What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts/Prayers Needed For Corbin (1 Viewer)

CurlyNight

Footballguy
Some of you may have clicked on my signature links to find my friend's nephew, a 7 year old boy in TX, is battling bone cancer. He's facing a big surgery tomorrow.

From Corbin's FB page:

"Please say a prayer tonight for Corbin... He will have surgery tomorrow at 1:30!!

They are going to put a rod in corbin's arm... the growth plate has cancer also so they will have to remove the growth plate too. Which means he will have to have surgery several times through the years of him growing to extend the rod. After he hits about 17 or 18 they may so ahead and drill holes in the right arm which is the good arm to stop the growth so they won't have to do any more surgeries to extend the left arm.
There is a major nerve that runs right over the tumor ... so he said 1st objective is to remove all cancer 2nd objective is try to save the nerve but since that nerve is right over the tumor he is afraid it has cancer cells... so more than likely he will have to remove that major nerve. In doing that... he will have numbness in that arm and not be able to lift it very high at all forever... but hopefully being so young he can over come it.
The spot on the lung... is so small they can't even biopsy it. So we will wait 6 weeks and then do another CT scan... if it still shows it then he will just go ahead and have surgery to remove it... they will have to cut him open to remove it.

What we need prayers for well everything but one specific is.... is the tumor that they will remove will have an autopsy done to it. They will see how much of the cancer has been killed by the chemo... the greater % that has been killed the less likely it is to come back."

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, will be keeping young Corbin in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Looks like he's undergoing surgery in Dallas. If he ever comes down to Houston for treatment (either at Texas Children's Hospital or MD Anderson), please let me know. Our Foundation provides free temporary housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I will. He's an amazing trooper though. Handling it much better than I think many adults would in his shoes. I'm sure Chance is an angel on his shoulder through this, too.

I don't pray, but I liked the page and wish him well.

Good luck Corbin.
It's incredibly hard on them and it never ends. One good news then another one or two bad, and on it goes... They very much appreciate the support from everyone.
I have a 1.75 yr old that I'm able to toss in the air and play with daily. Couldn't imagine not being able to. Would tear me apart to see him lay in a hospital bed for even a second. No idea what it feels like, but I consider myself lucky to have a healthy son.

I don't pray, but I liked the page and wish him well.

Good luck Corbin.
It's incredibly hard on them and it never ends. One good news then another one or two bad, and on it goes... They very much appreciate the support from everyone.
I have a 1.75 yr old that I'm able to toss in the air and play with daily. Couldn't imagine not being able to. Would tear me apart to see him lay in a hospital bed for even a second. No idea what it feels like, but I consider myself lucky to have a healthy son.
Many of us tend to go through life not even thinking of what we have, until we don't have it anymore. Cancer doesn't even run on either side with this family so it's really out of left field to them. Give thanks to all you have and tell your loved ones every day how you feel about them for there is no guarantee of what tomorrow will bring.

This cancer thing really sucks. I hope all the best for that young man....way too young to have to go through this. If I could trade places with him I would....

Whoa. What is that implant made of? Will he set off metal detectors at range?

Hope he's feeling better.
Not sure exactly what it is but I'm sure it will set off metal detectors. He'll probably have a card or something on him that lets people know he has an implant. But yeah, pain in the butt. My aunt has bilateral knee replacements and sets off detectors at the airport. Now they have the body scan she can just go through but before this, it was a note she had as proof.

Update on Corbin! Taken directly from the fb page by the family:

"I have some great news to share!!! Dr just called me and gave me final results of the biopsy and it was less than 20% alive so it killed 80% or more. .... hallelujah!! We start chemo again on Monday. He will have chemo till June. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Thank you for all your prayers!!!! God answered HUGE prayers!!!!!!!!!!!"

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

"I have some great news to share!!! Dr just called me and gave me final results of the biopsy and it was less than 20% alive so it killed 80% or more. .... hallelujah!! We start chemo again on Monday. He will have chemo till June. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Thank you for all your prayers!!!! God answered HUGE prayers!!!!!!!!!!!"

So awesome to hear. Continued prayers for the little man

Sweet news!

I ran out of likes for the day--- who came up with this lousy idea???

Thank you all for your support and wishes, which I will pass along to the family. Please continue to keep Corbin in your thoughts and prayers as this is really a life long battle for this little guy. I will update this thread as things happen (which I hope will be nothing but positive), but so far, so good! :thumbup:

Poor little guy needs your thoughts and prayers again, thank you..

shared Prayers for Corbin's post.

1 hr ·
Everyone please stop and pray for Corbin and his family this morning
Prayers for Corbin
Pray for Corbin he woke up this morning with fever. We took him to mother Frances they did blood work and his ANC is 0... so we are getting transfered to childrens. Please keep him in your prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread