What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baby on a golf cart? (1 Viewer)

FreeBaGeL

Footballguy
What's the ruling on this? Are people going to think I'm a horrible person? Is social services going to take my baby?

Kid will be 8 months old by the time the snow melts and would be riding in my wife's lap.

kinda weird.

i just don't associate babies/toddlers and golf courses. i guess if the kid was quiet during my backswing it'd be ok.

Horrible person? No

But it will annoy everyone on the course.

As long as it didnt slow me up somehow, i personally dont mind though. but i know 99% of golfers would be annoyed

What's the ruling on this? Are people going to think I'm a horrible person? Is social services going to take my baby?

Kid will be 8 months old by the time the snow melts and would be riding in my wife's lap.
Or, alternatively, you could leave both of them at home and go play golf

This. Why do you feel the need to bring the wife and baby? Is this the only way she'll let you go?

Why are assuming he is taking the baby to play golf?

This is an FBG. The golf cart is probably just to get around his estate grounds.

This. Why do you feel the need to bring the wife and baby? Is this the only way she'll let you go?
Wife wants to pick up golf this year. I already have plenty of me-time therapy (mountain biking, gym, skiing, etc) and I'm not a serious golfer so I'm OK with it. Not if it means hiring a sitter for 80 bucks every time though.

ETA: Don't usually use a cart but the wife will want one and carrying both the kid and clubs around without one sounds terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't bother me really. I actually played with a buddy who brought his kid. Was totally weirded out at first and we got some looks, but it was fine.

However if that baby screams during my backswing...

Wife wants to pick up golf this year. I already have plenty of me-time therapy (mountain biking, gym, skiing, etc) and I'm not a serious golfer so I'm OK with it. Not if it means hiring a sitter for 80 bucks every time though.

ETA: Don't usually use a cart but the wife will want one and carrying both the kid and clubs around without one sounds terrible.
If I was to talk about enjoying golf, I would tell someone to read this post and think the exact opposite.

thank you for calling rolling meadows pro shop, how may i help you?

id like to get a tee time please.

sure, have you ever played here before?

No, it's my first time golfing actually, but I've been locked inside with my wife all winter, so...

... You can't wait to get away from her? ha, trust me, you're not the only one.

No, I'll be bringing her.

Oh, that's great. she's a big golfer then?

Nope, her first time too.

wow. Ok. Good for you. Lots of couples try golfing together. Will you have a foursome?

a threesome, I guess. Just me, her, and my son.

Oh wow. How old is he?

Eight months.

Wow. Don't you think that'll cramp your style a bit?

Oh don't worry. I'll still have plenty of long breaks to get away from it all. I plan to go mountain biking, skiing, hit up the gym pretty often - really I'm just looking to add a new and very time consuming hobby without giving up any time with my wife or missing out on any diaper changes.

Jesus. Are you guys independently wealthy or something?

No, that's why were bringing the kid. We don't want to spend a lot of money on a baby sitter so we plan to start a nice cheap hobby like golf and just bring our infant child to hours of sun exposure on a mechanized vehicle that feels like it's going to top over at any time and has no does or windows to protect him from the hundreds of high speed projectiles launching around the course.

first kid?

yes, how could you tell?

How about you stay home and watch the kid and let your wife go play. Better answer when she calls though or she'll start to panic.

No, it's my first time golfing actually, but I've been locked inside with my wife all winter, so...

wow. Ok. Good for you. Lots of couples try golfing together. Will you have a foursome?

Oh wow. How old is he?

Eight months.

Oh don't worry. I'll still have plenty of long breaks to get away from it all. I plan to go mountain biking, skiing, hit up the gym pretty often - really I'm just looking to add a new and very time consuming hobby without giving up any time with my wife or missing out on any diaper changes.

No, that's why were bringing the kid. We don't want to spend a lot of money on a baby sitter so we plan to start a nice cheap hobby like golf and just bring our infant child to hours of sun exposure on a mechanized vehicle that feels like it's going to top over at any time and has no does or windows to protect him from the hundreds of high speed projectiles launching around the course.

first kid?

yes, how could you tell?
:lmao: bf has been on fire lately.

Oh wow. How old is he?

Eight months.

first kid?

yes, how could you tell?
So you're saying there's a chance?

If you are set on doing it -

- put the kid in a car seat

- bring some webbing to secure the car seat to the cart

- wife drives

- you walk

I would drive into you for being a #######

So when you are both putting you just lay the kid on the floor of the golf cart, or let me crawl around on the green and eat the chemicals.

Your wife must have some tattoos

Oh wow. How old is he?

Eight months.

first kid?

yes, how could you tell?
:lmao: :lmao: :cry: :lmao:

:lmao: all of it. So you are going to drive 30 yards to her tee shot. Then she hits again. Then you are going to drive to your ball at some point.

here hold the baby I have to putt. Grab the baby while I chip. Ok now I have to choose a club line up take a few swings. Here now your turn.

I don't see how this will slow you down at all

Hmmm, I wonder what effect a baby in a backpack would have on a golf swing. Could fix that slice I can't get rid of.

I would drive into you for being a #######

So when you are both putting you just lay the kid on the floor of the golf cart, or let me crawl around on the green and eat the chemicals.

Your wife must have some tattoos
Eat all the chemicals you want weirdo.

I am eagerly awaiting a review of this... Video would be even more appreciated. I can't get the visual of a husband, wife, and young baby on a public course while learning to play golf.

Honestly, if you recorded this and trimmed it down to the best 10 minutes of the day, it would be a viral sensation on Youtube.

I am eagerly awaiting a review of this... Video would be even more appreciated. I can't get the visual of a husband, wife, and young baby on a public course while learning to play golf.

Honestly, if you recorded this and trimmed it down to the best 10 minutes of the day, it would be a viral sensation on Youtube.
Unfortunately you guys had me convinced that this was a terrible idea about 30 posts ago. Just trying to ride out the rest of the thread with a little dignity at this point.

If you wanted a video/review you should have played it coy from the get-go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should go over fine with the other golfers on the course when the little guy starts crying. Why don't you go right from there to the library for a little while. Maybe catch a movie after that.

Users who are viewing this thread