What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madden Mobile (1 Viewer)

So nobody?

:tumbleweed:

Anyhow, check it out. Free app for IOS and probably Android. Pretty addicting, especially when building your team to a powerhouse.

Started playing a few weeks ago, really enjoying it. My team right now is 89 Offense, 88 Defense, 90 Special.

Just this weekend hit a Quicksell for 1,000,000 Madden coins, so instead of playing for a new 7500 coin pack every few days, going to try and do some serious damage in the Auction House.

There are some flaws with the player rankings and with how the economics are being worked, but overall a fun game to have on the phone while needing the occasional time waster.

Just started playing - team is currently 80 overall, 78 offense, 84 defense, 70 special teams. Son got me hooked, now we're competing to see who can put together the most powerful team. Biggest problem is getting WR talent...

Just started playing - team is currently 80 overall, 78 offense, 84 defense, 70 special teams. Son got me hooked, now we're competing to see who can put together the most powerful team. Biggest problem is getting WR talent...
You can try and snipe WR talent specifically in the Auction House. Do a search for WR at the skill level you want (say 85-99) and the price you want to pay (Buy It Now). They drop new players every five minutes, so you can sometimes get really good players cheap if you are quick enough.

Thanks for the WR tip. Picked up a Maclin (92) and Douglas (86) - feeling much better. Still have my original 60 center and a bad RT, surrounded by all 85+ guys. Hit a 500k quicksell in the Road to Riches Live Event. Given the Auction House prices are cheaper during work days, I may use it to buy 99's at a discount on a Tuesday, then sell them on a Saturday.

Got my team up to a 91 Offense, 92 Defense, 90 Special and realized I wasn't having as much fun trying to push for those super elite guys. So going to sell off all of my elites and try and make the best Cowboys team I can, and enjoy playing with that team. Already with the best Romo and best Murray, so have a good start.

is this a simulation game?
No, you can actually play the game.

In Season Mode you are playing 4 quarter (but only 45 second or 1 min quarter) games against the computer, offense, defense and special teams. Full season and playoffs. From what I can see, unlimited seasons. I'm in season 4.

In Head to Head, you are playing against other players, both swapping between 3 offensive series with no time limit. You don't play defense, but you can set up your defense to defend against certain plays.

In Live Events, you are doing certain tasks: rush for 30 yards in 5 attempts, throw to your TE for 45 yards, Oklahoma Drill, etc.

Quick note to those that might be playing:

August 15th, EA is resetting the game. You will lose all Madden Coins, Head-To-Head rankings, everything except Madden Cash (you paid real money for that so you keep that). Your current team will be put "in a trophy case as a legacy team" and everyone will start from scratch.

I personally am looking forward to the reset, too many teams are maxed out and the Auction House economy is out of control. Everyone starting from square one will be a refreshing change of pace.

I think it would be fun to have an FBG league after the reset, so just let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm in for a Football Guy league for sure. I started a league called "Season Score chasers" feel free to join that one and that will get the ball rolling. Even if/when it resets, we'll at least know who each other are on the game to find each other again.

Got my team up to a 96 overall so far, 97 offense, 95 defense, 93 special teams.

All my offensive players are 94 or higher, on defense I've got 2 91's, 1 92, and the rest are 94 or higher. On special teams, my punter is an 87.

The NFL draft was huge for me, I have 8 draft players in my starting lineup. The best move I made was buying 6 position hero FB cards to get Bruce Miller. I saved about 50k in coins vs. just buying him outright. Since then, my running game out of the I is sick as he blows guys up all over the place. I made the Von Miller combine set and I'm sitting on one more full set hoping they bring one more 99 out before the reset.

I haven't spent any money plus I only started about 2 months ago, so I have no issues with the reset. Next go around I won't be spending any money on special teams except a field goal kicker. I rarely punt, and have had no noticeable success in my return game.

Reboot of the game is in full effect, with everyone starting over on the 19th. Good time to get in the game while everyone is at the same starting point.

Reboot of the game is in full effect, with everyone starting over on the 19th. Good time to get in the game while everyone is at the same starting point.
Who else is in for a FBG league in this?
I'm in a pretty good league of old pot smokers right now. The leader searched for weed terms and found me. But would be willing to move for an FBG league. I think it would be a lot more fun, plus the board would be valuable in helping out each other. The chat screen on the game sux.

Can someone give me a quick tutorial?

I started playing and it's pretty fun, but I'm a little confused. I don't want to spend any real money on this, so is it possible to play and compete without micro transactions?

I did earn a pack already and got Todd Gurley so that was pretty cool.

I started playing and it's pretty fun, but I'm a little confused. I don't want to spend any real money on this, so is it possible to play and compete without micro transactions?

You can play and have fun without spending real money. Madden Coins you earn for winning season games, completing live events, winning head-to-head games. With the Coins you can buy Pro Pack and other special Packs that come out. You can also bid on players in the Auction House. You can also sell players in the Auction House for coins. The majority of the game's economy revolves around Madden Coins.

Madden Cash is what you get with real money. With cash you can buy bigger, better packs and build up a better team faster. But what is the fun in that?

The challenge is in grinding, making your team better a little bit at a time and just having fun playing the game.

If you have any specific questions, just fire away. Someone will answer.

You can play and have fun without spending real money. Madden Coins you earn for winning season games, completing live events, winning head-to-head games. With the Coins you can buy Pro Pack and other special Packs that come out. You can also bid on players in the Auction House. You can also sell players in the Auction House for coins. The majority of the game's economy revolves around Madden Coins.

Madden Cash is what you get with real money. With cash you can buy bigger, better packs and build up a better team faster. But what is the fun in that?

The challenge is in grinding, making your team better a little bit at a time and just having fun playing the game.

Thanks

Do players get better or do you just keep upgrading?

Also so far it seems easy. I've got 7 games going and haven't been stopped yet.

I thought I won an auction - I ended as the high bid on Blake Bortles for $4700 coins. It went into pending - now it's been like an hour and I don't have Bortles or my coins back? What's the deal?

I just got in. I played MUT on madden 25 for 360 and spent Ron COC money. Bought it last year for Xbox one and just couldn't get into it. I guess I'm just too old for the systems these kids play nowadays.

Thanks

Do players get better or do you just keep upgrading?

Also so far it seems easy. I've got 7 games going and haven't been stopped yet.
Upgrading. It gets harder as it gets going. I also suspect that some of the teams in the head to head haven't yet started for this season. Once they start putting their defensive strategies in - and once you get to later levels where half the plays are countered - it gets harder.

I thought I won an auction - I ended as the high bid on Blake Bortles for $4700 coins. It went into pending - now it's been like an hour and I don't have Bortles or my coins back? What's the deal?
I hear the auction house is still buggy - lots of people reporting same thing as you, and then getting their coins back hours later. I'm having a similar issue with a game where I should have gotten the Browns coin for the game tomorrow night but it didn't show up.

My advice - save your powder. The auction house pricing is in flux and you are much more likely to get screwed as you are to get a deal. I'm planning on limiting my purchasing to elites only when I do start buying.

I hear the auction house is still buggy - lots of people reporting same thing as you, and then getting their coins back hours later. I'm having a similar issue with a game where I should have gotten the Browns coin for the game tomorrow night but it didn't show up.

My advice - save your powder. The auction house pricing is in flux and you are much more likely to get screwed as you are to get a deal. I'm planning on limiting my purchasing to elites only when I do start buying.
Gotcha, I'll hold off and accumulate.

I made a mistake - I started like 8 games and scored on the first drive on each. I'm realizing though that I should have gone for two because each one that's come back so far has an 8-7 score in their favor.

Did you play both matches for the Browns coin?

There is an arrow in the upper right for challenges that have multiple tasks

I just started this last night. Its fun so far. I'm in for a league if anyone else is.

I've been making small upgrades, basically looking for players 65+ for BIN under 1000.

Gotcha, I'll hold off and accumulate. I made a mistake - I started like 8 games and scored on the first drive on each. I'm realizing though that I should have gone for two because each one that's come back so far has an 8-7 score in their favor.
Yep - almost everyone goes for two almost every time.

Did you play both matches for the Browns coin?There is an arrow in the upper right for challenges that have multiple tasks
I hadn't, but I have now. That's bad user interface...

I just started this last night. Its fun so far. I'm in for a league if anyone else is.

I've been making small upgrades, basically looking for players 65+ for BIN under 1000.
I started a league called "Season Score Chasers" last year. We will play tournaments most days (a tournament is three offensive drives long, vs. a different league). Would love to fill it up with you guys vs. randoms.

Early into the season I am at 82 Overall (85 Offense/82 Defense/74 Special). A 500,000 Large Quicksell gave me a nice head start.

Think I am going to grind on Pro-Packs from here on out, and just figure my luck with LQS will fall back to the mean.

7500 for a pro-pack. Auction your gold player for 5000 min with a BIN of 111,111 (hoping for fat fingers). Silvers auction for 1500 min (BIN 11,111) and bronze for 500 min (11,111). That's 9000 min once they all sell, minus the 900 for the auction house fee, that give you 600 profit for every Pro-Pack at the very min. You have to be patient if they don't sell and list again, but I promise they eventually will sell.

What's up with people not playing their league games...at least give a heads up
We get about 90 percent attendance in my current league, which makes it easier to win, we are 9-1. But the Commish is a 63 year old pothead who is on a childish power trip. Looking for another league that plays tourneys everyday.

While waiting on my date to show up, did a filter of Gold Players in the auction house with low bids. Picked up 4 gold players for a total under 6000. Put all four back up with 4000 min bids.

Bogart said:
Rove! said:
What's up with people not playing their league games...at least give a heads up
We get about 90 percent attendance in my current league, which makes it easier to win, we are 9-1. But the Commish is a 63 year old pothead who is on a childish power trip. Looking for another league that plays tourneys everyday.
I'm commish of my league - we run tournys every day. Season Score Chasers - come on down. We're about .500 right now, but have had a lot of no shows lately. I'm cleaning the league out of the non-players this weekend.

Have team up to 81 overall and recently won a $1 million quicksell (large quicksell set). Starting to spend a little money - but trying to wait for the 95+ player cards to come out.

Depends on the box. The cardinal ones are undervalued right now, can get em at $100k and sell for $150k.

The NFL shield ones I've been buying at $45-50k and selling at $65k.

It's not gonna make you crazy rich, but it puts money in your pocket and after you sell enough you keep one for free, because you've earned it

Have team up to 81 overall and recently won a $1 million quicksell (large quicksell set). Starting to spend a little money - but trying to wait for the 95+ player cards to come out.
Those cool million quicksells do not come along often. Nice snag this early in the game.

Majority of my team is elite now. I need to find a good coin generator - I may try that pro pack play.

My league has been cleaned out of non-players, so we are on a five tournament win streak and cruising to number six. We've got a few FBG in there too, which is great.

Early into the season I am at 82 Overall (85 Offense/82 Defense/74 Special). A 500,000 Large Quicksell gave me a nice head start.

Think I am going to grind on Pro-Packs from here on out, and just figure my luck with LQS will fall back to the mean.

7500 for a pro-pack. Auction your gold player for 5000 min with a BIN of 111,111 (hoping for fat fingers). Silvers auction for 1500 min (BIN 11,111) and bronze for 500 min (11,111). That's 9000 min once they all sell, minus the 900 for the auction house fee, that give you 600 profit for every Pro-Pack at the very min. You have to be patient if they don't sell and list again, but I promise they eventually will sell.
Have you tried for a more reasonable BIN? I find last season with trophies that sometimes people would stretch a little to get the auction over with. Based on your numbers, I'm going to try a few at 5k/6.5k, 1,500/2,500 and 500/1k and will report back.

Have you tried for a more reasonable BIN? I find last season with trophies that sometimes people would stretch a little to get the auction over with. Based on your numbers, I'm going to try a few at 5k/6.5k, 1,500/2,500 and 500/1k and will report back.
I have had three gold players go so far for the 111,111 BIN price. Until I get nothing, I'm going to keep it that way.

bigmarc27 said:
nobody is spending 5k on gold players unless its a qb.
My 80+ players are going for a min of 7500, O-line players in the upper 70s are going to 6-7000 easily. Had an 83 WR and 83 TE both gold, both go for over 10K this morning.

Right now I'm setting a min price of 7000 for any Gold 80 or better, 6000 for any Gold 75-79, and 5000 for any other gold. I get about a 75% success rate during the weekend. During the week, I drop the 5000 min to 4000, and the 6000 down to 5000.

You can never underestimate the greed of the Auction House. People want to go in there and they want to buy players they like ASAP. They won't search and be patient.

EDIT: Just had an 84 Stephen Tulloch MLB listed for 10,000 min, sold on a 4 hour auction for 16,048. Just paid for 2 more Pro Packs.

EDIT-EDIT: Gold 83 LeSean McCoy. Min bid of 10,000/4 hour auction. Sold for 25,679.

Last edited by a moderator:
DMXATF23 said:
bigmarc27 said:
nobody is spending 5k on gold players unless its a qb.
I'd spend $15k on gold Chris Johnson the only 3 backs I'd take over him are LT Terrell Davis or flashback CJ2K.Speed is money
I am rolling with McKinnon.
I have been using McKinnon since the beginning and loving what he does. I do have a 77 Knile Davis and 75 Chris Johnson on my bench, the only golds I don't auction off just as soon as I get them. Want to see which of the three is best. While Davis only has 92 Speed compared to the other two having 94 Speed, he does have 90 Trucking which would work well on the Obstacle Course Live Events.

Pulled a 92 Kam out of a League Master Pack this morning. My best pull so far.

Pro Packs have been great for flipping Golds and taking the bronze/silver players to make the Team Sets. Not the best ROI on the Team Sets but they are easy to make and you need to complete 90 sets to get the 99 Odell.

I think I need to start focusing on the Captains Sets which will require more than what Pro Packs can do for me this time. Cheap sniping of Gold and Elite base players to complete the set.

Users who are viewing this thread