What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patrick Willis and Justin Smith to retire (1 Viewer)

Borland should be the big winner here IMO. Hate to see Patrick Willis go. I drafted him in late round 2 my first year playing zealots and he spent his whole career on my club.

Tank Carradine bump?
Dunno how it couldn't be. Hoping he grabs the baton and runs. Been patiently waiting for him to get his shot.
Well they did sign Dockett, but Ray McDonald is also gone so there's certainly opportunity for Tank to show what he's got. Dockett, Jerod-Eddie and Tank are the primary ends now but I'm sure they will bring in another body either in FA or in the draft. Last season Smith and McDonald had over 1400 snaps so there's definitely opportunity for playing time.

And yes, this is huge for Borland owners. He's been legitimately good but he would have struggled to find a three down role when up against Bowman and Willis.

Hmm...I just checked. According to PFF Tank had 3 sacks in 73 pass rushing snaps. McDonald had 3 sacks in 439 pass rushing snaps. And Tank only had 146 snaps in total (122 in the last five weeks), so yeah he's up for a big increase in playing time. Get excited.

Hmm...I just checked. According to PFF Tank had 3 sacks in 73 pass rushing snaps. McDonald had 3 sacks in 439 pass rushing snaps. And Tank only had 146 snaps in total (122 in the last five weeks), so yeah he's up for a big increase in playing time. Get excited.
Yeah, saw some similar data earlier in the non-playing season.

His last month of games in '14, where he was getting more playing time, he really performed well. Looked over the leg issue, which was my biggest concern with him ever panning out. Feeling good about him right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread