What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 MLB Season Win O/U Lines - Pick Three (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Live from the bottom of the sea, the Atlantis posted early O/U lines

Nationals --- 93

Dodgers --- 91

Cardinals --- 87.5

Angels --- 87.5

Tigers --- 86.5

Red Sox --- 86

Pirates --- 85.5

Giants --- 85

Mariners --- 85

Orioles --- 84.5

Padres --- 84

Blue Jays --- 83.5

Royals --- 83

Athletics --- 82.5

White Sox --- 82

Cubs --- 81.5

Marlins --- 81.5

Mets --- 81

Indians --- 81

Brewers --- 80

Yankees --- 80

Reds --- 79

Rays --- 77.5

Rangers --- 76.5

Braves --- 73.5

Astros --- 73.5

D'backs --- 72.5

Rockies --- 70.5

Twins --- 68.5

Phillies --- 67

Pick three and explain your decision. Follow these instructions explicitly but nobody is going to go back in October to check up on you.

Red Sox under - no way that starting rotation = an 86 win team. Throw in a 40 yo Koji, who I think is done, they'll be lucky to be .500.

White Sox over - add one part great offseason with two parts AL Central teams (tigers / royals) taking a step back, sprinkle in some blind homerism with a splash of BONER and you have at least 86 wins

Rockies Over - because I'm naive enough to think you're getting at least 125 out of both Tulo and Cargo.

Red Sox under - no way that starting rotation = an 86 win team. Throw in a 40 yo Koji, who I think is done, they'll be lucky to be .500.

White Sox over - add one part great offseason with two parts AL Central teams (tigers / royals) taking a step back, sprinkle in some blind homerism with a splash of BONER and you have at least 86 wins

Rockies Over - because I'm naive enough to think you're getting at least 125 out of both Tulo and Cargo.
Detroit might be on a Philadelphia-esque path here. I would not be stunned if this is the year where the bottom falls out.

Cubs ov 81.5 is going to get hammered by public action, probably not wrongly.

Twins over 68.5. The Torii Hunter factor, obviously.

Red Sox under 86. Not sure that pitching staff is ready to make a 15 game improvement over last season.

Braves under 73.5. Morale is low, talent is lower.

Padres & Cubs Under - I'm not buying the hype.

Yanks Over - I hate the Yankees but the last time they went under 500 was 92.

Long Ball Larry said:
Who is in the Pirates' rotation now? I'm thinking the under there.
Cole, Liriano, Burnett, & 2 of Morton, Locke & Worley. Same as last year only Burnett replaces Volquez.

They got lucky not to go under last year.

But, I'd take Yankees over, too. They got almost nothing out of their infield last year, whereas this year they'll at least have a pretty good defense. Even moreso if BCY moves The Corpse of Carlos Beltran into a DH-share with A-Rod (?) and Teix (??), whomever's not playing 1B I guess. If someone out of the Ivan Nova/Scott Baker/Chris Capuano pu-pu platter can reasonably resemble a MLB pitcher, I could see them in the wild-card conversation.

They got lucky not to go under last year.

But, I'd take Yankees over, too. They got almost nothing out of their infield last year, whereas this year they'll at least have a pretty good defense. Even moreso if BCY moves The Corpse of Carlos Beltran into a DH-share with A-Rod (?) and Teix (??), whomever's not playing 1B I guess. If someone out of the Ivan Nova/Scott Baker/Chris Capuano pu-pu platter can reasonably resemble a MLB pitcher, I could see them in the wild-card conversation.
Its not likely to happen, but a healthy Tanaka, Pineda, CC is a top 3 I'd go into battle with against any AL East team. Oddly intrigued to see if CC has one or two more serviceable years left in him.

Royals under: 83 wins is one under their 2014 Pythagorean wins number and Morales, Volquez and Rios are all downgrades.

Twins over: They seem like they're on a very low trajectory rise. 70 wins is doable.

Tigers under: This situation could get ugly.

Its not likely to happen, but a healthy Tanaka, Pineda, CC is a top 3 I'd go into battle with against any AL East team.
Sabathia was healthy in 2013, and was terrible. Not sure why anyone thinks he is going to anything other than mediocre at best, regardless of health.

Thought he had injury issues then too, but looking back it appears that it was probably a hammy he pulled in late Sept that mercifully ended his season that I'm remembering

Nationals over- because the NL east might really suck and the Nationals really don't suck

Mariners under- because the Mariners always disappoint

Astros under- because I still think they're a couple years away from not being really bad

Over Mets- that rotation is too good to ignore and the NL East after the powerhouse Nats is weak at best

Over Yanks- bullpen is really good, lineup should be decent, rotation is doody but Girardi always manages to figure something out

Over Cubs- good manager, lester and arrieta, and a young potential studly lineup? Sign me up

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Ball Larry said:
Who is in the Pirates' rotation now? I'm thinking the under there.
Cole, Liriano, Burnett, & 2 of Morton, Locke & Worley. Same as last year only Burnett replaces Volquez.
Yup with possible contributions from Taillon and Kingham at some point during the season. I feel like the Buccos have a lot of question marks this year but they certainly have the potential to win the division. They should have a lot of depth all around. The only thing that would shock me is if they finished under .500.

Indians over 81 is the one I like the most... won 85 last year and I expect an uptick in production from some of their younger arms.

Braves under 73.5. Great top of rotation but atrocious offense.

White Sox over 82. Tons of upgrades and they always seem to overperform anyway.

Nats over 93. Can survive a catastrophic pitching injury... top of list is always too low, and 2 awful teams in their division.

Over Mets- that rotation is too good to ignore
Meh. Their rotation is plenty not good enough to ignore
harvey, wheeler, degrom are all legit and niese, colon, and gee are no slouches. Whats not to like?
This would have been a good offseason to spend a bit on offense. I assumed the early movement on Cuddyer was the predecessor to bidding on another qualifying offer FA because they'd already sacrificed the 1st round pick. But that was the Mets' winter except for the all-junior exchange of Eric Young and John Mayberry.

Good Posting Judge said:
Limp Ditka said:

Detroit might be on a Philadelphia-esque path here. I would not be stunned if this is the year where the bottom falls out.

:wub:

oso diablo said:
1. Rangers over

2. Braves under

3. Red Sox under
Rangers:

last year was an all-time MLB record for DL days and players used

managerial upgrade

still lots of talent

Braves:

atrocious off-season moves

RedSox:

completely underwhelming rotation

Royals under 83 - added nothing, lost a lot, lousy manager, don't see any returning young talent making big leaps. Only argument I can see in their favor is the rest of the division could crater and someone has to win it. But damn, the entire pitching staff is going to miss Shields.

Rangers over 76.5 - everyone in that organization had stints on the DL last season, including the hot dog vendors. Removing Ron Washington as manager is addition by subtraction.

Braves under 73.5 - organization seems committed to zero ####s given about winning this season, cutting costs and adding prospects until they open their new ballpark

Stros and Cubs over. Pirates under.

Stros and Cubs are not contenders - but are far better than they played last year and have youth on the way if not there. Buccos are due for a dropoff.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Rangers over 76.5 - everyone in that organization had stints on the DL last season, including the hot dog vendors. Removing Ron Washington as manager is addition by subtraction.
A lot of Rangers love. Yeah they were historically unfortunate last year. They also won 67 games. How much more than +9 do they get from health? Even that seems a little optimistic. Fielder and Choo are coming off pretty scary injuries.

Bruce Dickinson said:
A lot of Rangers love. Yeah they were historically unfortunate last year. They also won 67 games. How much more than +9 do they get from health? Even that seems a little optimistic. Fielder and Choo are coming off pretty scary injuries.
Split the difference between 2013's 91 wins and 2014's 67 and you're at 79. I figure kicking Washington to the curb is worth a win or two as well.

Bruce Dickinson said:
Split the difference between 2013's 91 wins and 2014's 67 and you're at 79. I figure kicking Washington to the curb is worth a win or two as well.
Not much pitching past Darvish

Rangers won 91 games in 2013 with Darvish & Holland as the only 2 full-time starters (30+ starts). Martin Perez (age 22) had a nice rookie season with ~20 starts, and the rest was just pieced together.

This year, they have Darvish, Holland, and now also Gallardo, a quality workhorse. I'm not worried about the rotation.

Bullpen is a concern.

under the hyped leaders: Nationals --- 93 Dodgers --- 91
Yeah I don't think I'd ever wager a team over 90 wins unless we are talking the 1950s Yankees or something. Nats should win 93 in a weak division and with their talent, but a couple of bad weeks can derail that 93 win train. Plus they probably need only 88 if that to win that division, pass.

Dodgers might be a slightly better bet at 91 but that division looks a little better this year with the Padres and Rockies both seemingly moving in the right direction, and the Giants being the Giants.

:wub:
52 Wins.

Users who are viewing this thread