What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bale Machinist Diet: Apple and a can of tuna per day - doable? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Guy lost 63lbs in 4 months doing this.

The Christian Bale weight loss diet consisted of an apple and can of tuna fish per day. Occasionally, he used Anne Hathaway’s weight loss strategy of eating just two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste.

It’s also reported that Bale drank a lot of coffee, chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and ate salads to prepare for his role.
Anyone ever try something like this? I'm thinking about giving it a whirl for like a month, just for giggles, to see if it can be done, and to see if I can quickly knock off the 15-20lbs I want to kill off.

We doing this or what?

I'm down to eating 2 granola bars for lunch, a bitesize snickers as a snack if needed but that's rare after a year. I like the simplicity now and don't miss "lunch", the other meals are real food. I'm on the Otis lunch plan, work through lunch :thumbup:

I'm down to eating 2 granola bars for lunch, a bitesize snickers as a snack if needed but that's rare after a year. I like the simplicity now and don't miss "lunch", the other meals are real food. I'm on the Otis lunch plan, work through lunch :thumbup:
:hifive:

Protein bar for lunch here. All pro.

I tried it three times... don't think I made the day...props to bale.

You may want to read more about it, I know he was extremely low energy by the end.

You should easily lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind your hair falling out, having zero energy, and potentially doing harm to several major internal organs, it's actually a great way to cut weight. :thumbup:

HEY GUIZE, I'M GOING TO GO ON THE JOLLY GREEN TOXIC FLUSH UPKINS SOUTH BEACH PURGE.

re: this idea -- Pretty shticky, just to say you're only going to eat 250 calories a day. You'll be miserable with no energy.

If you eat the right foods and space them correctly you can not be totally kicked at maybe 750 (probably more like 1000) calories a day, but going that route doesn't have a cool diet title.

About 20 years ago I ate nothing but a stuffed quahog for lunch for 2 weeks. No breakfast or supper. Dropped about 15lbs but yes, I felt like crap at the end. About 7 years ago I drank nothing but veggie/fruit juice for 10 days. Dropped about 10lbs. Again, felt like crap. Won't do that again. About 12 years ago I went all in with Atkins for 2 weeks and dropped about 15lbs. Now THAT was awesome. Kept it off for years following the basic principles. I should go back to that again but it's so much more difficult not being single because we like our wine and beer and going out to eat.

My wife lived for months at a time on nothing but canned salmon and chinese tea............and cocaine....and vodka......did i mention the cocaine?

You can do it. IT won't be a long term solution and you will lose muscle mass as well as water weight along with the unwanted fat, but sure... go ahead and do it.. what can possibly go wrong?

I would die. Not from the lack of calories but because I'm a real #### when I'm hungry. An apple and a can of tuna for a whole day? My wife would murder me by day two, and she'd probably be justified.

I would die. Not from the lack of calories but because I'm a real #### when I'm hungry. An apple and a can of tuna for a whole day? My wife would murder me by day two, and she'd probably be justified.
There are plenty of days when I get to work and have only coffee, skip lunch, and don't get dinner till I get home at 8. I'm usually hungry and a little bit annoyed, but it's not that hard to go a day.

Days 2-3 is where I think it would become really hard.

Somewhere at about a week I bet it starts to subside ever so slightly.

Remember too, Bale didn't just have the apple and tuna. He also had coffee and gum and salad. Could probably map out 500 calories that way and get by.

I love eating 6 huge meals a day and staying under 7 percent bf...then again I work hard in the gym.

In honor of this thread, I just ate a can on tuna sprinkled with some Montreal steak season, a coupld small chuncks of feta cheese, and a dash of basil vinaigrette. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Debating the apple.

Of course you can lose weight if you starve yourself. Eventually you'll stop starving yourself and the weight (and and quite possibly more weight) will return. You'll then enter a vicious cycle of starving yourself for periods of time to get your weight back down followed by periods of weight gain after you inevitably fall hard off the wagon. Denying yourself food is not the answer. Changing what you eat is the answer. Buy one of these. You'll be eating more fruits and vegetables than you ever thought you were capable of and you'll be loving doing it. I'm about to eat a mountain of spinach, baby kale, zucchini, carrots, beets, broccoli, frozen blueberries, banana with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk. It will taste like a delicious, ice cold, perfectly smooth, healthy milkshake. Energy all afternoon and my weight hasn't been this low since high school. If you had told me last year I would be eating all of those vegetables in one sitting I would have told you you were crazy. There would be now way I could do it unless I smothered them in butter or cheese and even then I'd be gagging my way through the plate. Now those same vegetables are a treat I look forward to every day.

Of course you can lose weight if you starve yourself. Eventually you'll stop starving yourself and the weight (and and quite possibly more weight) will return. You'll then enter a vicious cycle of starving yourself for periods of time to get your weight back down followed by periods of weight gain after you inevitably fall hard off the wagon. Denying yourself food is not the answer. Changing what you eat is the answer. Buy one of these. You'll be eating more fruits and vegetables than you ever thought you were capable of and you'll be loving doing it. I'm about to eat a mountain of spinach, baby kale, zucchini, carrots, beets, broccoli, frozen blueberries, banana with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk. It will taste like a delicious, ice cold, perfectly smooth, healthy milkshake. Energy all afternoon and my weight hasn't been this low since high school. If you had told me last year I would be eating all of those vegetables in one sitting I would have told you you were crazy. There would be now way I could do it unless I smothered them in butter or cheese and even then I'd be gagging my way through the plate. Now those same vegetables are a treat I look forward to every day.
How about if Otis puts the tuna fish and apple in the blendtec?

I'd rather not skip a mortgage payment to buy that, but sounds like a win.

I'd only suggest this if you guys are trying to fit into your dress for a wedding. Its not a long term plan.

A better long term plan is to walk 2 miles and then eat a light dinner (half portions of whatever you'd normally eat) every night.

your mortgage is $368 dollars?

Do you have indoor plumbing or electricity?

Think of it as an investment in yourself. You wouldn't pay 400 bucks to be much healthier? i use the thing every day. It's probably the best purchase i've ever made.

You are going to be a real treat to work with about 4 days in to this. Maybe easier if you were sitting around all day doing only what you wanted while having everyone you meet kiss your butt while you prepare for a movie role. Even then seems pretty terrible.

Leading a normal life and doing this seems like a real bad idea. Good luck.

Don't listen to these Debbie downers oats. This could be the diet that works for you. Statistically speaking, the majority of the folks in this thread are overweight so why are you taking advice from them.

Users who are viewing this thread