What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Curt Schilling's Mission: Destroy Lives of Men for Obscene Tweets (1 Viewer)

Good is right. Freedom of speech but I have no problem with reporting someone's messages to their employer if they write something like that.

You want to bust on Schilling... go for it. Guy is a blowhard. But, eave the dude's daughter out of it.

I'm all for trolling... big fan of the practice. However, there are lines. Referencing violating a man's daughter's bloody hymen is well past that line. Glad to see some of these twats getting comeuppance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying those tweets were cool in anyway but Curt had to have seen this coming, no?

Why even have Twitter where the mass public could comment?

Wow some of those tweets come close to offending even me. Pretty harsh.
Who types some of that type of stuff?

I mean I laughed at many of those, but man they were getting pretty close to be disturbing/offensive.

I'm not why any public figure would have a twitter/facebook account that wasn't completely controlled by a professional who only tweeted non-personal stuff.

I don't follow Curt... but I follow semi-public figures like @jimcramer (mad money) and @danslott (writes spider-man) and they spend an inordinate amount of time debating trolls, blocking people, etc. For what value?

If I'm curt I would basically quit twitter after that run or turn it over to a professional... why do that?

Not saying those tweets were cool in anyway but Curt had to have seen this coming, no?

Why not have a twitter account, because of loser scumbags like that? Better to take out the trash than leaving it sitting around to spoil everything else around it.

So don't be on Twitter if you have a daughter?
if you're a public figure with a few million followers especially when you pitched for a team where a lot of people are going to hate on you... then you can have a daughter, but I wouldn't tweet about her... he knew what was going to come, just didn't realize how badly.

I mean I laughed at many of those, but man they were getting pretty close to be disturbing/offensive.

I'm not why any public figure would have a twitter/facebook account that wasn't completely controlled by a professional who only tweeted non-personal stuff.

I don't follow Curt... but I follow semi-public figures like @jimcramer (mad money) and @danslott (writes spider-man) and they spend an inordinate amount of time debating trolls, blocking people, etc. For what value?

If I'm curt I would basically quit twitter after that run or turn it over to a professional... why do that?
Maybe this incident will set an example and ultimately make the world a better place with fewer internet trolls?

Why not have twitter? Because maybe 2% of the people care what you have to say. No one cares your daughter son or whomever is going to play is going to college.

:shrug: I don't understand the need to announce crap like that.

That said sounds like I'm blaming Curt. I'm not.

People say this #### because of no consequences. Old days you'd get a punch in the mouth :shrug:

if you're a public figure with a few million followers especially when you pitched for a team where a lot of people are going to hate on you... then you can have a daughter, but I wouldn't tweet about her... he knew what was going to come, just didn't realize how badly.
So you let he Twitter tough guys control what you do or don't Tweet about? Then they win. F that.

Lol, in the comments some lady is crying because she thinks Schilling is being overly harsh and ruining these kids' lives. Wonder which pathetic scumbag's mom she is?

I'm so done with the disgusting stuff people say from behind a keyboard and monitor. Time to start running the lives of every scumbag cyberbully/tough guy out there. Track them all down. Report them to their employers, schools and families. Publicly humiliate them. Ruin their future job prospects. Once enough people start facing the consequences, the behavior will be curbed. But they need to know that this is NOT acceptable societal behavior.

He shouldn't have to avoid having a public media tool just because of what haters can say back.

Why not have twitter? Because maybe 2% of the people care what you have to say. No one cares your daughter son or whomever is going to play is going to college.

:shrug: I don't understand the need to announce crap like that.

That said sounds like I'm blaming Curt. I'm not.

People say this #### because of no consequences. Old days you'd get a punch in the mouth :shrug:
And this is exactly why Curt is awesome. WHY are there no consequences? That's garbage. There NEEDS to be consequences. You don't think all those students that just got suspended from their college sports teams feel like they got punched in the mouth? Or the guy that lost his new job with the Yankees? Or all the douches that now realize their names will be tied to those comments by employers for the rest of their lives?

Nobody should have to stop sharing and interacting with others because of the slime out there. Time to take some bleach and burn the slime all out. I hope other celebrities take note of this and start doing the same thing. Don't just retweet and expose them, take it the next step and follow up with their employers and schools and families. Force some immediate and real world consequences.

In fact, that seems like an awesome business opportunity. A business that celebrities or others can hire to track down all the scum on their social media and take these jerks down for real.

Good is right. Freedom of speech but I have no problem with reporting someone's messages to their employer if they write something like that.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can't get fired from your job for the stuff you say.

Not a fan of Schilling, but I like what he did here.

You want to bust on Schilling... go for it. Guy is a blowhard. But, eave the dude's daughter out of it.

I'm all for trolling... big fan of the practice. However, there are lines. Referencing violating a man's daughter's bloody hymen is well past that line. Glad to see some of these twats getting comeuppance.
IMO, nothing wrong with a little joking/kidding around/busting of chops. I'm sure Shill has heard far worse from Yankee fans.

It's like at work; I'd never bust on a guy's wife or kids, but he's fair game all day every day.

I treat people on twitter the same way...just like I do in real life.

I'm careful with what I say on Facebook and Twitter because of my job. Why shouldn't everyone be?

I understand where you are coming from, but how is this argument any different than a female who has been raped.... She wore something revealing, gets raped, then some say that she knew better and shouldn't have worn that outfit.(although this example is obviously way more extreme - but you get my point.)

So you let he Twitter tough guys control what you do or don't Tweet about? Then they win. F that.
Yeah, i would. Why wouldn't someone just avoid conflict? why take it on? If I had millions of dollars like Curt does, isn't there anything better to do with your time? Doesn't he have a massage to get, a vacation to go on, a game of golf to play, movie to watch, a book to read... anything other than spending time on twitter then posting on a blog to bust trolls?

If I had millions of dollars like Curt does, isn't there anything better to do with your time? Doesn't he have a massage to get, a vacation to go on, a game of golf to play, movie to watch, a book to read... anything other than spending time on twitter then posting on a blog to bust trolls?
Not really related to the article, but isn't Schilling broke? Didn't he start that videogame company with all his own money and go out of business pretty spectacularly?

Sounds alot like, "she shouldn't have been dressed like that.."

Yeah, i would. Why wouldn't someone just avoid conflict? why take it on? If I had millions of dollars like Curt does, isn't there anything better to do with your time? Doesn't he have a massage to get, a vacation to go on, a game of golf to play, movie to watch, a book to read... anything other than spending time on twitter then posting on a blog to bust trolls?
He cares about what he is doing and I think what he is doing has some value.

When I first read the headline "College Student Suspended for Tweets He Made About Curt Shilling's Daughter" I was all prepared to get angry about yet another university enforcing a ridiculous level of political correctness. Then I read the story and did a hard 180.

If I had millions of dollars like Curt does, isn't there anything better to do with your time? Doesn't he have a massage to get, a vacation to go on, a game of golf to play, movie to watch, a book to read... anything other than spending time on twitter then posting on a blog to bust trolls?
Not really related to the article, but isn't Schilling broke? Didn't he start that videogame company with all his own money and go out of business pretty spectacularly?
Yes, 38 Studios is bankrupt.

I'm so done with the disgusting stuff people say from behind a keyboard and monitor. Time to start running the lives of every scumbag cyberbully/tough guy out there.
I'd like to see you try. I would take a ##### and shove it so ######### far up your ######## ######### you'd be ########## ######### until ######## came out of your ######

Yes. He lost all of his savings on 38 studios attempting to recreate WoW

You do understand that this sort of behavior that Curt is going after isn't just aimed at celebrities, right?

Shilling should have just picked up his phone and called his daughter, told her personally how happy and proud he is of her instead of posting it on Twitter. Instead Shilling who is hated by many was bragging about his daughter in cyberspace. Not surprised at the end result. The daughter just bore the brunt of the hate for Shilling.

jeebus... you only have to get rich once... the guy could put that 50 mill entirely in muni bonds or AAA rated regular bonds and be set for life... and he has to do something STUPID like that.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Not that it matters in this context, but pretty sure about $100MM of that money gone was from Rhode Island taxpayers.

Not that it matters in this context, but pretty sure about $100MM of that money gone was from Rhode Island taxpayers.
Right, that's why I didn't really comment on his personal situation...I wasn't sure of the actual funding outside of that Wiki article and what I'd read sporadically. I just know that the company tanked horribly.

Shilling should have just picked up his phone and called his daughter, told her personally how happy and proud he is of her instead of posting it on Twitter. Instead Shilling who is hated by many was bragging about his daughter in cyberspace. Not surprised at the end result. The daughter just bore the brunt of the hate for Shilling.
And it's ok for her to bore that brunt?

Lol, in the comments some lady is crying because she thinks Schilling is being overly harsh and ruining these kids' lives. Wonder which pathetic scumbag's mom she is?

I'm so done with the disgusting stuff people say from behind a keyboard and monitor. Time to start running the lives of every scumbag cyberbully/tough guy out there. Track them all down. Report them to their employers, schools and families. Publicly humiliate them. Ruin their future job prospects. Once enough people start facing the consequences, the behavior will be curbed. But they need to know that this is NOT acceptable societal behavior.
Right on brother. I love what Curt did there. As he said on EEI this morning, people need to understand that the internet isn't anonymous anymore.

Not at all...that is why Shilling should have just called her or better yet told her in person.

Sounds alot like, "she shouldn't have been dressed like that.."
Not really at all.

Not at all...that is why Shilling should have just called her or better yet told her in person.
Why? He was proud of his daughter.

Won't someone please think of these poor innocent internet trolls?!

Users who are viewing this thread