What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional?

• Buffalo Bills

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 236 48.8%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 36 7.4%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 59 12.2%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 23 4.8%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 59 12.2%
  • Other Team

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters
Voted Redskins, because I give owner dysfunctionality a far higher multiplier than GM or player dysfunctionality. The Browns have a dysfunctional roster, but they can flush those parts for pretty low cost, be done with it, and build upon last year's early-season successes.

The Skins are doomed from the top down, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Voted Redskins, because I give owner dysfunctionality a far higher multiplier than GM or player dysfunctionality. The Browns have a dysfunctional roster, but they can flush those parts for pretty low cost, be done with it, and build upon last year's early-season successes.

The Skins are doomed from the top down, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
Disagree completely, but using the same criteria that you did.

Skins just hired a real, actual GM and gave him total power over the roster for the first time under Snyder.

Browns owner is the one who drafted Manziel, and the coaching staff was never really on board. Their OC just bailed for a lateral move after a single season. The owner also vetoed a Gordon trade with the 49ers that would be looking as genius as the Trent Richardson trade right about now. The Browns are lucky they fell ###-backwards into that Watkins trade last year because they need that extra first to make up for the wasted pick of Manziel that most of the organization was never behind.

If the owner is more worried about selling tickets (which was clearly the case with the push for Manziel) then you're already ####ed.

I'd be scared spitless if I was a 49ers fan right now. Legacy kid owner plus an "I'm the decider" GM? Oh yes, I'd be very afraid...

The Njners need to have their own line. They chased off a coach who got them to 3 straight NFCCGs. They are currently more dysfunctional than anyone except the Browns and Redskins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skins just hired a real, actual GM and gave him total power over the roster for the first time under Snyder.
:lmao:

Never, ever, ever going to happen. But God bless those who buy lip service from egomaniacs.

But let's face it, Cleveland's in a class of it's own. Six wins and Pettine's coach of the year. Hell, five.

49ers added at request. When I made the edit, it populated the votes for other into the 49ers category. If your vote was for any other team not currently listed, please go back and change your vote to "other".

Yeah, yeah I know all the Browns mistakes but really hard to believe so many people think Cleveland overtook Oakland in such a short period of time

I am shocked at anyone not picking the Browns.

I would have said the same thing at this time last year, but wow, it's way worse now. Increadible how crazy it is here.

I would have said the Browns BEFORE the Shanahan thing, Johnny in rehab, Johnny suspedned, Gordon Sususpend by the team, tehn Gordon out for the year, and before the Text-gate ####.

Yeah, yeah I know all the Browns mistakes but really hard to believe so many people think Cleveland overtook Oakland in such a short period of time
The poll says "currently." At the moment, the Browns are way more dysfunctional than the Raiders. If the question was "most dysfunctional over the past 10 years," then the Raiders blow everyone except the Redskins away.

Freelove, on 04 Feb 2015 - 7:50 PM, said:Freelove, on 04 Feb 2015 - 7:50 PM, said:Voted Redskins, because I give owner dysfunctionality a far higher multiplier than GM or player dysfunctionality. The Browns have a dysfunctional roster, but they can flush those parts for pretty low cost, be done with it, and build upon last year's early-season successes.

I was going to disagree with the bolded, however, you're probably right. The owner is going to be paying former coaches and front office people for at least four more years. Johnny Rehab has just three more years on a rookie contract and Josh Gordon wasn't getting paid for more than a few games per season before this latest suspension anyhow. Your comments about the Redskins are off the mark though. There's a huge difference between owners wanting to spend money, and turning over your front office every year, and now your GM could be suspended for some games. Cleveland is a mess and there is no end in sight.

ETA: Don't forget, they could have made Josh Gordon another team's problem. They must not have gotten an offer they liked via text :shrug:

:banned:

Gotta be the Browns.

Between the mess with their players (Manziel and Gordon), coaching staff (Shanahan left after a season, fired Chud last year after a season), their GM (texting plays down to the sideline) and their owner (his shady business practices), how is it not the Browns?

Skins are 2nd and I'm a Skins fan. But the Browns, they just can't seem to get out of their own way.

How the Browns are miles ahead of the Raiders just goes to show you...everything is easier when you finally have a good quarterback.

How the Browns are miles ahead of the Raiders just goes to show you...everything is easier when you finally have a good quarterback.
It starts at the top. If Al were alive he would have traded half his picks to draft Manziel and the Raiders would still be the biggest mess in football.

Haslam has no business making or influencing football decisions, but he's had his fingers in all these disasters from coddling Gordon early on and vetoing the trade for a 2nd round pick, to dumping Banner/Lombardi who had that trade ready to go and also managed to land extra 1sts in two different years, to hiring clueless meddling Mr. Text Ray Farmer who drafted man-children Manziel and Gilbert, to being much of the reason K Shanahan wanted to walk away... just pathetic. Until Haslam gets the hell out of the football operations and hires smart football people who won't draft immature losers like Gilbert and Manziel (sorry Farmer, that's not you), this team will be the laughingstock of the NFL. Haslam is the new Al Davis, without the senility but also without a shred of football sense.

How many of these go eventually to flaky owners...

I think Indy's a dark horse in this. Dat Richardson trade. And, when do you start asking, "Dude, just why can't you figure out NE's running game? It's getting silly." I mean SOMETHING.

I think Indy's a dark horse in this. Dat Richardson trade. And, when do you start asking, "Dude, just why can't you figure out NE's running game? It's getting silly." I mean SOMETHING.
Woody Johnson is a complete buffoon, but at least he mostly stays out of football operations. Now perhaps his decision making as far as his "football people" hires go may backfire at times at least he trusts them to do their job.

Woody Johnson is a complete buffoon, but at least he mostly stays out of football operations. Now perhaps his decision making as far as his "football people" hires go may backfire at times at least he trusts them to do their job.
Will we ever know what the decision making process was in the Tebow deal? BTW, how do you feel about Rex, as a Jets fan?

Will we ever know what the decision making process was in the Tebow deal? BTW, how do you feel about Rex, as a Jets fan?
Tebow was a Tannenbaum decision (at least he fell on the sword for it).

I think Rex is one of the best defensive mind in the game, but lacked in some regards as a HC. In an ideal world I wouldn't have minded him remaining as the HC, but on many levels it was time to move on, and most importantly I wanted Idzik gone and I didn't want another GM search where the candidate HAD to keep the HC in place.

I think he'll do a great job in Buffalo, and wish he landed some where else where I could root harder for his success rather than remain in the division.

The Browns were so close in really getting things going in the right direction one year ago. Instead, they are a huge mess on and off the field. The QB situation is a mess. Gordon is a one-man circus. Manziel will bring nothing but bad press. The coaching turnover continues.

The Raiders are not out of the woods yet but made positive steps last season. Mack is going to be a great. Carr will at least bring some stability to the QB position for the first time in a decade. One of the big question marks is the coaching staff.

There should be a pole for 2nd place.

And the pole choices for 1st place should be narrowed down to the Browns and Cleveland.

-QG

I think there's another kind of dysfunction that works on another level. It's hard to describe but: Bengals.

I think the Jets just made a really good hire at HC

This is the browns

Whomever made the decision to draft JFF should be fired, its probably the owner though to sell jerseys & tix, so thanks for buying the #2 jerseys, now buy the next QBs jerseys

Freelove said:

Do you mean to suggest that the Browns don't suffer from owner dysfunctionality? Their owner was the subject of a criminal investigation that he settled last summer for $92 million. Less than 24 hours ago Deadspin published this takedown (title if you don't feel like clicking through- Jimmy Haslam is the Dented-Can Store Jerry Jones) based on a La Canfora story about the owner's meddling and idiocy.

I hate Snyder with a deep passion, but I'm not sure Haslam is any better, and at least the Skins have a functional GM and a mediocre second-year head coach in place and a virtually limitless revenue stream.

Andrew74 said:
Gotta be the Browns.
This, and not particularly close imoWay down the list tied for 2nd

Jax, oak, was
In what ways are the Jags dysfunctional?
granted, its not the same type of fiasco as oak, was and cle, theyve been a mess for the better part of a decade. Aside from this past year, their drafts havent yielded a ton.

Being stubborn about sticking with mediocre qbs.

Potentially their best (read; talented) selection offensively in years, suspended multiple times. Maybe the dez bryant treatment wouldve benefitted him.

Owner who has allowed his team to play its way into a spot where they have one foot out the door.

Just seems like a mess. Albeit not the same type of mess as others mentioned.

Hey at least theres no income tax in FL!

Indy????

Any pick other than cleveland and you havent been paying attention. Either that or you have a different definition of dysfunctional than i do i guess.

Jesus, not even mentioned yet, we have a qb in hoyer who cant start for any other team in the league and still doesnt even want to be here as the starter.

Andrew74 said:
Gotta be the Browns.
This, and not particularly close imoWay down the list tied for 2nd

Jax, oak, was
In what ways are the Jags dysfunctional?
granted, its not the same type of fiasco as oak, was and cle, theyve been a mess for the better part of a decade.Aside from this past year, their drafts havent yielded a ton.

Being stubborn about sticking with mediocre qbs.

Potentially their best (read; talented) selection offensively in years, suspended multiple times. Maybe the dez bryant treatment wouldve benefitted him.

Owner who has allowed his team to play its way into a spot where they have one foot out the door.

Just seems like a mess. Albeit not the same type of mess as others mentioned.

Hey at least theres no income tax in FL!
What do you mean Dez Bryant treatment? Clubs are allowed so little contact with players after they're in treatment, I'm not sure what you expected the Jags to do.

And BTW Justin Blackmon was drafted by the former GM under the former owner. If he comes back, it is icing on the cake and a starting spot isn't guaranteed with the young WR they stockpiled.

As far as the owner, people criticize owners for being too impatient and too involved. Khan has come in and allowed Caldwell to strip the team totally down, rid the franchise of the Gene Smith stink, and rebuild it.

As far as being out the door, you do realize that Khan has invested money in the stadium for renovations and is currently in negotiations for acquiring/developing a substantial amount of riverfront property near the stadium

I think there's another kind of dysfunction that works on another level. It's hard to describe but: Bengals.
Thread title says 2015 not 2008.

-QG
With Bengals and Colts I'm talking about a different kind of dysfunction. Where you jack around at 8 and 8 year after year after year. Put Rams there too. Call it high functioning dysfunction.
WTH are you talking about

2014 NFL Indianapolis Colts* 11 5 0 Lost Conf

2013 NFL Indianapolis Colts* 11 5 0 Lost Div

2012 NFL Indianapolis Colts* 11 5 0 Lost WC

2011 NFL Indianapolis Colts 2 14 0

Users who are viewing this thread