What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vikings - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Wish this was on Netflix. Looks right up my alley.
This and "The Americans" are owned currently by Amazon Prime..
I saw that. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to run with both netflix and amazon and I like netflix's original stuff a lot better.

I get Amazon Prime for free, but just the shipping portion. So paying the annual fee for just the streaming doesn't sound nearly as good.

Wish this was on Netflix. Looks right up my alley.
This and "The Americans" are owned currently by Amazon Prime..
I saw that. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to run with both netflix and amazon and I like netflix's original stuff a lot better.

I get Amazon Prime for free, but just the shipping portion. So paying the annual fee for just the streaming doesn't sound nearly as good.
if you have the netflix DVD option you can just put the discs in your queue. I wouldn't pay for prime if you already have the shipping benefits either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the battle scenes this season are better.
That was really my only complaint. Not just the lack of budget preventing a huge cast for the battles but outside of the key figures, a lot of the background fighting looked more like a tussle. Just kinda bumping into each other and waving weapons around.

looking forward to season 3. I've been watching the short recap clips they've been running and they got me psyched for the return.

So what was the deal with Lagertha's visit to the fortune teller at the beginning?

Is the sick baby supposed to be Ivar the Boneless?

And you know Ecbert flirting with Lagertha will end well.

So what was the deal with Lagertha's visit to the fortune teller at the beginning?

Is the sick baby supposed to be Ivar the Boneless?

And you know Ecbert flirting with Lagertha will end well.
yes. the ragnar story is based on that line of mythology.

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the battle scenes this season are better.
That was really my only complaint. Not just the lack of budget preventing a huge cast for the battles but outside of the key figures, a lot of the background fighting looked more like a tussle. Just kinda bumping into each other and waving weapons around.

looking forward to season 3. I've been watching the short recap clips they've been running and they got me psyched for the return.
I don't watch it for fighting.

I don't watch it for fighting.
Me neither. Love the show. It's my only complaint and it's actually a little funny when you watch them in the background.

First episode I've watched.. Will be the last. Meh.

And I am a sucker for Viking lore.
You should have watched from beginning. Seriously, who watches the season 3 premiere of a show and judges it?
Given it is all I have to go off of (seriously).... Me.
Watch the pilot episode and see if you like it. It's a really good story, especially if you're interested in history.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
that episode was a bit of a snoozer
It was obviously a resetting the table story. Definitely a bad choice of 1st ever episodes to watch.

The 2 armies on opposite sides of the river was really bad writing. Maybe that actually happened at some point in history, but you'd have to be a complete idiot to deploy your forces that way. As a result there was zero tension in that battle. I'm just glad it was Floki who axed the king rather than a cliched showdown between the king and Ragnar. Then again it was also stupid that the king just sat there and did absolutely nothing to avoid getting killed.
But at least half the characters got new hairdos - so that was nice.

The split army thing was moronic. What terrible writing.

The rest was good though.
I don't think it is bad writing at all. Stuff like that has happened. Neither of the usurpers was going to give up "their" forces and defer sole leadership to the other, and dealing with longboats would be something new to them. They probably thought they'd catch them in a crossfire and decimate them. Oops. Bad plan, but not necessarily bad writing.

Waterloo was the same type of deal, only it didn't work out for the smaller force.

appeared as though the queen had an orgasm when the king got smoked by Floki
I got the impression she was kind of horrified that the Vikings kicked her uncle's ###, sort of like there was a bigger plan in play to severely lessen the Viking numbers. Kind of convenient how none of the Vikings that stayed behind with her the first time survived.

Wow, a couple of tough scenes.

Not sure I "get" the dream sequences. At first I thought the guy in the dream was supposed to represent the upstart guy in Lagertha's village but Floki's wife meets a guy at the market who looks nothing like him. Is this stranger going to bring a plague or something?

And at the very end is that Athelstan's stigmata bleeding again? Is this because of the Odin statue and he has to choose which God to follow?

Not sure I "get" the dream sequences. At first I thought the guy in the dream was supposed to represent the upstart guy in Lagertha's village but Floki's wife meets a guy at the market who looks nothing like him. Is this stranger going to bring a plague or something?
Maybe he's a Christian missionary?

I don't know, the show's getting a little silly if you ask me. My favorite is the 80 pound supermodel shield maiden killing everyone is sight during battle. She looks like she couldn't even lift a sword.

I do like the freaky English chicks this season. If I were Athelstan I would've mounted that freak right there in the confessional. When you're done, ask for forgivenesses, say your penance, and wipe the slate clean.

My girl is watching this and I'm half paying attention.

I find the writing and acting to be weak.

But, not every show can be Game of Thrones.

"In the meantime Floki . . . . Shut your face"

Pretty intense episode last night. War scenes getting much better.

Interesting show last night. Lagaertha was surprisingly decent with her acting. The bath tub scene could have been choreographed a little better though.

Pretty intense episode last night. War scenes getting much better.
Agree about the battles - getting much bigger and better. Overall I thought this episode was one of the best of the series. I forget exactly what the dialog was but I liked the conversation between Ragnar and the Prince begging for mercy.

That was a weird episode. Did I miss why Rollo attacked that prisoners groin? It seemed he was on drugs the way he was acting.
He brought something in a bowl to Torststein to help him with the pain from the arrow in the arm. He was nibbling on it with him. I'm guessing some kind of magic mushrooms.

Loved the line.

I find it interesting how both Kings' advisors are against them dealing with other based upon the other's religion.

Users who are viewing this thread