What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Instagram... :confused: (1 Viewer)

johnnycakes

Footballguy
My daughter is constantly fiddling with her iPhone... come to find out she's on Instagram. A lot. So I checked it out. What's the point? Is it Facebook on crack or something?

Random sampling of posts from her homepage:

apple_didi posted a photo of a bowl of some slop she was eating. Has 19 likes.

amandac_33 posted a wedding photo from her parents wedding 33 years ago. 19 likes.

volume_wufazhuce posted a photo of the outside of some Sichuan restaurant in Amsterdam. 37 likes.

kenzo posted a photo of a blanket on the beach. 9,728 likes.

So it's just a conglomeration of random photos... very little commentary. just photos and likes. And people spend time on this? wtf?

I prefer Instagram to fb because it is primarily pics...not sure why a kid would like it though. I use it as a time saver so I don't have to go through all the crap on fb...

That's exactly why kids are there...because all of their parents have taken over Facebook and have made it "lame". Kids want to be where adults aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly why kids are there...because all of their parents have taken over Facebook and have made it "lame". Kids want to be where adults aren't.
by default I guess I am cool...nice, there is a first for everything..

My daughter is constantly fiddling with her iPhone... come to find out she's on Instagram. A lot. So I checked it out. What's the point? Is it Facebook on crack or something?

amandac_33 posted a wedding photo from her parents wedding 33 years ago. 19 likes.

volume_wufazhuce posted a photo of the outside of some Sichuan restaurant in Amsterdam. 37 likes.

So it's just a conglomeration of random photos... very little commentary. just photos and likes. And people spend time on this? wtf?
Holy crap, kenzo got 9,728 likes???

Holy crap, kenzo got 9,728 likes???
Yeah... see, that's another thing.... there are actually sites out there where, for REAL money, you can go and buy "likes" or "followers". This site would be the official FBG Dentist's nightmare!

I want to slap my SIL every time she hands me her phone to take a picture of her and the wife and says, "Make sure it's in 'square' mode because that works better on instagram."

Click - Here's your f-ing picture. I think you blinked. I hate taking pictures.

Hot chicks post pics of themselves. How is that hard to understand?
This too. But it kinda freaks me out when I'm scrolling thru and a pic of some hot ### 20 something is followed by my buddy's 4 year old eating his breakfast - I'm too dumb to figure out if I can change the display/feed.

You know how Instagram is used? Women can post pictures of themselves and guys fly thousands of miles to buy them and bring them home as wives.

True story.

Users who are viewing this thread