What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Curtis Lofton Released by the Saints (1 Viewer)

FUBAR

Footballguy
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477469/article/saints-release-linebacker-curtis-lofton

Didn't really fit in with Rob Ryan's scheme and his emphasis on defending the pass but did very well last year in the middle. Shoulder scope shouldn't impact his performance next year, and I'd suspect he continues to be a solid LB in tackle heavy leagues.

Seems like a solid guy who will help any team but where is he likely to end up?

Chicago could use him

could Green Bay afford him?

Minnesota?

Miami - Misi did not do well in the middle but they have a couple young guys to fill the gap

Buffalo?

Other than his release I haven't seen any team linked to him and the Saints were unable to trade him, so what's his market look like?

likely limited market and a prove it deal. My memory of him is sort of fuzzy, hasn't he been dealing with nagging injuries for the past few years?

If so, prove it type deal somewhere.

I remember being a little surprised he left the Falcons. I've always liked him but I have to wonder if he doesn't have issues getting along with teammates, because his production and a release by a team with a crap defense don't seem to make all that much sense.

I remember being a little surprised he left the Falcons. I've always liked him but I have to wonder if he doesn't have issues getting along with teammates, because his production and a release by a team with a crap defense don't seem to make all that much sense.
cap issues; this is the same team that also traded one of the best players in the league.

cap issues; this is the same team that also traded one of the best players in the league.
Good point.

I'd also like to know how Sio Moore fits in to Oakland's new corps.

Are they going to a 3-4 with Moore, Smith, Lofton and Mack.

I thought Moore looked like he was all over the place a year ago.

Raiders blowing money if not going to 3-4

Moore is more talented than Smith. Did you guys watch him? He moves very well in coverage and did a good job against the run. Smith was signed just in case Moore isn't healthy. So beginning of season they might rotate some but Moore is the more explosive players. Smith won the MVP of the Super Bowl. Seattle didn't even want him back. He signed for $7 million over 2 years. Not a very big contract. I bet he plays special teams and backs up Moore when all is said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread