What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baylor WR Josh Gordon (1 Viewer)

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking
Staff member
WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.
Baylor WR Josh Gordon:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/645846-baylor-wr-josh-gordon/

Maybe the thread title should now be Browns WR instead of Baylor WR Josh Gordon or even Troubled WR Josh Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the value on this guy now? Would you give up/accept a mid-first rounder for him? early second?

I don't own him in any leagues but had tried to acquire him in the past and was turned down for some offers that I don't think I would make today.

What's the value on this guy now? Would you give up/accept a mid-first rounder for him? early second?

I don't own him in any leagues but had tried to acquire him in the past and was turned down for some offers that I don't think I would make today.
Traded him away a few weeks ago in a $250 ppr dynasty for Moncrief and 2.10 rookie pick.

OMG! Please stop with this stuff, he is done move the @@@@ on.

Yep he's toast.

Wooderson said:
irish eyes said:

Yep he's toast.
Really Irish Eyes? He'll be 24 years old in April. There's a pinned thread at the top of this message board on him - maybe you're the one that needs to #### and scroll on. I'll take it he's sitting on waivers for all of your dynasty leagues, right? There is still value there, morons.

His latest transgression was allegedly for alcohol... his response is here:

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3

Got him for a third-rounder today.
You were hoodwinked
I haven't had any luck trying to get him on the cheap. I'd pay a 3rd in a heartbeat.
I'm in the camp that says he can't make it to 2016 without ####### up again.
Could be but if he gets close his value will rise. #### look what happened this year. His value whip sawed from top half of first round to 5th-8th round of startups to back to 2nd/3rd round before latest suspension. If he gets halfway through 2015 with no issue he probably could net a first rounder. Seems like a decent risk to take.

Reports were he was unprepared and out of shape last season upon returning... I can only imagine what over a year away will do to him.

If your league credits sold cars, you just got a steal!

Just my :2cents:

I wish him the best, but I think the odds are tremendously stacked against him. He's sort of a moron.

So, after reading Memphis Foundry's post at the top, my interpretation is that Soulfly3 has been a MAJOR player in sloooowwwwing down our board due to excessive Josh Gordon posting.

Soulfly, you are a bad, bad man. :D

Bruce, trust me - this thread missing will go down as one of the travesty in FBG's history.

It was a true gem.

Got a guy in my league that won't let him go for less than a HIGH first round rookie pick.
You play in a league with Soulfly3?
Don't think so. This is a dynasty league that is about 10 years old and I've never completed a trade with the guy. His motto is "I'm not just giving him away." About 5-7 years ago I needed a backup QB because my starter was rumored to have a pretty bad injury and may have missed the start of the season... I asked for his third string QB and he wanted a WR1 in return for him. His 3rd string QB was out of the league two years later and I just traded away that WR1 last year for a 1st round rookie pick this year.

Got a guy in my league that won't let him go for less than a HIGH first round rookie pick.
High first? More like high firstS for me to even begin to consider it
Not being sarcastic or a jackass, but are you serious?
Yes.

If he blows it before next season, RIP. Id rather keep him tucked snug in my IR and hold off a year than sell for #### and he returns and beasts.

I got a deep WR corps tho. If you dont, then sure... Sell away

CE, you're kinda new to all this Gordon / Soulfly3 stuff, but the old thread was a loooooooong one and poor Soulfly was faithful through the ups and downs and speculation and suspensions and reinstatements and re-suspensions, etc. He has taken quite a beating from some here who think he's either nuts or schtick, but God love him he's loyal to his WR Gordon, and over time I've developed a warm fuzzy feeling for him. I'd love to sit down and have a beer with him some day. Ya he's wacked concerning Gordon (probably), but it's all good fun.

Yes.

If he blows it before next season, RIP. Id rather keep him tucked snug in my IR and hold off a year than sell for #### and he returns and beasts.

I wish I played in a league that allowed suspended players to sit on IR

Yep he's toast.
Really Irish Eyes? He'll be 24 years old in April. There's a pinned thread at the top of this message board on him - maybe you're the one that needs to #### and scroll on. I'll take it he's sitting on waivers for all of your dynasty leagues, right? There is still value there, morons.

His latest transgression was allegedly for alcohol... his response is here:

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3
Jesus

Bruce Hammond said:
-CE- said:
Soulfly3 said:
fantasycurse42 said:
-CE- said:
CE, you're kinda new to all this Gordon / Soulfly3 stuff, but the old thread was a loooooooong one and poor Soulfly was faithful through the ups and downs and speculation and suspensions and reinstatements and re-suspensions, etc. He has taken quite a beating from some here who think he's either nuts or schtick, but God love him he's loyal to his WR Gordon, and over time I've developed a warm fuzzy feeling for him. I'd love to sit down and have a beer with him some day. Ya he's wacked concerning Gordon (probably), but it's all good fun.
You out of your element CE.

Bucky86 said:
Soulfly3 said:
-CE- said:
Soulfly3 said:
fantasycurse42 said:
-CE- said:
Yes.

I wish I played in a league that allowed suspended players to sit on IR
We don't. Have to keep him on active roster. You draft a knucklehead and this is one of the consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread