

OMG it was horrible.

watched a bit of it while doing something else... not good. if it's supposed to be funny, not. we get it- he's a drunk, misanthropic mess. I buy that part- just make it funny or remotely smart please.

Again, the numbers were on par with Rake from last year. And that's not good. I believe Rake was cancelled after about the 2nd episode.

OMG it was horrible.

Again, the numbers were on par with Rake from last year. And that's not good. I believe Rake was cancelled after about the 2nd episode.
I'm just making assumptions based on the drek that seems to succeed.

OMG it was horrible.

I'm just making assumptions based on the drek that seems to succeed.
That drek is all on CBS though.

It seemed ok. Ihe conflict with the team seemed a little contrived. I'd give it a couple of episodes

OMG it was horrible.

Rake was better

Doesn't this kind of character need to be uncensored? I guess not with House, but it might help here.

Dennis Haysbert is too good for this show. I will give it a another chance or two but I was not impressed. But I wouldn't mind seeing more of the female cop/partner - Genevieve Angelson and the other female cop Beatrice Rosen. So there is some potential.

Users who are viewing this thread