What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RP Rankings for S+H leagues? (1 Viewer)

I think the biggest thing in S&H leagues (or leagues with Holds as a separate category) is to downgrade RPs across the board. There's much less scarcity than in SV only leagues and lots of guys who can put up good K/9, ERA and WHIP.

Closers are still generally better producers than set-up men because SV are more concentrated (17 pitchers had >30 SV last year compared to only 4 with >30 H) but holds run deeper and set-up men will always be available on the waiver wire throughout the year.

I think the biggest thing in S&H leagues (or leagues with Holds as a separate category) is to downgrade RPs across the board. There's much less scarcity than in SV only leagues and lots of guys who can put up good K/9, ERA and WHIP.

Closers are still generally better producers than set-up men because SV are more concentrated (17 pitchers had >30 SV last year compared to only 4 with >30 H) but holds run deeper and set-up men will always be available on the waiver wire throughout the year.
I've been playing in a S+H league for 9 years now and this analysis is exactly correct. The main thing it does is deepen the RP pool. There's also more guys that come out of nowhere to be big holds contributors. As an example, Dellin Betances and Wade Davis went undrafted in my league last year.

I haven't played yet in a S+H league. Do you guys like that category or do it like it more if H is a separate category?

I haven't played yet in a S+H league. Do you guys like that category or do it like it more if H is a separate category?
Hate it. Also hate it as a separate category. I'm in a 7x7 league and we can't agree on a better 7th pitching category, so we keep rolling RW's out there. Unpredictable, sure, but it keepers closers more valuable than MR's while not making SP's even more valuable than they already are (6th category is QS).

Hate it. Also hate it as a separate category. I'm in a 7x7 league and we can't agree on a better 7th pitching category, so we keep rolling RW's out there. Unpredictable, sure, but it keepers closers more valuable than MR's while not making SP's even more valuable than they already are (6th category is QS).
Thank you. What does RW stand for?

(Pardon me if it should be obvious and I am just having a brain fart)

Thank you.What does RW stand for?

(Pardon me if it should be obvious and I am just having a brain fart)
No worries, relief wins.

I like saves + holds as a category in 5x5 and I'm good with each getting their own in a 6x6 or more league. It makes middle relief somewhat important which is nice.

I've never played in a combined S&H league but I think I'd probably like it better than 6x6 with Holds. I did that once and felt Saves and Holds as separate categories overemphasized RP.

Users who are viewing this thread